Chapter 15 – Latia Aurora
35 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Aether God: Chapter 15 - Latia Aurora

O Youth! Be not disfigured, be not changed!

O You! Take up thy shield for it, be not deranged!

Caladrius School South District: Residence Hall 5, Dorm 31

“Just so you know, you can let go at any time.”

Cerulean was standing in his dorm room, by this point, he had already sighed multiple times, and was growing bored. Latched onto his torso was Latia Aurora. Her face was buried into his chest.

“Just so you know, you can let go at any time.”

When they first returned, she wouldn’t let go because she was crying. Now though, she had long finished doing so, and was just being silly. In a way, Cerulean was now the only person in her entire life that she actually trusted. Cerulean was staring forward with a blank expression. Though he was in the body of a child, he had received thousands of years of memories. At this point, his sensibility was that of an old man. As such, he did not want Latia to get the impression that she ought to develop feelings for him.

“Just so you know, you can le-”

He was interrupted by a knock on the door. Hearing this, Latia let go and immediately ran to his bed, hiding under the covers. He could feel the auras of those at the door though.

“Don’t worry. They’re cool.” He spoke before walking to the door. As he opened it, he was met with three of the most devious half-grins.

“Wouuuld you guys like tooo… come back later?”

Cerulean tried to suppress an embarrassed smile, but their half-grins did not fade. The three boys each even tilted their heads upward, as if telling him to not waste time with excuses.

“Alright…”

Even though he indirectly admitted causing the earlier events, they just kept grinning. Now they began shaking their heads.

“Come back later!” Cerulean slammed the door in their faces, and soon he felt their auras slowly departing. He sat on the corner of his bed. Latia was holding the blanket over her nose, as if observing him.

“You can come out now…”

She let the blanket down and it fell to her stomach. As it did so, she looked downward. After a few moments, she uttered a couple of words.

“...Thank you…”

“No problem… So… Are you ready to start a new life for now?” Cerulean spoke nonchalantly.

“Why did you save me?” She tilted her head.

“Because… I felt like it and it wasn’t too difficult.” He looked upward.

“Do you know why I was getting married off…?” She almost started to cry.

“Sadly, I do… I’m sorry.” Cerulean understood the situation. It was related to her particular constitution: its virginity. He knew though that if it was lost before the age of twenty - she would die. Furthermore, if anybody took it before that age, they would see a very powerful and immediate increase in their cultivation. Cerulean believed in preserving the sanctity of all youth, and was greatly distressed now by the actions of the legendary sects. Though childhood marriage was common in the Great Valley, Cerulean believed it was most often a harmful practice.

“Thank you…” She spoke once again.

“Just so you know-”

“I’m not letting go…”

As Cerulean looked downward, he noticed that Latia had been grasping onto his sleeve. She was holding it between her thumb and the second knuckle of her pointer finger.

“I’ll have to tell her to not rely on me too much… She seems to have such a good heart, shame on her sect.”

…………………

Time had passed rather quickly, but Cerulean and Latia were still sitting in the same manner. It was later in the evening, and she was acting much more lively now. She was no longer worried about the Aurora Sect or the events that had transpired earlier. They were now chatting about Latia’s past, as an attributeless daughter of a legendary sectmaster.

“Just so-”

“Still not letting go.”

………………

As they continued to talk and the hours passed, their conversation slowly moved towards cultivation. They were now sitting on the ground in front of a blank scroll.

“Ju-”

“Nope.”

 

Copyright © 2024 Ritchie Charles Fiction.

All Rights Reserved.

Patreon: patreon.com/RitchieCharlesFiction

4