Chapter 3 – Demoting him to a servant
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm? Sentencing?"

 

Ye Han looked indifferently at the encircling Ye Family guards.

 

"Ye Han, I heard your cultivation is ruined. Never thought you'd see this day," Ye Ming said mockingly, eyeing Ye Han with smug satisfaction.

 

In an instant, several guards seized Ye Han's arms and led him out of the courtyard at Ye Ming's signal.

 

"Where are you taking me?" Ye Han asked, his expression calm.

 

"Ye Han, the dignitaries of Flame City have arrived, including representatives from Flame Academy. Today marks the emergence of our Ye Family's Pride, witnessed by the entire city, and the end of your bastard hereditary son's charade."

 

Ye Ming's face darkened, "After the Family Head strips you of your hereditary son status, you'll stay by my side like a dog."

 

"Right, your crippled teacher will be there too. Both teacher and student, a pair of wastes. Speaking of your teacher, though crippled, she has an enticing figure and beauty unmatched in Flame City. If I ever get the chance to have her beneath me, imagining her sweet submission..." Ye Ming's face dripped with lust.

 

"Courting death!"

 

Ye Han suddenly stopped, his power surging through the surroundings, his fierce energy blast knocking the guards to the ground.

 

"You... how can you?"

 

Ye Ming's face paled as a terrifying fist loomed into view.

 

Boom!

 

The punch exploded!

 

With a crack, Ye Ming was sent flying five meters away, his chest bones shattered, his body convulsing and moaning, unable to rise again.

 

Ye Ming, merely a fifth-level Gathering Core Martial Artist, couldn't even enter Flame Academy due to his age. Surviving this punch meant he'd be crippled for life.

 

"Insult my teacher, seek death?"

 

Ye Han glanced at the body and turned to the remaining Ye Family guards, "Where are they gathered?"

 

"The... the square, the Family Square!" The group blurted out in panic, extreme fear in their eyes.

 

Ignoring the guards, Ye Han headed straight for the Ye Family Square, his aura chilling.

 

A day apart felt like years; he was no longer the Ye Han of yesterday.

 

The saying 'a gentleman's revenge is not too late even after ten years' is nonsense. Ye Zhixuan, you will die today.

 

He had planned to return to the Academy to prepare for dealing with the Ye Family, but it seemed some matters couldn't wait.

 

Hearing Ye Ming mention the arrival of various so-called dignitaries and his teacher, Ye Han had no more reservations and could no longer contain himself.

 

Ye Family Square.

 

Many figures had already taken their seats, with excited and expectant Ye Family members and guards surrounding the square.

 

Family Head Ye Yangfu led the group, with Ye Zhixuan by his side, accompanied by a white-robed man with sword-like eyebrows and starry eyes, about twenty years old.

 

This man's presence was extraordinary, someone Ye Han had never seen before.

 

Additionally, there was Li Xuan, the steward of the Lord's Manor, the heads of the Zhao, Wang, and Zhu Families, and several teachers from Flame Academy.

 

Almost all of Flame City's dignitaries were present.

 

"Even the Lord's Manor's people are here? Good..."

 

Ye Han sneered inwardly, his gaze sweeping over Ye Zhixuan and her father before he walked directly towards a spot in the crowd.

 

Seeing Ye Han arrive alone and composed, Ye Yangfu frowned slightly but relaxed again after glancing at his daughter.

 

"Teacher!"

 

Ye Han approached a delicate-looking woman in her twenties, sitting in a wheelchair.

 

"Ye Han, you... you're alright."

 

The woman's previously furrowed brows relaxed at the sight of Ye Han, her voice soft.

 

Ye Han smiled brightly, "Teacher, you should have stayed and rested at the Academy. Why come to the Ye Family?"

 

"They said you encountered danger in the Cold Abyss Mining Area, were invaded by demonic forces, your Qi Sea shattered, and became a cripple," the woman spoke softly, "I also heard of Ye Zhixuan awakening the Heavenly Dragon Battle Physique and had to see for myself."

