Chapter 1
99 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Beatrice "Bea" Inkwell
Race: Lesser Ink Spirit
Rank: Mortal
STR: 5
AGI: 3
INT: 7
Skills: [Ink Control Lv. 1][Spiritual Body][Analyze]
Titles: [Reincarnator][Accidental Creation]

I awoke from my slumber after a screen appeared in front of me, startling me, and causing me to panic.

"Gah!"

Reading what was on the screen in front of me, the shock from my death had finally disappeared and I remembered how I died. Unlike how most Isekai started I died due to falling into a vat of ink when my management class was exploring an Ink factory for a field trip. I even lost my favorite pen!

"I'm not even mad I died, I just wish I still had my favorite pen."

Heavenly Goddess [Weaver of Fate, Mother of Spiders] Has noticed your existence, she gives you two things, Complete access to the System like most humans, and your favorite pen, which was converted into a fountain pen.

Suddenly I felt something disturb my body, and when I tried to see what it was, I discovered what Lesser Ink Spirit meant. I was inside a small jar my liquid body having been disturbed by a pen the size of my extension, a small black ghostlike creature that connected to the main ink mass, with two cute eyes and little arms.

I looked around me, finding myself on a desk, a sleeping girl resting her head next to me. Gripping the pen inside my ink, I swung it down on the girl's head, causing her to awaken with a jolt, as she noticed me, she seemed to become nervous as I held the pen like a spear in my arms. She removed the pen from my hands and said something in a strange language, however I was to busy trying to get my pen back.

***

(The Girl's POV)

Feeling something hit me in the head, I awoke to a small ink spirit holding a pen like a spear. I had fallen asleep after spending most of the night trying to get the summon undead spell working, but it seems I had gotten the spell wrong and summoned a soul, a soul which was absorbed by my magic ink. Taking the pen from the hands of the spirit, I expressed my frustration.

"I messed up! Now what do I do with you."

I looked at the adorable tantrum the spirit was having since I took it's pen, and seeing as it couldn't harm me, I handed the pen back to the spirit, it's eyes going wide seeing me do that.

***

(Back to Bea)

The girl handed me my pen back, her favorability increasing in my heart. It seems my instincts as an Ink spirit were stronger than my human instincts, as I felt that I could share my pen with her.

(A/N: All spirits have a favorite item, and will only share that item with those they trust, Ink spirits love pens.)

My mind was confused with all the new emotions and instincts running through my head, and so I eventually sunk back into the ink to let myself have some time to think.

2