21 – [Blessings of the Soul]
1.7k 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our party entered a grove of flowers near the base of the Mother Tree, the massive tree looked almost ethereal as it seemed to phase in and out of view with each pulse of color that shimmered across its trunk. Near the base of the tree stood the High Council comprising of the first two fairies, the first of each of the Ent and Dryad clans and the other newcomer. The High Elf was a beauty, standing nearly 2 meters tall with the build of a marathon sprinter. She shared the tapered ears that all fey have but had longer than normal eyebrows that grew out and up from the edge of her brow. This gave her a hawk-like appearance when combined with the fact that her head was almost permanently tilted back so she could literally look down her nose at people. She wasn't wearing a flowery or flowing dress and instead wore a white short-sleeved shirt, a vest woven from deep green vines, and a pair of dyed brown pants. Her stance was cocky but still feminine enough to make any normal man stare. She pulled off the arrogant tomboy look very well, I must say.

I arrived before the group, the rest of my party standing about 10 meters behind me as a show of respect for the gathering of High Fey before me. I glanced over the rest of the group before my gaze returned to the twin fairies at the center of the lineup, they were the size of normal fairies and had the appearance matching that of a pre-teen in age. Which didn't fool me, these two were the oldest Fey in the world and were the only two who were born from the trunk of the Mother Tree instead of from a branch.

"Anwirn Gemmolder Brimstone greets the High Council and extends his welcome to his fellow Fey."

I said as slightly bowed my head to the group.

"Welcome Anwirn, I am Rosefen Seele."

The female High Fairy responded before turning to her brother who continued, before gesturing to the rest.

"I, Oakfen Seele, welcome the High Dwarf Anwirn as well. The rest of the council shall greet you in a moment. First, the other new arrival, the High Elf shall introduce herself. Then you both shall speak with Mother."

The elven woman took only three steps to cross the 2 meters or so between us before she bowed slightly and offered her hand.

"This one is Gwaelwen Tuuli Boughweaver, High Fey of the Elves. I am pleased to have been given this chance to meet you."

She tugged me forward slightly as I took her hand and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"I am also pleased that I was given this chance because of your decision to create dwarves in this world. I look forward to seeing how you stack up against the many depictions of dwarves in the media of our old home."

I smirked at her before tightening my grip and chuckling lightly.

"Aye, I look forward to the same and first impressions for you are holding up so far since you wear the arrogant elf look so well."

She giggled lightly before she released my hand and stood up straight, the hawkish look returning to her face as she turned to return to her spot in line. Once she returned to her spot the fairy twins nodded to us both and turned towards a pair of differently colored and glowing seedlings rising from the ground about halfway between our group and the Mother Tree, those plants had not been there when I was walking up.

"Now, if you two would approach the seedling that is dyed in the color of your element? Mother wishes to speak with you."

The line separated so Gwaelwen and I could walk towards the seedlings, I walked towards the reddish-brown seedling while she approached the brown and clear seedling to my right. When we reached the plants the budding flowers at the peak of their steams unfurled to reveal a similarly colored and glowing gem nestled inside the petals of each plant. Gwaelwen and I glanced at each other before placing our hands on the gems at the same time and lightly stimulating them with a mix of our Ether attributes and a moment later I lost consciousness.

—————

I awoke to the sound of stilled silence, I seemed to still be standing on my feet and noticed that Gwaelwen and I were still roughly the same distance apart as we had been previously and that she was also glancing around curiously. The space we found ourselves in was much like what you would see in a movie set in space back home, a pure black void filled with numerous blinking stars. Oddly enough though many of the stars were moving faster than typically seen in those movies and they all appeared to be moving in a single direction which was directly above our heads.

⌊Registering new High Fey...

Successful...

Granting Soul Cycle Authority to newly registered High Fey...

Successful...

Removing Soul Authority from High Fey Dungeons...

Partial Success, Soul Granting Authority remains...

Adding Dwarven and Elven races to Soul Tree Cycle Database...

Successful...

Bestowing Job-System: Soul Cycle Interface...

Successful...

Soul Cycle Interface merged with Dungeon Interface...

Renaming Merged Job-System: High Fey Interface...⌋

Gwaelwen and I exchanged a glance before we both sighed at the increased potential workload. I had no idea what this High Fey Interface is, but I know for sure it is going to include tedious work.

36