An Adult’s Imagination
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our talk continued until the clock marked 3:40, Carolina returned with her group in the van and for my part should return to clean my sweat and change to attend what I hope is the last thing I do today. Today is supposed to be my day off and I still haven’t been able to rest as I’d like.

Although I walked instead of jogging, it didn't take me long to get back home.

Once in the apartment, my preparations were simple, a much-needed shower to get rid of the grime and clean up the morning mess.I don't want to arrive later with all the desire to rest, just to find a mess I have to fix.

I dressed in something a little more decent than before, took my helmet, the keys and again made sure I didn't forget anything before leaving the apartment. It was a habit acquired with the passage of time and after having forgotten many things, including leaving the door wide open. Luckily my neighbors are the Bengtssons, and Mrs. Margaret saw the door open and as she knew that I had gone out she closed the door, but of course, that does not assure me that Mrs. Margaret will always be around, so it is better to avoid future problems.

In the parking lot was waiting for me my pampered, a beautiful bike -triumph scrabler- my adventure companion
---------------------------------------

Take a little more than 15 minutes arriving at Mr. Charles' office, and upon entering I saw him talking to his secretary who is also his daughter.

"Good afternoon"

"Good afternoon Mr. Mea, punctual as always"

"With what you’re charging me, Mr Charles, it would be foolish to be late"

"hahahaha only the right price, only the right price"

"Would you like something to drink, Mr. Mae?"

"A little cold water"

"Of course"

"Follow me Mr. Mae"

*steps steps*

"Sit down"

"Thank you"

"Here's your water"

"Thank you miss"

"So, did you do the exercises I gave you?"

"Yes and there was no change"

"Same dream?"

"Yes, with some small variations but in general it's the same"

I've had the same lucid dream for three months, I'm always in the same ruined city. I didn't pay much attention to it at first and even found it fun and relaxing.

The landscape, the tranquility of the place, the feeling of being able to control your dreams is like having a second life in which I can get away from everything.

I explored the entire city and although most of it is just rubble, that didn't stop me from imagining how magnificent the place could have been at its best.

When I woke up I had only the memory and I thought I would never have the same dream again. I mean, what are the odds?

Contrary to expectations, the next night I had the same dream again. Even though the dream was repeated, I was completely sure that at any moment I would stop dreaming. Still, I was excited to be able to spend more time in.... the ruins of dreams?. In any case, with the excitement and rush, the first three nights were enough to explore the ruins and what little was still standing.

The curious thing was when I wanted to get out of the city, because every time I tried, the view that greeted me was not the meadows that could be seen through the door in the walls, but the roof of my apartment.

But that didn't dampen my enthusiasm, since it's quite normal that in dreams by actions like walking through a door you wake up. So instead of wasting my time in the dream trying to see some meadows that didn't seem to contain anything but grass, it was better to check the city in more detail.

Although I must admit that at this point a lot of things seemed strange to me. I mean, I’m no expert, but I think it’s not very normal for a person to have lucid dreams every day, to be the same dream and besides, every time I was self-aware I was always in what I think is the town square, like it’s some kind of respawn point.

It didn't matter where the dream ended, I still had consciousness in the same place and everything I moved in the previous dream, even if it was a simple leaf, everything returned to its place. And although the dream world is an unknown place, I don't think this is very normal either.

When I woke up I felt totally rested physically and mentally, and I even had the feeling that I was resting better than before. So I wasn't worried about it affecting my daily life. On the contrary, I was excited to learn more about this dream and if there was any mystery, to discover it.

I must admit that my thoughts were not very mature, but in my defense no one was looking at me, it was a dream where only I was. No one could judge me or comment on my childish thoughts. I mean, it's just a dream, I can do stupid things and there won't be any consequences.

At some point I took it for granted that when I slept I would have the same dream, so I abandoned the initial rush and gave way to a more detailed search of the place, which yielded intriguing results.

I discovered two books that are still perfectly preserved, the bad thing is that they are both written in a language that seems like a strange mixture of Latin and Esperanto, or at least that was my first impression. Something that didn't last long since mixed with the letters there are symbols or more letters? I'm not sure, in any case I tried to memorize as much as I could to look it up later on the internet.

I also found some objects that might or might not have been created by someone or something, though I'm not sure. I mean, the books are well crafted, they have a beautiful embossed cover, and the inside is pretty neat. A lot of attention was paid to the detail, although you can tell that they were handwritten.

On the other hand, the objects I found seem rather coarse in comparison, so despite their appearance, it could well be My mind playing tricks on me, making me believe that the petrified branches or rocks are creations of some sort. I have doubts about that.

The place is covered in nature and the trees contain lots of fruit, but strangely there are no animals, not even a single insect.

'My imagination is so scarce that I wasn't even able to dream of a miserable mosquito?'

There is also a river that starts at the wall and disappears in the city center. Although it seems to have no current, its water does not have the color that stagnant water should have, on the contrary it is so crystal clear that I can see the sapphire blue stones at the bottom and because it is so clear it allowed me to see that there are no fish or signs of any other life in the water.....Not to mention bacteria that even if they exist, I can’t see them.

There were several nights, days of intricate searching, but apart from what was already mentioned there was nothing remarkable, although I want to unravel the mystery of the dream. I had previously searched the castle, but as with everything else it was just a quick glance and as I was no longer in a hurry I had left it last, after all it is the place most likely to hide some mystery.

Except for the deteriorated color and the roots of the trees inside, the building is almost intact, so if there was something important it was surely kept in the safest place, right? Besides, it is a castle and in this kind of situation it is obvious where you will find answers.

And things turned out to be as I expected and after several search sessions I found in one of the rooms a cave hidden among rubble and the thick roots of the trees.

Again it's very obvious where to look, I mean, practically the place is screaming <mysteries hidden here>.

Maybe it was hidden by some a door before, but the roots collapsed the door, leaving the passageway uncovered. In any case, it saved me a lot of time searching, so I'm not complaining.

I thought I would encounter some security door or some defense mechanism along the way, but apparently my expectations were too high. The traps were deactivated with the passage of time or my imagination is very limited and I couldn't dream of so many details. All I found along the way was more than rubble and roots.

'Well....This is a bit disappointing'

I didn't expect my dream to be like Indiana Jones, but at least I expected something exciting. And so far the only strong emotion I've had was when a piece of rock fell on my head.

The inside of the cave was the only thing that really surprised me. There weren’t many things, but what was there was enough to make the view shocking.

A considerable amount of riches was the first thing I saw upon entering the cave. Stacked gold coins formed a small mountain.

I must admit that for a moment I thought I had hit the jackpot, it was only an instant, but in my mind I had already imagined what I would do with the wealth. Then I remembered that this is just a dream and I felt very stupid. In my defense, the dream seems so real that it's easy to get confused.

0