4. Children tend to forget about their studies
221 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devil Fruits...

One of the core mysteries of this world.

They say that the Devil Fruit was enchanted by sea devils. Whoever eats it gets amazing powers, but the seas turn against them...

There are 3 types of devil fruits out there.

Mainly,

  • Paramecia

  • Logia

  • Zoan

'Paramecia' fruits grant any power other than the ability to transform.

'Logia' fruits grant the ability to transform one's body into an element of nature at will, as well as create and control vast amounts of it.

'Zoan' fruits grant the ability to transform into a certain animal species.

And, my 'Human-Human Fruit, Model: Shadow Monarch' seems to be the 3rd kind. More specifically, it's a Mythical Zoan-type devil fruit.

'Well... humans can be categorized as animals.'

......

At first, I could only control some small leaves, while using, the 'Ruler's Authority' skill. But, gradually I got better at it. Now, I can even lift boulders with it.

'....'

'Maybe some small rocks, not boulders.'

'What... I can't even brag a little?'

'Hmph...'

'Sooner or later I will be able to move mountains with it.'

'....'

'You! ...'

'Just you wait! I will show it to you.'

......

While practicing, I suddenly seemed to recall something.

'Hold on... These are just active abilities.'

'Just like how Luffy is made out of rubber, and can passively do anything a rubber can do with his body, I should be able to do the same using shadows.'

'Because...'

'I'm...'

'Shadow Monarch.'

'....'

Without any delay, I closed my eyes and started to feel the shadow powers within me. And, I could feel it. 

The shadows within me...

The shadows all around me...

How should I put it?

'I feel like...'

'Shadows were always a part of me and I was always a part of them.'

'I was born to be a shadow.'

'I was always a shadow.'

Basking in that familiar yet unfamiliar feeling, I started to feel everything around me. From something as big as the 'Tree of Knowledge' to something as small as an insect.

No...

I don't feel the objects themselves, I feel their shadows.

'Looks like I found an alternative to 'Observation Haki'. What should I call it then?'

'Yeah...'

'Shadow Sense.'

Memorizing how every shadow looked and felt, I started to manipulate the shadow powers within me.

After some time, I was successful in creating what looks like a stone made purely out of shadow.

As I'm relatively new to this, I can't create something as complex as a sword or a gun. Although, it should be a passive ability of mine.

'Nevertheless, I should give it a name.'

'It should be called Shadow Manifestation.'

'I'm pretty good at this naming stuff... If I say so myself.'

......

When you try to focus on something, time seems to be always against you.

I don't know when, but by the time I finished practicing, the sun seemed to be already setting.

'It seems, I missed my lunch.'

But, realizing that lunch should be the least of my priorities, I hurriedly left my 'secret' place and quickly left for home.

After sometime...

I arrived in front of my house and tried to silently sneak in. But, I was caught red-handed by my mother.

Then, for half an hour, she lectured me about time management in our daily life. And, how skipping meals is bad for my growing body.

'No matter what world it is, mothers tend to worry for their children, unnecessarily. I may be able to understand her when I have a child of my own. Who knows...'

After apologizing to her over and over, and promising to never do such things again, I somehow managed to free myself.

Wasting no time, I quickly went to the washroom to take a shower....

After my long training, my body was brimming with sweat. So, after taking the shower, I felt very refreshed.

Because I skipped my lunch, we had our dinner early, today.

But after today's intense training, I was monstrously hungry. So, I ate as much as Luffy would have eaten.

'Sorry, I might have gone overboard with my comment. Luffy can eat as much as a 'Sea King'. I can't even hold a candle to him in this aspect.'

He should be, 'King of the Eaters', not 'King of the Pirates'.

Talking about this and that, we finished our dinner and went to bed. Because I was very exhausted by today's training, I immediately fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

.....

Next morning...

I woke up like the previous morning, had my breakfast, dropped Robin to the O'Hara library, and went to my secret place, where I trained my physical body for 2 hours. Mainly, running and tree climbing to increase my stamina. I also took some rest in between, because, I wasn't used to this kind of long physical exercise.

After that, I practiced three abilities. Namely, 'Shadow Sense', 'Shadow Manifestation', and 'Ruler's Authority' till lunchtime.

On my way, I picked up Robin and went home.

After lunch, I rested a little and started to hone my skills in the previous spot.

Just like that, a week has passed...

In that week, I mostly followed the same routine every day. While, sometimes I played with Robin. Sometimes annoyed the 'Old Man'. Sometimes just wandered around the island aimlessly.

But today it's a bit different...

My mom, Nico Olvia is going on another journey in search of Poneglyphs. It seems, she paused her journey in the middle, when she learned about the gradual decline of my health.

'It looks like the previous Ash didn't die overnight.'

Me and Robin along with Professor Clover drop her by the dock.

While returning she looked at me and smiled warmly, then said.

"Looks like you are perfectly healthy now. So from tomorrow onwards, you will restart your lesson with Professor Clover."

Hearing her words, I was dumbfounded and thought.

'Was I on vacation all that time? But, I don't have any memory of it. Well, children tend to forget about their studies. And it seems, even genius archaeologist Ash wasn't immune to it.'

(To be Continued)

Quiz Time:

Who's the role model of Ash (MC)?

Mention the name of the character, along with the name of novel/ manga/ anime.

Happy Reading.

5