CH 2
45 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

In the year 2018, it happened. Without warning, the gates appeared, towering monoliths of shimmering energy, scattered across the globe like scars on the skin of the Earth. Initially, they were merely curiosities, inspiring awe and speculation. But soon, they revealed their true nature, unleashing horrors beyond comprehension upon the world.

From within the depths of these enigmatic gates emerged creatures of nightmare, towering behemoths with jaws that dripped with the promise of destruction. Cities crumbled, civilizations trembled, and humanity found itself teetering on the brink of annihilation. It was a time of chaos, a time when the very fabric of reality seemed to unravel before the eyes of mortals.

Governments mobilized their armies, deploying tanks, fighter jets, and the most advanced weapons known to man in a desperate bid to contain the threat. But it was all in vain. Bullets bounced harmlessly off the thick hides of the creatures, missiles exploded harmlessly in the air, and even the awesome power of nuclear weapons proved incapable of stemming the tide of destruction.

Amid the chaos, whispers spread of people experiencing strange phenomena. Some reported visions of swirling energy, while others spoke of a tingling sensation coursing through their bodies. At first, these accounts were dismissed as the ramblings of the traumatized, but as more and more people came forward with similar stories, a sense of unease began to settle over humanity.

Fear and uncertainty gripped the hearts of those who found themselves touched by this mysterious force. They grappled with questions of what it meant, why it was happening, and what it would ultimately entail for their futures. Some feared they were being cursed, while others worried that they were losing their minds. The unknown nature of these abilities only served to fuel the growing sense of dread that permeated society.

But as the crisis deepened and the world teetered on the brink of annihilation, a remarkable transformation began to take place. Those who had once been afraid of their newfound powers began to embrace them, recognizing them as a potential means of survival in a world gone mad. They discovered that they could manipulate the elements, summoning fire and lightning with a mere thought, or imbue themselves with incredible strength and speed.

Slowly but surely, the concept of mana awakening took hold, a term used to describe the process by which individuals gained access to their latent supernatural abilities. People embarked on a journey of self-discovery, learning to harness and control their inner power through trial and error.

And as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, humanity began to adapt to their newfound reality. They formed communities of like-minded individuals, pooling their resources and knowledge to better understand and utilize their abilities. No longer were they victims of circumstance, but rather, they had become warriors, defenders of humanity against the forces of darkness that threatened to consume them all.

 

As hunters ventured into the gates scattered across the globe, they entered a realm filled with unimaginable secrets and dangers. The air crackled with an otherworldly energy, and the landscape shifted with every step, revealing diverse environments that challenged the very essence of survival.

In the depths of the gate, they discovered subterranean caverns and winding tunnels that stretched on for miles, their walls adorned with strange and alien markings. They waded through murky swamps where noxious gases hung heavy in the air, and trekked across icy tundras where the cold gnawed at their bones with every step.

But it was not just the environments that posed a threat to the Hunters—it was the creatures that lurked within.

Inside the gate,

James
(Chanting softly)
"Ignis"

James held the sword firmly in his right hand. With a fluid motion, his fingers glided along the length of the sword, from the hilt to the tip. As his fingers pass over the blade, a trail of flames ignited in their wake, following the path of his touch.

(Dashed)

He flew like a flame and dozen goblins met their fiery demise at the edge of his sword.

 

Kyle
(Roared)
"Hooah!"

 

(Thrusted)

With a swift motion, Kyle lunged forward with his spear. The goblins, caught off guard by his sudden attack, stumbled back with startled cries. As the tip of Kyle's spear found its mark, piercing through their defenses, the goblins recoiled in pain, their shrieks echoing through the air.

 

Marcus
(Chuckled)
"Haha it must be nice to be young, I'll also show them soon enough."

 

Marcus
(Chanted)
"Burn!"

 

Goblins
(Cried)
"Grrraaaghhh!"

 

As Marcus's spell took hold, the air crackled with searing energy, engulfing the goblins in a blaze of intense heat. Their cries turned from anger to agony as they writhed in the inferno, their forms consumed by the flames until only ash remained.

 

Everyone else was taking it easy, except for one.

 

John
(glanced at Rei)
"Hey, what are you doing? Finish them quickly."

 

He sat atop the mound of goblin corpses, blood flowing from his large axe.

 

A Goblin
( leaped, swinging its club )
"Grrrrrrrrrr..."

 

Rei
( dodged the attack)
"Shut up, muscle-head."

 

John
(yelled)
"Who are you calling muscle-head, you brat?"

 

Rei
(Exhaled)
"Hmmm"

 

The sudden change in the air alarmed the goblin. Like a predator stalking its prey, the goblin approached Rei slowly, inch by inch. Sensing the moment was right, the goblin charged at Rei with its club.

