Chapter 7
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my renewed enthusiasm, it didn't take me long to take a quick look around the city, I already knew everything by heart, so detecting any changes was easy. But contrary to my expectations, everything is the same as before.

'It seems that the changes are only on the outside'

"we'll have to go out and take a look. Come on fellow adventurer, let's get out of the cage and conquer the world”

“Guyar”

Standing in front of the destroyed city gate, with rapid heartbeat and seeing the prairie in front of me, I hesitated to take the last step. It was usually at this point that I woke up, but today I had expectations and those expectations made me hesitate to take the last step. My mind was divided in two parts, on the one hand I wanted to experience the prairies, but on the other hand what before seemed like a nice and curious lucid dream, now it seemed so real that I was a little scared.

“Guyar?”

"I'm not nervous, you're nervous... Stop distracting me, follow me"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
step*
whooss*

"....."

IIIEEEEEEEFFFFFF HAAAAAAAAA*

"hahahaha"

"...."

scrach scrach scrach scrach*

"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DO YOU FEEL IT DANAMUS?, IT'S FREEDOM"

“GUYAR GUYAR GUYAR”

"DUDE, STOP BEING LAZY, RUN OR FLY AND LOSE A FEW POU-"

boom*
whoosh*
crack*

Once I took the last step and walked through the gate due to my excitement and stupidity, I ran off while screaming, completely forgetting the strange animals I had seen from the castle. I was so immersed in my excitement that I didn't pay attention to my surroundings. Of course, I don't know what I expected, it's Murphy's law.

A sharp blow to my ribs snapped me out of my reverie and sent me flying through the air until a few meters later I fell face down with no strength and a few broken ribs. The immense pain and lack of oxygen prevented any sound of pain from coming out of my mouth or insulting my stupid self of a few minutes ago
----------------------------------------
"Shit"

For a while I heard the little roars of Danamus, along with the squawks of another animal. Then I heard some wailing until I heard nothing else

“Guyar Guyar?”

*cough
"Hi buddy, I'm fine.... well, not so good, if you could help me turn around"

Trip*

*coughcoughcoughcough*
"Much better, thanks.... we'd better get moving before *coug more animals come"

Danamus is very small, so he can't carry me flying carefully, but he has enough strength to drag me back. It's not optimal, but due to the current situation it's enough. Besides, thanks to fate I hadn't run far from the gate, so the way back wasn't too long and the grass softened the ground a bit, which helped my back not to suffer so much

"Let's hide there"

My whole body ached, the ruins of the city were not as friendly as the grass, but I did not want to risk other animals coming and finding me on the ground, I am not very smart but I learned my lesson

"This is a good place"

*haaaaaaaaa

"Don’t look at me like that, I’ve had better days but I’ll reco-"

whooos*

"Wait! *cough* Where are you going? Hey *cough* what you’re trying to do? You’re not a powerful dragon *coughcoughcough*, you’re only one day old. Come back! *coughcough*

"....."

"fuck”

I tried to move, but the wounds are very recent and the pain makes even breathing difficult, so for the moment all I can do is hope that the little dragon doesn't do anything reckless.

Luckily Danamus came back a few minutes later dragging the corpse of my attacker, the good thing is that he doesn't seem to have any injuries

"Friend, going out like that was not a good idea and bringing the body to where the wounded man is, who in case of an attack can't move, is not very smart"

"Grrr!"

"It’s okay *cough*, it’s your prey"

While Danamus devoured the animal, for my own sake, I hoped that the blood would attract no more of its species or some carnivorous animal. In any case, in this small moment of tranquility, mixed with the sound of flesh being torn apart by Danamus's teeth and my sudden moans of pain, gave me a little time to ponder the previous events.

'That blow, if it had been earlier I'm sure I would have died and woken up, similar to when I fell from one of the towers of the castle, but here I am, enduring the pain.... I'm beginning to believe that this is no longer a dream, but if so, why?'

My thoughts were interrupted by a peculiar smell

"Thank you for your hospitality, but I prefer cooked meat or fruits"
-----------------------------
“Guyar”

A moment later the young dragon came back with some fruits, the same ones I can eat, surely he saw me eat them before and remembered them, he is young but very intelligent.

"Well, mom always said that the one who eats doesn’t die"

Eating was not pleasant, the force I had to exert to chew the fruit and the pain when swallowing made it a nightmare experience.

Daylight began to dim, night was approaching, which means I've spent the whole day lying on the ground like a bag of rotten fruits. If this is my reality now, then it was not a good first day. But it's not all bad, at least the animals that I feared could trace the smell of blood to this place, never showed up.

'They can't enter the city or didn't find the blood trail?'

“Danamus, help me to go outside”

The pain is still pretty bad, but maybe the flesh is numb or my pain tolerance is increased, but now I can make small movements. Also, I am tired of being here and have many questions that need answering.

My little dragon friend flew over my head and with his claws helped me to stand up, while I was trying to walk, from the air, he helped me so I wouldn't trip and fall to the ground, which would have been very bad for my ribs.

From the gate I could see the animals, they are not very large, but certainly quite robust, a little taller than a pony, gray fur and skin. It looked like they was wearing metal armor over their bodies and six sharp horns on their heads. They were sniffing the air and looking in the direction of the city, but they did not approach.

"Apparently I was lucky I got hit by a young one who didn't have horns, otherwise I wouldn't be here, don't you think?"

“Guyar”

"Help me go to the river to cleanse myself, I don't want these wounds to get infected"

Cleaning myself was harder than I thought, getting into the water is out of the question. It would be ironic if after saving myself from dying because of a poorly designed goat I died drowned. Fortunately I am not alone and again I had to rely on Danamus who with some leaves from the trees managed to bring me water, but it was a slow process and it didn't help that the water was freezing cold.

It was complicated, but I managed to clean any dirt that could cause an infection, or at least I hope so. I don't know how cold the nights are and I don't have a fire, so the best thing to do is to look for a place that insulates the cold. Although it was easy to find that shelter, I mean, the castle is the only option.

My companion, who used to disappear to do his dragon things, on this occasion did not move from my side. That made me feel some reassurance and security. Even though I am the adult here, he is the dragon.

Honestly, it was not a good day and from the bottom of my heart, I hoped that along with the night would come the usual events and I would be able to wake up from dream. All I want is for the pain to go away and the next day to be able to say 'it was just a bad dream'

And yes, the night came, but it was not as I expected, I was physically and mentally exhausted by everything that happened today, but I wasn't sleepy, the pain, the cold and imagining that I couldn't return to the comfort of my home made me feel desperate, I felt like I was drowning, I needed some fresh air. In my moment of anguish I wanted to stand up, but failed, falling face first to the floor. I didn't want to wake Danamus, so I crawled to the wall for support so I could stand up.

*aaehhhhhhhhh*

The wall was only a few centimeters away, but the lack of air made it seem longer. When I managed to reach the wall my whole head was spinning, with great effort I managed to stand up and leave the castle. Outside, a cool breeze awaited me, along with a spectacular dark sky that was only illuminated by a crevice that ran through it. It’s not what I expected and it didn’t alleviate my pain, but it was an impressive sight that made me forget the lack of air.

The crevice is shaped like a centipede. Millions of stars gather along the insect, attracted by its body as if it were a magnet, only to be engulfed. Inside, the lights come together to form a huge river of small galaxies that move with the current. The whole sky was in constant motion, as if it were alive. It was a beautiful sight and at the same time spooky.

0