Chapter 9 – Painful Mo Qingrou
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flame Academy, Central Grand Hall!

"Envoy Li, can't we make an exception in this matter?"

"To be in the Divine Power Realm is already enough to teach at the Flame Academy."

Ye Han approached the hall and immediately heard the helpless voice of the Academy's headmaster, Su Xiaocang, echoing from within.

"An exception? Su Xiaocang, what do you take the rules of the Cycle Academy for?"

A young and harsh voice responded: "If no one steps into the Divine Power Realm, then I might as well return and not waste any more time."

At that moment, Ye Han heard his teacher's voice: "Li Kai, I'm well aware of the Cycle Academy's rules. They certainly don't include such stipulations. You're merely an ordinary disciple in charge of this matter, yet you dare to make your own rules."

"Mo Qingrou!"

The young voice was immediately laced with scorn: "You look down on my status as an ordinary disciple? You're just a failure who was ousted nine years ago, and you dare to speak of the Cycle Academy's rules?"

Outside the hall, Ye Han clenched his fists and stepped inside.

He was taken aback to see a young man, about twenty-three or twenty-four, seated at the highest place in the hall, even the headmaster Su Xiaocang had to sit to the side.

The young man was arrogant and unrestrained, speaking without fear: "As for the Academy's rules, senior brother Feng's word is law, senior sister Yin's word is law. If you're dissatisfied, go complain to the Cycle Academy and see what waves you can stir."

The entire hall fell silent, everyone looking up at Li Kai, with even the headmaster hesitant to speak further.

There must be a reason for this situation, as there is no smoke without fire!

Su Xiaocang knew Mo Qingrou's identity, and the restriction that only those in the Divine Power Realm could go to the Cycle Academy was clearly meant to trouble Mo Qingrou and her disciple.

Even though Su Xiaocang was the headmaster of this branch of the Flame Academy, he couldn't change the situation.

He had to tread carefully around Li Kai, or it might affect whether the Flame Academy's disciples could enter the Cycle Academy each year.

"Moreover, I've heard that your disciple Ye Han has been causing trouble in the Ye Family. The matter has reached the Cycle Academy."

"Senior sister Ye Zhixuan is quite displeased and has reported the matter to senior brother Feng. To be frank, Ye Han can forget about setting foot in the Cycle Academy for the rest of his life. This rigid requirement of the Divine Power Realm was set by senior brother Feng himself," Li Kai's voice rose sharply.

"Ye Zhixuan has just entered the Cycle Academy, and you call her senior sister?" Mo Qingrou glanced at Li Kai.

Li Kai snorted coldly: "What's wrong with calling her senior sister? Although Ye Zhixuan has just joined, she has already become an Inner Disciple under senior brother Feng's direct appointment."

"Ye Zhixuan promoted to Inner Disciple directly? Could it be...?" Mo Qingrou finally showed concern.

"That's right!"

Li Kai boasted proudly: "Two years ago, senior brother Feng had already become the first 'Son of Reincarnation.'"

Then Li Kai's tone shifted: "However, Mo Qingrou, nothing is set in stone. If your disciple wishes to join the Cycle Academy, there might still be a chance."

"No need!"

"That Cycle Academy, I, Ye Han, am fine without it!"

The one who spoke was Ye Han, and in an instant, many eyes shifted to him, and the people in the hall noticed Ye Han, who had entered unnoticed.

Glancing at Li Kai above, Ye Han moved to Mo Qingrou's side: "Teacher, there are countless paths in this world, all leading to ascension. I don't necessarily have to join the Cycle Academy."

Times change, and so had Ye Han's state of mind!

If the Cycle Academy was filled with such arrogant and condescending disciples, it was easy to infer the character of those at the higher levels.

"Is this your disciple?" Li Kai's voice came from above.

His gaze looked down, filled with disdain, as if an emperor was scrutinizing a lowly subject.

"Gathering Core ninth layer? That's decent for a place like Flame City, but surely you don't want to see Ye Han remain mediocre here?"

"To be honest, my visit is on behalf of senior sister Yin's wishes. Mo Qingrou, if you can hand over that half of the Nine Yang Fire Jade and personally return to the Academy to assist senior sister Yin in refining it, then she might plead with senior brother Feng to allow your disciple to join the Cycle Academy," Li Kai said, his eyes fixed on Mo Qingrou.

"Teacher, don't agree to him!"

Ye Han immediately shook his head. Although he didn't understand all of what Li Kai said, he could grasp the literal meaning, and he wouldn't allow his teacher to suffer for his sake.

Mo Qingrou fell silent, pausing for thirty breaths before looking at Li Kai: "How can we ensure this?"

Atop the hall, Li Kai's eyes brightened, and he rose to his feet, a crystal-clear token appearing in his hand: "You hand over the Nine Yang Fire Jade, and in exchange, you get the disciple token!"

He was clearly prepared for this!

"Agreed!"

Mo Qingrou looked at the jade token, her lips parting slightly.

Suddenly, a pained expression crossed her face, and in the next moment, with a flip of her hand, a fiery red jade pendant appeared.

With a tremble, Mo Qingrou spat out a mouthful of blood, her complexion turning pale and her vitality waning.

"Teacher, what's wrong?"

Ye Han quickly supported her, urgent and at a loss.

Although his teacher had been crippled in the legs for years, she still had vital energy and wasn't as weak as an ordinary person. This was the first time such a situation had occurred.

"I'm fine, Ye Han. Give him the Nine Yang Fire Jade," Mo Qingrou said.

"No, teacher, take it back quickly," Ye Han's voice trembled.

What had he done to deserve his teacher's suffering?

She owed him nothing!

Mo Qingrou looked at Ye Han firmly: "I'm fine, Ye Han. If you still recognize me, Mo Qingrou, as your teacher, then exchange that token."

"I...!"

Looking at his teacher's pained and pale face, Ye Han clenched his fists unwillingly.

"Go quickly!"

Mo Qingrou urged.

"Alright, I'll go!"

Ye Han's voice was heavy, with a seriousness he had never felt before.

Holding the Nine Yang Fire Jade, he walked up to Li Kai and exchanged it for the token under the other's mocking gaze.

"That's more like it. A wise man submits to circumstances. Making such a choice, senior sister Yin will surely be pleased to hear of it."

Li Kai carefully stored the Nine Yang Fire Jade and then said: "That settles it. I'm in a hurry to report back to senior sister Yin, so I'll be on my way today, alright?"

Having achieved his goal, Li Kai's mood was much improved, and he continued: "Mo Qingrou, I'll give you some time to rest. We'll set off in two hours. Oh, and headmaster Su, it shouldn't be a problem to prepare two carriages, right? We can't have anything happen to Mo Qingrou before she meets senior sister Yin."

"Of course!"

Headmaster Su sighed inwardly and nodded.

"Teacher, let's go back and rest!"

Ye Han stared hard at Li Kai for a long while, then turned to leave the hall with Mo Qingrou.

"Teacher, you didn't have to do this!" Ye Han's voice was gentle as they left the hall, but his face was ice cold.

"Ye Han, your teacher is already gravely injured; it's alright. Even if you wanted to join other major powers, it would be just as difficult, but at least at the Cycle Academy, I can still help you," Mo Qingrou comforted softly, understanding Ye Han's feelings.

0