 

Glancing at Ye Zhixuan and her father in the distance, Ye Han sneered, "Thanks to the Ye Family's father and daughter, I'm fine, teacher. Don't worry."

 

As the two conversed, Ye Yangfu stepped forward, addressing the crowd, "Today, I have three announcements to make in front of all."

 

"The first, as you may know, is the awakening of my Ye Family's Pride, Ye Zhixuan, with the Heavenly Dragon Battle Physique. This is a boon for the Ye Family, and we shall celebrate with a three-day feast in Flame City starting today."

 

Ye Zhixuan stepped forward, her right arm extended, and a striking halo immediately appeared, enveloping her.

 

Her gaze swept around, cold and confident.

 

Her eyes briefly dismissed Ye Han before nodding to the crowd. Having just awakened her battle physique, she already possessed the air of a superior.

 

After today, Flame City would only remember the rising genius Ye Zhixuan, not a bastard hereditary son like Ye Han picked up by the Ye Family.

 

The seated dignitaries looked uncomfortable, especially the heads of the major families, who would likely be overshadowed by the Ye Family in the future.

 

"A three-day feast in Flame City? Seems it wasn't reported to the Lord's Manor. Without the City Lord's permission, according to Flame City's rules..." Li Xuan, the steward of the Lord's Manor, also had a frosty expression. The Ye Family's joy wasn't necessarily Flame City's joy.

 

Ye Yangfu's feast for three days? Did he consider the Ye Family the ruler of Flame City? Did he even regard the Lord's Manor?

 

"Hmph, the Lord's Manor?"

 

Ye Yangfu glanced at Li Xuan, "The feast is a private matter of the Ye Family. Is the Lord's Manor overstepping its bounds?"

 

"You..."

 

Li Xuan stood up abruptly, but upon seeing Ye Zhixuan nearby, he forcibly contained his emotions.

 

"The second matter is that, thanks to Cycle Academy's favor, Zhi Xuan will join them today as an ordinary disciple," Ye Yangfu announced proudly, his voice booming.

 

Everyone was shaken, their envy, jealousy, and wariness undisguised.

 

Li Xuan was shocked, his heart pounding. Ye Zhixuan had just been reported to have awakened the Heavenly Dragon Battle Physique yesterday, and now she was joining Cycle Academy?

 

Cycle Academy was a top-tier power in the Primordial Void Domain, a colossal presence. Flame Academy in Flame City was just one of its many branches, with at least hundreds more like it.

 

No wonder Ye Yangfu was so assertive, daring to flout the rules and challenge the Lord's Manor.

 

It was a joke. With Ye Zhixuan's new status, who would dare touch a hair on the Ye Family?

 

The Primordial Void Domain had been in disorder for nearly a thousand years, with cities declaring their own kings. The Lord's Manor had risen to control Flame City.

 

If the Ye Family grew too powerful to be contained... it was unthinkable.

 

"As for the third matter, let everyone witness. The hereditary son Ye Han has committed heinous acts, lusted after Zhi Xuan's purity, defied family laws, and disrespected his elders... Our Ye Family is shamed by this, and today we strip him of his hereditary son status, demoting him to a servant," Ye Yangfu's voice thundered.

 

Stripped of his hereditary son status, demoted to a servant?

 

The people of Flame City had complex expressions. Ye Yangfu had no sons, and over ten years ago, Ye Han, who was picked up by the Ye Family and showed martial talent, was taken in by Ye Yangfu as a foster son and treated as the future Family Head.

 

Who could have imagined such a reversal overnight? The hereditary son was to be discarded? It made sense, after all, Ye Han was an outsider, and with Ye Zhixuan's rise, her future boundless, why would the Ye Family need to place their future in an outsider?

 

Especially since Ye Han was rumored to have been crippled in the Cold Abyss Mining Area.

 

"Old Dog Ye, shut your mouth!"

 

A harsh voice suddenly filled the air.

0