Chapter 1 – Girlfailure in the Making
212 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We’re here to interrupt you to announce that a resounding boom shook the Pacific Ocean, and soon more meteorites will fall after the failed expansion to the moon. Please take-”

I closed the music video I was hearing on the side while playing my card game, I didn’t care or want to know about anything else now.

Just play a comfy and sad song for me.

One of my favorite comforting songs starts to play as I play it from my songs' library, calming me as I see lots of notifications about the world on my phone, but more importantly-

[Your match is up. Please check in.]

The notification of my fighting game tournament I was supposed to participate in, but I felt so bad about myself that ended up playing this new card game that came out today instead.

“I always go 0-2 either way…” My confidence was pretty shattered.

I could hear some screaming from outside my apartment, however, that sounds the usual on holidays.

“I did try playing fighting games to bond with that girl from my social media but it never worked out. Pretty pathetic, she even thinks I’m a girl by how I type and act, and I don’t have the heart to tell her the truth…” And I did nothing to stop this thought from everyone by thinking about literally choosing a girl character to represent my leader, me, at the card game.

Maybe there was some comfort or desire deep inside of me like this.

I won’t go into detail or think too deeply, lest I unlock something within me that shouldn’t.

[Welcome to Cyjill. What’s your Gender and desired appearance?]

There were many welcoming options there, I was surprised by how inclusive they were with names I never heard about.

Gunshots came from outside, with a tense, thick smell of fire.

“Let’s see, Woman. I prefer to look cute in games. And…”

I slowly crafted a cute girl based on my tastes as my phone couldn’t stop shaking, receiving calls from my mother and even my father.

They can wait.

...

Finally, the girl of my dreams was done, she had silky blond hair, long enough to reach the middle of her back.

The usual blue eyes, with a hint of wonder and a little pathetic too, I enjoyed my girlfailures, I would do anything to protect her as she fails to do basic actions.

For clothing, I chose a beige sweater, all comfy to touch and see around, letting her boobs look a little more prominent considering their size which was of course, quite big.

Her build was quite alike mine, on the skinny side, and wearing blue jeans since I honestly can’t think of myself without them when I have to go out to buy groceries.

There were some race settings, but I ignored them and just put a cute cat tail on her as an accessory.

[Please wait until we finish making your starter deck based on your choices to start your journey.]

[10%]

I stretch up being done with that, going to get some guava juice when I notice the room was quite bright strangely.

[20%]

“A little hot too.”

[30%]

“Are they starting a fire outside?”

[40%]

Shyly moving the curtains away to stare outside, my whole body froze.

[50%]

A massive ball of fire was there staring at me, slowly burning my tissues as it approached me.

[60%]

My screaming started, not out of pain but terror seeing it and as if there was a face grinning staring at me in glee at seeing my despair.

[70%]

I tried to crawl away but my knees gave out in the literal sense.

[80%]

A laugh came out that shook the city as the screams started to die down.

[90%]

My whole world became white, feeling everything fade away, in happiness it was over.

[100%]

[Welcome to the world of Cyjil.]


Suddenly after I don’t know for how long, the world cleared up.

I wasn’t in pain anymore but felt a little heavy in the chest.

I first breathed in relief that the traumatic experience was over before looking around, and noticing what was happening.

“So I did die.”

Skies were blue as one would expect but looking at my right, there was no land.

Only the skies.

The eternal skies and the clouds.

I was on a floating island basically, and that’s impossible on Earth even with AI and technology evolving every day to do absurd things.

And I was too most likely in the world Cyjil based on the last messages.

“It’s not that weird to reincarnate or be transported to another-”

My thoughts stopped as I stood up, a little bounce sound coming from me.

“Oh, sweet lord.”

Boobs.

Tits.

A cleavage was there.

“Heavy…” Before freaking out that was the only thing on my mind, how do women endure this daily?

And lord, this voice was so mature sounding, even alluring.

Let’s calm down either way, maybe my precious one is still there.

Opening my blue jeans with a tense heart, and looking inside my pink panties, it-

It.

It was there?

No, it wasn’t.

Yes, it is.

No-

“What’s going on in my pants?”

There was a blur there at my genitals that changed between all kinds of forms forever, as if couldn’t decide it yet.

“Let’s not look down there for some time.” That was weird even to me.

I’m now a woman? I would guess the one I made because of my clothing.

At least I’m cute, but I didn’t expect a gender-bender situation for me.

“What about my family and everyone else?”

That was the classic dilemma of wanting to go home or not.

That ball of fire was pretty menacing, so I hope they are okay, I could search for a way to go back to check though pretty sure I died first before being brought here.

I'm going still to put there on the back burner of my mind if something comes up related to it.

[Objective added to Mission List]

[[Mission list:]]

[Daily Missions: 

Use one Attack Card. (Reward 5 Coins.)

Get a new Card. (Reward 5 Coins)]

[[Lifelong Missions:]]

[Reach Grandmasters.

Resolve your Guilt.

Discover everything about the “Ball of Fire”.]

“What guilt, what this system on?” I was pretty confused by the black boxes’ contents appearing in front of me, it was pretty easy to guess that maybe I wasn’t teleported and just sucked inside the game of Cyjil by how gamelike everything is, and in those cases, people call these things, systems, right?

