The Immortal Starkiller
188 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many call me heartless.

I feel that's rather naive of them. No one is more excused for the crimes they've committed. Nobody would be able to retain their empathy after what I went through. A hundred people merged into one. Living far, far longer than any human should. Having committed just the few genocides is already a rather impressive result in my opinion. 

As heartless as I may be, when facing what I hope to be my death, I can't help but feel sentimental. I'm not a bad person and if I'm going to be remembered as one I at least want my story heard. I want people to understand the choices I made. The ones that saved this galaxy. Maybe to the average person I seem more evil than the Null Order but that only means I succeeded. If a girl who blew up a few stars is considered a greater scourge than those intergalactic strip miners then every death I caused was worth it.

That is why I hope you read this story. The story of a girl named Chel. Savior of the galaxy who betrayed the united fleets. Heaven Burner. World Crusher. Death Cheater. This is the story of the woman known as the Immortal Starkiller.

The truth is, the Immortal Starkiller isn't of this world. Only the mortal part of me is. Only Chel Lokain. Born the heir to a backwater shipbuilder Chel was killed by her own power-hungry brother. On that day a new creature was born. She wasn't the Starkiller yet, but she was certainly Immortal. It wasn't until nearly a century passed that she gained a level of power that would make anyone think of the current me. She killed her first star at four hundred.

Maybe to the Valdorn I still seem young, but to most species I'm downright ancient. Especially so for humans. Even the most advanced cybernetics and gene treatments have only gotten some rich bastards into their third century of life. In two weeks I turn 576. What an absurd number. I'm old enough that a history of humanity in space may as well be the biography your reading. With any luck, my suicide will go off without a hitch and that birthday will be my last. That'll make a lot of people happy. The end of the Immortal Starkiller.

I find it quite funny that after all the effort others put into killing me, the one to end my life would be none other than myself. I hope their celebration is founded. Not much seems to be capable of killing me at this point. I'm left with only one real option. Sagittarius A*. I've crushed a few black holes in my time, but even I should be affected if I enter a supermassive one. When that happens all that will be left of my presence in the galaxy will be hushed whispers and this book. Read on to learn about the history of the galaxy's most controversial figure. A history that begins with the death of the mortal Chel Lokain who was reborn when she fused with Harris Harmes.

2