The dream
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of me lay ruins of what I suspect was a city and I say I suspect because nature did its work and following the natural course of things took over the place.

Every time I see this image, it makes me think that maybe this place could have been inhabited by thousands of people, hundreds of homes that hold the stories of the families that inhabited them, and now there's only a few rubble left, making it almost impossible for me to dazzle any part of that story.

What's the point of thinking about it?.

None, it is useless. But it is nostalgic to imagine the scene of the thousands or even millions of people who inhabited this place and had to leave their homes.

Young people are not usually very attached to their roots, but the older ones are and having to leave their homes, the place where they were born, the place they fought to acquire, where they hoped to end their old age and where they hoped to be buried, it seems not, but it is a hard blow to the mood.

Of course, to say that people fled is just speculation, but I think it's a good assumption since I haven't seen any bodies, bones or remains of any other living beings.

Which could mean it wasn't a hasty escape and instead they had enough time to pack up even the rats, because there aren't even rodent remains.

While it may also mean that this place has been abandoned for so long that time has done its job and turned any trace of living beings to dust, that is a very plausible second possibility.

If so, then the nature of the place also did its part by removing the remains and as a reward it got the nutrients to make its trees look so healthy.

Some trees are covered with delicious fruits and others covered with beautiful flowers that add a spectacular magical touch to the landscape.

The only thing that managed to survive time and that still stands, is the enormous wall that surrounds the ruins together with an imposing castle, apart from these two there are other buildings that retain part of their structure, but it is only a wall or a column and only these two seem complete.

With a book in my left hand that looked like an encyclopedia, of which I do not understand a word of what is written, and in my right hand, a fruit the size of a tennis ball, of sweet taste, slightly sour and texture similar to an Inga Edulis. Strange combination if you ask me, but they work wonderfully.

Sitting in the highest tower of the castle, contemplating this wonderful panorama, lost in purely speculative thoughts. Trying to figure out why I'm here and if this place is real, what kind of beings inhabited this place?.

Especially if you take into account that next to me sleeps the only other living being besides me, an entity that can only exist in the imagination and that in turn prevents me from being in absolute solitude. My good and loyal friend, a damned dragon baby.

“Do you want fruit?”

“Guyar”

“Yes, you have a point”

The daylight was already showing signs of fading and over my head the sky slowly darkened.

"It's a beautiful view, don't you think?"

“Guyar”

“Home eh?...... I guess you’re right”

The usual drowsiness gradually invaded me, a clear sign that my time was up.

* yawn * "I guess it's time" * sigh *

Mild drowsiness quickly turned into a strong feeling of sleep.

“Well, my dear Danamus... even if you don’t remember me, I’ll see you tomorrow”

A “guyar” was the last thing I heard before I fell into a deep sleep.
-----------------------------------
♪ ring ring ring ring ♪

“Mr. mea?”

“Yes”* yawn*

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“No, it’s okay”

“I’m carmilla, I called you to confirm your participation today, I hope I haven’t bothered you”

“10:30 right?”

“Yes, we wait for you in the park, we will meet there to organize ourselves better”

“Ok, there I will be”

*tud tud tud *

8:50 showed the cell phone, still had a little over an hour before engagement.

It's the warm season of the year and I was feeling a little sticky from sweat, but I was also lazy to get up. Similar to when you have to go to the bathroom but you wait until you can't take it anymore.

Sadly I have things to do and I can't be lazy, so I mustered up all the courage I could to get out of bed.

With heavy footsteps and still sleepy, I walked like a zombie to the bathroom hoping that a little cold water would wipe out any signs of tiredness and dirt I had on me.
----------------------------------
15 minutes was all I needed to eliminate laziness.

Out of the bathroom, with the towel on my shoulders, with enough energy and attitude to start the day, it was time for a good breakfast.......but before that I need some clothes.

“Friend, it’s not bad at all”

My image was reflected in the mirror. Black hair, hazelnut eyes, face with Latin features, 177cm tall, 70kg weight, 21 years old and no facial hair.
I tried several times to grow a beard, but the only thing I got was to look like a kiwi, which led me to give up the idea and embrace the life of the lampiño, although I must say that it matches perfectly with my caramelized skin, or at least that's what I like to think, since you can't fight against the nature of things... Damn genetics.

I dressed in the first thing I found and went to breakfast to recharge my batteries. I live alone in a small apartment of one room, bathroom, kitchen and a small living room. So don't bother fixing the mess in the room, when I get back, I'll fix it.

In the kitchen, I opened the refrigerator and greedily devoured an apple, then the bubbles of an energy drink added itching to my throat, moistening my eyes and achieving the goal of fully awakening.

“I need to buy groceries”

An apple and a drink was all I found in the fridge. It wasn't what I expected, but at least it was enough to fool the stomach.

After breakfast it was time to go out. It was already 9:15 and I don't want to be running around to meet the schedule, that's stressful.

I took one last look inside the apartment to see if I had forgotten anything. When I was sure everything was in place, I closed the door with the 402 dialed.

Walk to the elevator in the hope that it was working so you can avoid the more than 60 steps from the fourth floor. Although my neighbor who came out of the 401 in his 40s with a little overweight, quickly killed those hopes.

“Out of service, they still don’t fix it”

I guessed, but I should at least try, right? In any case, all that remains is to make use of the still reliable feet and follow my obese neighbor down the stairs.

“Mr. ando, good morning”

“Good morning young man, are you going to work?”

“No, today is a day of rest”

“Ohhh I see”

“How is mrs. margarett's health?”

Margaret, his wife had a heart attack a few days ago and apparently it was more serious than it could be because she hasn't been out of the hospital yet.

“Much better, the doctors say she should rest and avoid shocks. You know what they always say in these cases. I’m actually going to the hospital.”

“Ohh, give her my regards and I hope she recovers soon, she and her lemon cakes are missed by this place”

“Yes, they're good cakes”

The tedious descent was enlivened by the accounts of Mr.Ando, who seems to have an inexhaustible repertoire of stories. It's easy to lose track of time in your presence.

The talk continued until the reception, where we said goodbye and sizes separate paths

I like to listen to music but I rarely select the song and with that same idea, I put on the headphones and the song that came back was ♪have you ever seen the rain?♪

Since I'm going to run, a warm-up before exercise is very necessary, at least that's what the coaches say. It's also what I've read, and since it doesn't take long, it's best not to risk a silly injury.

With the warm-up done I started jogging on my way to the gym, which luckily for me is only a km. away enough for the jog to warm up the muscles a little more, but not enough to end up tired. so as far as I'm concerned it's a perfect distance.

Once the warm-up was done, I started running on my way to the gym, which fortunately for me is only a kilometer away, enough to warm up the muscles a little more, but not enough to end up tired, so as far as I'm concerned it's a perfect distance.

It was 16 minutes between leaving the apartment and reaching my destination, a place to train different wrestling disciplines. In my case I practice Krav Maga, for health and to be able to defend myself.

At first I wanted to learn capoeira, but although I have certain Latin traits, rhythm is not one of them. And in the process of learning, there were certain accidents that truncated my learning of this amazing mating dance.

0