chapter 10
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I want to become a dragon, it's clear that I need a way to do it, a source that can help me to metamorphose and for the first time things start to go well for me. I mean, what better way to become a dragon by getting help from a dragon itself.

"Danamus, my friend, would you mind helping me with something? It's something of no great importance that will be very easy for you"

"...."

"Could you give me some of your flesh?"

"Grrrr"
*whoos*

"Wait, don't be angry, don't go, it's just a little, not much, just a couple of pieces. With how sharp your claws are, it will be easy to count a small piece"

Apparently he didn't take my suggestion very well he didn't come back until nightfall. I’ve been looking for him all day but I guess he was out of city, so finding him was difficult. I don't want to risk going out and being killed by a pony-shaped deer, but the time I spent looking for him was enough to cool my head and if you think about it carefully, eating his flesh may not be a good idea, his flesh may not be fit for consumption. With the prairie animals I took the risk first because of hunger and secondly, their similarity to goats gave me some confidence.

Consuming dragon flesh is an experiment that could go wrong, not to mention the fact that it's a magical being whose genetics I am completely unaware of. In case his meat contains bacteria,which fire cannot eliminate or I must eat the meat raw and my immune system cannot eliminate the dangers either, I have no way to treat the infection, so I could die of one of the most cruel and bizarre causes of death there is...... Dysentery.

"You're back, hey I was kidding before, I don't want to tear your flesh off, we're friends, right? friends don't eat each other... I guess... but maybe, could you give me a few drops of your blood?"

That's right, Blood. The key to understanding magic is in Danamus. Surely there are other ways to learn magic, but I don't have anything concise with which to start learning. It's like trying to make ice without having water.

The only thing I have right now is Danamus, a being who can apparently use magic since he hatched. Which doesn't help me understand the magic, but at least it's something to start with.

I have no animals at my disposal for testing, since not even insects enter the walls, I would have to go out to the prairie to look for them, but I prefer not to take unnecessary risks. That deer-pony left me with a serious trauma, so I can only test on plants and myself. Of course, I also don't have a laboratory to do experiments or the necessary implements, which is worse, I don't know how to do safe experiments, so I'll have to use my imagination and hope for the best.

“GRRR”

"You don’t have to look at me like that, it’ll just be a few drops, I promise"

"...."

"I know what I'm asking for is absurd, I don't know dragon culture, but if someone asked me for my blood out of the blue, I'd surely be just like you. I don't know how long it's been since I've been here, but look at you, you've grown quite a bit and you'll continue to grow. I'm sure you plan to leave this place, right?"

"..."

"You know, I don't know what situation I'm in, maybe in a few days I'll wake up in the hospital and this is all just a hallucination, but I know that if this is real, I don't want to spend the rest of my life caged here....... I don’t want to stay locked up here, alone, waiting for death’s visit"

"Guyar"

"Thank you very much for your trust, I owe you one more"

With some reluctance still, the little dragon cut with his claws a small wound on his hand, the liquid was not as thick as I thought and its color is a mixture of silver and pearl gray. I already had an improvised container of leaves ready to collect the blood, I don't have blood-thinning containers to prevent blood from clotting, so I'll have to use what I have at hand, do it all at once, although of course, all I got was just a few drops.

"You're a fiasco like a dragon, where is the golden blood?"

"Grrr"

"Of course I want it, I was just saying"

Now with the substance in my possession, it's time to conduct the experiments and see if I can get any results that can get me out of this impasse. I just hope that if I make any discovery it will be something that will benefit me and not something that could cause me more problems.

Experiment N°1
Sprinkle some blood on a plant and observe its changes.

                                                 Day N°1
First I must start with something safe, something that can be sacrificed without causing too much trouble. I feel sorry for the young plant, but it's either her or me and to her bad luck there are no environmentalists in this place. Besides I only have about 10 ml of blood and of course, if I take too long thinking about how to use it, it might clot, which would be a waste, so I had to think fast and the seedling was the only option.

Although the place is full of vegetation, there are not many seedlings, there are quite a few weeds, but what I was looking for were the shoots of the plants from which I can eat their fruits. Luckily although they are not very common, after a quick search I managed to find a couple and with the brave plant that would carry my hopes of leaving this place in its roots identified, I did not hesitate and sprinkled it with a little on the root, stem and leaves, then observed with great intention and disappointment for several minutes that there was no change.

I don't know why I expected something to happen instantly. I admit that was stupid, but no one can blame me, it's dragon's blood after all. Anything can happen, the outcome can be completely unpredictable.

"Well, then this will take longer than I thought. *HAAAAA* I just hope this blood is still good tomorrow"

A little setback, now I will have to make more attempts with the same seedling. Yes, it will be slow, but there is no other option. I don't know why I thought it would be fast, in any case I set up my camp next to the plant, I don't want to miss any reaction that might give me some important clue.

Day 2
Everything is still unchanged, which is strange, I mean, the plant is still the same, which to some extent I expected, but the blood did not clot, it still maintains its viscous state and even if I rubbed the plant with a cloth I would be able to remove the substance. I was hesitating whether to apply the remaining blood, but I preferred to wait and see. I also thought about watering the plant with water, but I guess the moisture in the river is enough. There are a lot of trees here and I don't think anyone would come every day to water them. Besides I don't know if watering it might alter the experiment or the plant itself, if it's stupid, but I'd rather not risk it and spoil whatever is going on at the moment with the plant.

Day 3
The blood on the plant seems to have dried up, although the blood stored on the leaves shows no signs of clotting, the plant itself does not show a change to the naked eye. I can only continue to observe and as the blood on the leaves is still liquid, I prefer to wait for the results so as not to waste it.

On the other hand, the days here continue in the same way, but the magic used by Danamus seems to grow stronger. I don't know if it's due to his natural growth or from some source that I don't know, I've only seen him eat meat, purple fruits and red stones. I don't think meat is the trigger because we consume the same meat. The fruits are poisonous to me and the stones seem to have nothing, but they must be important since they are stored in the vault, but they don't seem to react to me and I can't crush them either, they are absurdly hard, so eating them is impossible for me.

Day 4
The encapsulated blood on the leaves does not show any change, on the contrary the layer of dried blood on the plant looks thinner. I don't know how to explain it but it looks thinner, with less color and there is no rain as to suppose that it was washed away by the rain, although maybe it could be because of the little wind that circulates, but I am not sure. Again all I can do is continue to observe and eating, I look like a fattening piglet.

Day 5
There was a small change, the blood layer completely disappeared without leaving a trace. Although the plant itself does not seem to undergo any change and its overall appearance remains the same. It is a rare event, as if the plant had absorbed the dried liquid.

'Did he suck up the blood like a parasite?'

"Are you alive, friend plant?"

"........"

"If you listen to me, can you move a leaf?"

"......"

"Guyar?"

"I'm not crazy, you wouldn't understand, you're not a scientist like me, by the way what are you made of, because this blood is still liquid?"

0