Prologue 4
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in front of the door with knives in both hands my heart was pounding and I was a little scared but the hatred and the thirst for revenge took over all of my fears, with full determination and resolution I knocked on the door.

I could hear Brain and Jenny stop talking the moment I knocked on the door. A chilling prelude to the confrontation that awaited me on the other side. I could sense the tension building, a palpable energy that crackled in the air like static electricity.

Footsteps approached from within, each one echoing with ominous weight as they drew closer to the threshold. My grip tightened on the knives, my resolve steeling itself against the unknown adversary that awaited me just beyond the door.

And then, the footsteps halted abruptly, mere inches from where he stood. The silence that followed was deafening, broken only by the ragged sound of my own breath as it escaped in shallow gasps.

"Who is it?... Jerry is that you?" Jenny asked from behind the door

"...."

I didn't reply. I was waiting for her to open the door.

*Click*

After a few seconds the door was opened with a creaking noise. Without waiting for it to fully open, I pushed the door with my left hand and thrusted the knife in my right hand straight towards Jenny.

*Stab!*

*Groaning*

"You-u... "

I could feel the knife penetrating Jenny in her stomach. I could hear her voice in pain. At that moment I felt so good. I looked up and saw an oh so familiar face laced with terror. Her eyes were red and were shrunken to a point, filled with excruciating pain. Her face was contorted to a very ugly extent.
I was thrilled by the sight of her whimpering in pain. Jenny clutched the knife with both her hands. Her hands were stained red with her blood, her gown was dripping her blood on the floor.

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip*

She staggered backwards at the sight of her blood.

*Thud*

Jenny tripped and fell on her back.

"Don't- Do- Don't... ah *cough*.... come near m- me"

Despite experiencing the excruciating pain she tried to crawl backwards aways from me. Her blood stained the floor and made a long mark on the floor.

"AHHHHHHHHH.... YOU-YOU WRETCH... HOW DARE YOU TRY TO KILL JENNY... I'LL KILL YOU!!!!"

Only now did Brian come to his senses from the shock of seeing Jenny getting stabbed and screamed . He ran towards me with a maniac look in his eyes. I grabbed the knife in my left hand and ran towards him. With a swing of my hand I tried to thrust the knife into him but it didn't go well like last time. He was obviously more powerful than me but I got the weapon advantage. I tried to stab him many times but in turn he grabbed my left hand with both of his hands. In the dimly lit room, the air crackled with tension as we both grappled for control of the knife clenched tightly in my left hand. Furniture toppled and shattered around us, the cacophony of splintering wood and crashing objects drowned out by the primal struggle that consumed the space.

With each desperate lunge and parry, I fought with all the ferocity of a wounded animal, my muscles straining against Brian's relentless assault. The knife glinted malevolently in the dim light, a silent witness to the deadly dance unfolding before it.

Our bodies collided with bone-jarring force, each impact driving us closer to the edge of sanity and oblivion. The room spun around us in a dizzying whirlwind of chaos, the lines between aggressor and defender blurred by the sheer intensity of our struggle.

But through the haze of adrenaline and fear, my determination remained unwavering. With a surge of primal instinct, I twisted and turned, wrenching the knife from Brian's grasp with a primal roar of triumph.

For a fleeting moment, time seemed to stand still, the knife clenched tightly in my trembling hand. And then, with a swift and decisive motion, I plunged the blade into Brian's chest.

*splukkkk*

"Gasp..."

Brian's eyes widened in shock and disbelief as life drained from his body. He crumpled to the ground in a pool of his own blood. In his desperate attempt to cling to life, he clawed futilely at the floor, his strength fading with each passing moment.

And as the light dimmed in Brian's eyes, I watched in silent horror and resignation, my chest heaving with the weight of what I had done. In that moment, the line between predator and prey blurred into obscurity, leaving only the stark reality of death and the chilling reminder of the darkness that lurked within the depths of my own soul.

*Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

The deafening roar of gunshots shattered the fragile calm of the room, the boy's world erupted into chaos once more. Pain seared through his body like wildfire, each gunshot a cruel reminder of his own mortality as blood welled from the wounds that marred his flesh.

With a gasp of agony, I staggered backward, my vision swimming with the haze of pain and confusion. I looked down to see the crimson tide spreading across his body, staining his clothes and pooling at his feet in a grotesque tableau of violence.

And then, amidst the chaos and carnage, I saw her. Jenny, standing amidst the wreckage, a gun clutched tightly in her trembling hand. The smoke still curled from the muzzle, a silent testament to the violence that had erupted in the room.

But even as I watched, my gaze shifted to the blade protruding from her abdomen, a grim reminder of the fate that had befallen her. With a strangled cry, she collapsed to the ground, the knife plunging deeper into her flesh with a sickening squelch as her life ebbed away.

For a moment, there was only silence, broken only by the ragged sounds of their laboured breaths and the steady drip of blood upon the floor.

I stood there and looked around the room. Everything was such a mess. All things were broken and lying all over the floor. Brian with his hand still clutched was lying in his pool of blood near the cushion with his eyes wide open in terror, Jenny was lying headfirst with a gun in her left hand and blood all around her.

*Thud*

I looked back at the door of the room. Brian's son Jerry was sitting there with his eyes filled with fear and a pool of liquid emitting a foul stench underneath him. At the sight of him I remembered all the insults and bullying he had done to me all these years. The more I recalled the angrier I grew and I took out the last knife I had on my waistband and threw it with all the remaining strength I could muster. Luckily for me he was frozen in fear and couldn't even dodge it. The knife plunged into his head, taking his life right on the spot.

As the last vestiges of strength ebbed from my weary body, I sank to the ground, my back pressed against the soft cushion of the couch. With each laboured breath, I felt the relentless march of time slowing, my heartbeat echoing like a distant drum in the cavernous expanse of my chest.

The room swam in a blur of fading light, shadows dancing at the edges of my vision like spectres of the past. The pain that had once consumed him now dulled to a distant ache, a faint echo of the violence that had brought him to this moment.

Despite the inevitability of his fate, there was no fear in my eyes, no trace of regret or remorse. Instead, a quiet acceptance settled over him like a comforting embrace, wrapping him in a cloak of peace amidst the chaos that had defined his existence. In the silence that surrounded me, I found solace, a moment of clarity amidst the turmoil of his final hours.

Memories flickered like candle flames in the recesses of my mind.

"Sorry mom, Sorry dad, Sorry brother... I let you all down. I hope you all will forgive me, this unfilial child . I punished all the people who were responsible for your death. I will be reuniting with you guys soon"

In that moment of profound stillness, amidst the fading echoes of chaos and pain, a warmth enveloped me, soothing my weary soul like a gentle embrace. Two familiar hands cradled my head, their touch a balm against the wounds of a lifetime.

"You have suffered enough my child. You are our precious child, we are sorry for leaving you all alone... "

And then, a voice, soft and melodic, echoed through the depths of my being, carrying with it a sense of peace and reassurance. It spoke of love and forgiveness, of a bond that transcended the boundaries of life and death.

I dared to look up, my heart pounding with a mixture of disbelief and hope. And there they were, my mom and my dad, bathed in a soft, golden light, their gentle smiles a beacon of love in the darkness that surrounded us.

Tears welled in my eyes as I drank in the sight of them, my heart overflowing with a torrent of emotions too vast to contain. In their presence, I found solace, a sanctuary from the storms that had raged within me for so long.

With a smile of gratitude etched upon my lips, I surrendered to the warmth of their embrace, allowing myself to be enveloped by the love that had never truly left me. And as the gentle glow of their presence enveloped me, I closed my eyes, content in the knowledge that I was not alone, that their love would guide me through the darkness and into the light.

1