 

Rei, who had been watching the goblin's movements intently, saw an opening and aimed for its throat. But the situation quickly turned against her. The opening she had spotted required swift action, but she was too slow. As her sword finally made contact with the goblin, she felt the full force of its club. The impact was so immense that an ordinary person would surely have been obliterated. Rei was thrown backward, crashing into the wall with a violent force, blood spouting from her mouth.

 

Goblin
(roared)
"Graaaaaaah!"

 

John
(Sighed)
"Ugh..., do you need help, brat?"

 

Rei
(struggled to her feet, using the wall for support as she wiped the blood from her mouth with trembling hands.)
.......

 

Rei gripped her sword tightly and charged at the goblin once more. This time, the goblin was caught off guard by Rei's sudden charge, but it quickly regained its composure and raised its club in defense.

 

CLANG!
Sword clashed with the goblin's club as they collided.

 

Rei
(Gritted her teeth)
"Tch"

 

Once more, Rei swung her sword at the goblin, but the blade met the goblin's club with a loud clang, and her sword was knocked away.

 

Goblin
(Guffaw)
"kekekee"

 

The goblin swung its club, but Rei quickly dropped to the ground, dodging the attack. Seizing the opportunity, she launched herself at the goblin, catching it off balance and causing it to stumble. With the goblin now prone beneath her, Rei revealed her small sword and began to repeatedly stab at the creature.

 

Rei collapsed to the ground, her body trembling with exhaustion and relief as she confirmed the goblin's death. She sighed.

 

She struggled to catch her breath, the trickle of blood from her forehead adding to the grim scene. Her eyes blazed with exertion, her face contorted in exhaustion.

 

The one-sided battle between humans and goblins soon drew to a close, with the humans emerging victorious.

 

John
(Snorted)
"You really are so weak."

Rei
....

 

Cilica
(having finished her healing on others, approached Rei with a sigh)
" See, I told you not to push yourself so hard."

 

Cilica
(scolded John as she tended to Rei's wounds)
"Why didn't you lend a hand?"

 

John
(laughed)
"haha"

 

Rei
(proudly)
"Why would I need that muscle head's help? I, Rei, can handle a mere goblin on my own. I was just playing around."

 

John
(chuckled to Cilica)
"See, she said she was just playing."

 

Cilica
(sighed and ceased her healing)
...

 

Rei
(startled)
"I am not completely healed yet"

 

Cilica
(ingnored and walked away)
"Heal yourself for once."

 

Rei
(Begged)
"Nooooo."

 

Cilica walked away, leaving Rei to heal herself.

 

John laughed.

 

Rei
(Resolved)
"It can't be help then I shall use my supreme healing power."

 

Rei
(hollowed)
"Heal"

 

Rei's attempts to mend the remaining smaller wounds were less effective, her healing touch gentler and slower.

For larger injuries like broken ribs or flowing wounds, Cilica's healing touch had already worked its magic.

 

Rei
(knelt down, her world crumbling around her, tears streaming down her face)
"NOOOO, my mana, my mana, slipping away..."

 

Rei
(Covered her face )
"At this rate, I won't be able to use my ultimate darkness power. NOOO... ahh... stop, you brute, you muscle head."

 

John seized her by the head and lifted her into the air.
(shouted)
"You brat, quit your yapping. What ultimate power? All you've got is that pathetic self-heal. It's nothing but bullshit."

 

Rei
(Cried)
"Give up.. give up..Just stop!"

 

Tomi, who had been occupied as the tank at the front, now approached Rei and John with ease, the battle having come to an end.
(Smiled)
"Now, now, you two, enough. We're heading to the boss room."

 

John
(Bluntly)
"Already?"

 

Rei
(Excited and walked away)
"Haha, I'll show you who's the boss. Let's go."

 

John
(shouted)
"Stop, you brat."

 

Rei
(annoyed)
"What?"

 

John
(pointed at the large bag)
"Don't forget that."

 

Rei
(coughed and turning her face away)
"ah"

 

Tomi
(Kindly)
"Rei, you won't be participating in the boss battle. You'll stay behind, okay?"

 

Rei
(Depressed)
"Why? I was planning to show my true power.

 

John
(Snorted)
"True power? What nonsense. Just stay behind and behave like a proper porter."

 

Rei
(proudly shouted)
"I am greatest hunter."

 

Tomi
(smiled at Rei and John)

 

The group of 10 hunters and one porter at the grand large door.

 

Cilica
(to Rei)
"Be careful, little Rei. Just stay behind."

 

Rei
(nodded)

 

James opened the door.

 

 

3