Chapter 1
133 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't worry. Your brother will always be with you and find a cure for you."

I give my little sister a lie to make her feel better.

"Really, big brother? The doctor says that I did not have much time left."

What? That bastard dared to say that kind of thing in front of her?! Argh! She is just a child. I did not want her to think about dying while she still had life in her.

"No! Of course not! I will ensure you are healthy, and we can visit everything you want to visit."

"Promise?"

I smile at her, pat her head, and say.

"Yes. I promise. I never lie, right?"

"En! I trust you, big brother!"

"Good. Now be a good girl and stay here, okay? You can watch the cartoon."

"En!"

I smile at her and leave her room. After leaving her room, I leaned over the wall and put my face in my arms. As much as I am angry at the doctor, I know that he is telling the truth. My sister did not have much time left. Her cancer was already eating her from the inside, and she did not have much time left.

It is not fair. Why? Why must it be her? Why take her away? She is still young. She did not deserve this.

"Dammit!"

If there is any God there, I am willing to sell even my soul as long as you cure her. Make her healthy and let her experience her youth.

"Then, do you want to work with us?"

I snap from my thoughts and look around just to see that I am no longer in the hospital. I am now sitting on a comfortable chair, and in front of me is a man wearing an expensive-looking suit sitting behind a table. He is a young man with ashy white hair and silver eyes. 

"Who are you?"

I cannot help but ask the man in front of me. He smiles at me and says.

"You can call me Cyl for now. I am working at the company. What kind of company? Slavery on a multiverse scale. We are also a problem-solving company but mostly the first one."

"And why did you decide to take me here? You want me as your slave?"

"Nope! I will offer you a better job! I want you to be the one capturing people."

"What?"

He smiles at me and takes out a paper from the drawer.

"Andreas Hunt. Born in Jakarta. Grow with a loving family that supports you as you grow up. You are a good sort of a guy. Sadly, it changes when your sister gets diagnosed with cancer and needs to stay in hospital for a long time. Your parents did not make enough money to put her as a hospital permanent resident, so you search for a new job."

He grins at me and continues.

"You get a high-paying job. Sadly, it is not illegal work. You become a smuggler—smugglers who take drugs from other countries and spread them around the city. However, you did not stop there. Smuggling business is good but not good enough for your sister's hospital bill. So, you create a small drug empire and become a drug kingpin. Every day, you put your life on the line to ensure your sister survives. You kill, you steal, and you even torture someone who did not give you money."

"Can we get this over with? I did not need you to tell me the sin I have accumulated. If you are the judge of the afterlife, just take me there already."

"No, my friend. I am not an angel of death. I am a potential manager for your new work."

He pushes a paper toward me and says.

"If you sign that contract. You will be given a new identity, power, and anything else you want. We will also cure your sister from her disease."

I look at the paper for a few seconds before saying.

"And what do you want in exchange?"

"Nothing much. We want you to 'capture' the target in the phone that we will give you. You will know how to do this when you sign that contract."

"Is that it? I have a feeling that it was not the only thing there is."

"Yes. As I said before, it will take away your identity. Not only that, you will also have a hard time returning to your world."

"But there is a way."

"Yup~ In fact, you will have a way to return appear in front of you the moment you arrive in this new world. Just wait a few moments, and the way will appear. However, you need to fight to get it."

"That is still quite generous."

"We are a company, Andreas. We want profit, and a happy employee will make more profit for us."

I look at him for a few seconds before saying.

"Will this cure my sister?"

"Yes. It is within that contract, after all."

The contract in front of me says that I need to get four hundred points in a matter of five years, or the patron will eat my soul. Not only that, I also need to take at least one mission from the company and complete it in five years. I will also lose my identity as Andreas of Earth and take the identity of someone called Reinhard van Astrea. The company will stage a dead situation that makes my parents or anyone who knows about me think that I am dead.

In exchange, I will get a power that someone already filled out for me in the CYOA form or something, and my sister will be cured.

"Fine! Where do I need to sign it?"

He smiles and takes out a pen from his pocket then points to the section at the bottom of the paper. I nod, sign the contract, and put down the pen.

"Thank you for signing the contract, Reinhard! You will be transported to your new world in 3… 2… 1… Now!"

A second later, my vision is engulfed in white light, and I arrive at a beach.

======

[Waifu Build: Reinhard Van Astrea] [Link: Waifu Catalog]

Starting World: Campione!

Starting budget 955

Intensity [6.25] 

Legacy Difficulty 0

Mode 

Me and My Girlfriend(s)(PvE) +0 [955]

You as Reinhard Van Astrea (Substitute) of T7 -100 [855]

Bindings

Company Stamp free [855]

Lures

Sticky Fingers -5 [850]

Faerie Feast -10 [840]

Home Perks

Pocket Space -5 [835]

Pocket Apartment x2  -20 [815]

All Roads Lead to Home -10 [805]

Sweet Home x2  -40 [765]

Grand Manor x2  -60 [705]

Life's A Beach -10 [695]

Warehouse District -100 [595]

Stay in touchᵈˡᶜ -5 [590]

Armoryᵈˡᶜ -10 [580]

Home Securityᵈˡᶜ free [580]

Demiplane -15 [565]

Rainbow Bridge -30 [535]

Talents

Body Tune-Up -5 [530]

Communication -10 [520]

Soul -10 [510]

Martial -10 [500]

Blessed -30 [470]

Covert -10 [460]

Everlasting -10 [450]

Inexhaustible -140 [310]

Defenses

Body x2  -10 [300]

Mind x2  -50 [250]

Information x2  -50 [200]

Trace x2  -100 [100]

Drain x2  -50 [50]

Defenses discounted for retinue members +52 [102]

Misc Perks

Universal Calibration -10 [92]

Mapper -10 [82]

Target Tracker -10 [72]

Exit Stage Left -5 [67]

We Will Meet Again -15 [52]

Generic Waifu Perks

Paper Trail[You as Reinhard Van Astrea] -1 [51]

7