As I wondering it with closed eyes, I felt a brush of air against my back and looked back but nothing was there.

Turned back and it suddenly was there again.

I started to spin in search of it before facepalming myself, I might be a little pathetic as I made my character be.

“It’s my tail.” It was weird to control it, but I brought the blond tail to my front and caressed it.

It was pretty fluffy and it seems I shake it side by side when thinking.

“Now, if it is a game, do I respawn or feel hunger at all?”

I didn’t want to discover the former, better treat it as another world and body change before I gather more information.

“It’s supposed to be a card game… “

I tried many combinations of words from deck to starter but no box appeared.

“Status.”

Also nothing?

“Uhhhh. Profile?”

[[Profile]]

[Name: Beatriz]

[Age: 25]

[Gender: Woman. NB. No.. Woman. ?. Woman-]

Okay, okay, I get it.

That part of the box was bugging out, changing between a lot of things and making my head hurt.

Good my idea about thinking if I was in a card game launcher worked at least.

It seems my name is the username I chose at first, it’s my usual one so I won’t feel weirded out by using it.

Let me continue reading ignoring that part.

[Rank 1]

[Title: None]

[Friends: None.]

[Ease of use: ☆☆☆☆☆]

Hey.

Yo.

Why do I have a fighting game gauge that newbies use to decide a new character?

And why is it 0/5 with all stars greyed out?

“My grievances aside, there were no mentions of decks either. Maybe Shop?”

I regretted it as hundreds of boxes appeared, enough to cover up my whole vision and maybe the sky.

I couldn’t read them all, so I just closed my eyes and the tab too.

“That was scary…” A little traumatized by the Shop now.

It was good to confirm that everything there was bought using the coins I can get with the daily missions in the small moments I had my eyes open.

“What were the other things that card games had? Options.”

Nothing.

“Configurations. Battle Pass. Home. Crew. Guild. Journal.”

No matter what, none appeared, even though it should if you think about it rationally, are they locked?

“I don’t know. Leader?”

[[Leader]]

[Class: Summoner]

[Skills: Redraw.]

That’s it?

I'm disappointed.

I tried to check everything there which just had basic descriptions you see everywhere about summoners, and Redraw which lets me just redraw my cards one time for battle.

I also discovered something interesting hidden in the corner.

[Locked Content x3:

Hints: Card Maker. Blue. Nyaa.]

It was just those words, but I might unlock skills if I do something related to those words?

“...”

Looking to the sides.

“...Am I?”

There was only a bird atop what looked like a blue tree nearby, it had tree eyes but besides that, it was just minding its business.

“Time to go for it. This is me now.”

Taking a deep breath, preparing the pose I saw many times online where the girl leaned down and my heart.

“...Nyaa~”

There was a deep silence across the mountains as if to make me even more conscious of myself.

“I want to die.”

[New Skill Unlocked!]

[Cat Girl Install (Rank 1): By either meowing or going nyaa you can enter your Install state for a brief time. When in it you will look way more like an Opoem and will inherit some of their abilities based on your Skill Rank.]

[Rank 1: Your cat ears will grow in Install and your primal instincts will be more apparent, allowing you to understand animals and have an enhanced body as long you meow or nyaa from time to time.]

I clutched my head in pain as my senses grew so much, I could feel triangular ears sprouting from the top of my head, allowing me to hear that far on my front there were animals being attacked and fleeing from a goop-like being, vibrations caused by a lifeform big as the charcoal black mountain at my left hit me deep inside of me and even worse, I could hear now what that bluebird was thinking of me.

“The youth. So pitiful but understandable, I should leave her alone to her kinks.” The voice was so aged that I couldn’t grasp if was a male or female bird but I still felt compelled to excuse myself as if I was talking to my grandma who caught me masturbating.

“IT’S NOT LIKE THAT, BELIEVE ME. THIS ISN’T A KINK… meow.”

I did it again!

By instinct too, does this form make me want to say it without me noticing it?

“Wait, you can hear me?” The bird flew from the tree to my side, making me wince at the sound of the wings flapping.

I need to learn to tone down this sensitivity, it is so overwhelming that I couldn’t even comment again on having now a fighting game ability despite this being supposed to be a card game world.

“Yes, Sir… Ma’am… bird.”

“Are you an Opoem? I thought they were extinct or living in reclusion. That’s quite a surprise.”

“What are those Opoems?” I was getting the hang of it, my senses now focusing on the bird instead of everything else happening. “Nyaa.” I also need to stop with these sudden ones too.

“Mortals that got too close to nature and their lifeforms, usually looking like other usual mortals you see walking around but with animal tails, ears, and whiskers. My taker told me they were quite kind to us, so animals naturally have a good impression of them. A shame other mortals didn’t think like that, I heard a birb, birr, bi, bi. pi pi.”

Oh the Install wore off when I reached the most important part of the lore dump.

“...Nyaa.”

And nothing happened, I guess the Install is in cooldown.

“I can’t understand you anymore, I hope you have a good day. See you around.” I tried to wave it off to go in the direction of the noises I heard since the cooldown was probably long but fell face-first on the mud nearby.

I swear I could feel the bird shake its head from behind me in exasperation before flying away.

Sighing while cleaning my mouth, I had come to one conclusion.

“I might be a girlfailure.”

7