6. Accidental Discovery
256 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost a year has passed since my transmigration into this world.

Within this time period, other than building my shadow army, I tested the extent of my shadow abilities. Although, I know the abilities of my devil fruit courtesy of the 'Solo Leveling', it doesn't mean I can use them.

And, the results were...

My shadow soldiers can hide in the shadow of others, be it animate or inanimate objects. As I can share senses with them, you can say, there is nothing that escapes my eyes.

That's why I was able to pick up small movements here and there. Movements of Cipher Pol.

'They are pretty nasty. If I didn't see it through my shadows, I wouldn't have believed that some of those archaeologists who pamper me using every chance they can get are spies.'

Using them as Guinea pigs, I tested out the limits of my reconnaissance skills.

Even the sharpest of them can only feel a slight uncomfortable feeling when I directly observe them through my shadows.

'I presume that they are the ones who can use 'Observation Haki'. Maybe... If I can hide my intent more perfectly, even an advanced 'Observation Haki' user won't feel a thing.'

So, I started to improve myself through practice. But, to be perfectly remain in the safe zone, I rarely observe them directly. Because I discovered that my shadows can share their memories with me.

'As it seems, shadows can't be detected in their intangible form even with 'Observation Haki', it is the safest bet for me.'

While we are on the topic of my shadows, let me explain some of their characteristics a bit.

Shadows have the same set of abilities, the same personality, and exactly the same memories as their original. They possess incredible regenerative capabilities and cannot be killed by normal means, as they can completely regenerate even if their bodies are torn to shreds. Even though they can turn from intangible to tangible, and vice versa, they don't have a true physical body. So, they can experience growth like any other creatures out there, except physical growth. As I mentioned before, they are able to hide within the shadows of others. As they have free will, they are able to freely move, strategize, and fight without my command.

And, last but not least, they can communicate with me and with each other through telepathy from anywhere in the world.

'How did I confirm it?'

Well, outside the obvious move of hiding at least one of my 'Shadows' inside the shadows of Mom, Robin, and Professor Clover, I spread almost all of my other shadows throughout the world with the help of the people who left the island for several reasons.

But...

Above all else, they are absolutely loyal to me and prioritize my command over anything else.

....

Throughout the year, Mom returned to O'Hara two times to share her findings with other archaeologists. Each time she didn't stay for long.

As for Professor Clover, that strict old man thoroughly beat some knowledge into me.

"How can this dirty old man insult me in front of my little sister?"

'Look at Robin. Why can't you be as diligent as her?'

'Why can't you be as well-mannered as her?'

'Look at yourself, you are almost 6 years old, and a 4-year-old is already catching up to you.'

'Do you have any shame?'

Recalling what Professor Clover said, I angrily punched the snake in front of me. As I used some of my shadow powers while throwing that punch, it became so strong that the snake flew through the air and dropped into the ocean.

Immediately, I regretted my action cause the snake was one of my shadows, and I was just training with it.

Yeah, sometimes I train by the beach on the other side of the island.

That's not what important now.

I quickly ran toward the ocean, stopped just in front of the water, and yelled while almost crying.

"I'm sorry Jörmungandr. I failed you as your master."

But what happened next made me widen my eyes, and slightly embarrassed at the same time. 

Embarrassed cause Jörmungandr seems to have heard my word.

And, surprised cause the sea seems to have no effect on my shadows.

'Master! I'm truly honored by your care.' said Jörmungandr telepathically.

From that day onward, Jörmungandr seems to have become more loyal than before.

....

'Why the hell did I yell like that earlier? Now, my indomitable shadow lord act has all gone down to drain. How can I show my face in front of them after that?'

'But...'

'Why didn't I test it out before?'

'Why did I presume cause I'm affected by the sea, my shadows will be the same?'

'Just like how Aokiji can freeze the ocean and the Ice doesn't lose its effect when in contact with the seawater, my shadows are also immune to it.'

'So the seawater doesn't cancel out the abilities, it just makes the devil fruit user vulnerable to it.'

'It opened up so many new possibilities.'

For starters, I can now create shadow soldiers out of sea creatures like Sea Kings.

'It will make my battle against the Navy much more easier.'

'As my shadows don't need to breathe, even my regular shadows can attack from the sea.'

Without further ado, I made my preparations and started to hunt down some sea creatures. Namely, Sharks, Octopuses, Giant Crabs, Giant Jellyfishes etc.

Because of the newfound excitement, I increased my training intensity and got used to commanding my new minions and battling deep inside the sea. 

Just like that, a week has passed and today happened to be my birthday.

After a small celebration, my birthday party was concluded.

And...

I became 6 years old.

....

Early in the morning...

'Dry Food! Checked.'

'Water! Checked.'

Today I'm very excited. Because for the first time after I transmigrated into this world, I'm going to see the world outside of this Island. So, I'm packing some rations just in case.

'Oh, I forgot the most important thing. I can't just go out looking like that. If someone sees a 6-year-old child traveling around alone, some people are sure to target him. And, if some CP agent from outside discovers that I'm supposed to be in Ohara, then I will be in a whole lot of trouble.'

Looking in the mirror I started to use my 'Shadow Manifestation' skill, little by little, my appearance started to change.

'Good enough... Now I look like someone you don't want to mess with.'

Yeah... After the mastery of my 'Shadow Manifestation' increased, I can now change my appearance with it by wrapping an armor made out of shadow around me.

'Alright. I'm all set.'

'Shadow Exchange.'

Just like that, I disappeared from my room without a trace.

(To be Continued)

As I was catching up with the latest chapter of some of my favorite mangas and novels, I felt too lazy to write yesterday. Hope you understand as a fellow reader.

Happy Reading.

4