cold,
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

LUCA

It's been a rather informative few days.

Raven enlightened me of everything she discovered. Of the fact that she's positive Cain murdered her parents with poison. That she thinks her mom and Cain were having an affair and that she's actually Cain's daughter. Of him forcing the women to have blood tests to fully confirm whether Dove and Raven are pregnant or not.

Raven isn't, by the way. Dove is, obviously.

But worst of all, she confessed that she believed Dove was being poisoned by her own father. Dove was suspiciously and suddenly having food arrive at her door—right at the time when Cain was threatening her with an abortion. When Dove got sick that day, alarms went off in Raven's head.

Since then, Raven managed to sneak Dove off to a doctor without Cain's knowledge. They tested her and found a minute amount of poison. I reckon Dove was lucky she didn't eat too much that day because it's so small that the doctor doesn't believe there would be any harm to her or the baby.

It's safe to say Dove isn't eating the food in the house anymore. Raven and I are doing what we can to sneak things to her.

Ideally, I wish I could pull her out of the house. There's a part of me—and Raven too, we've discussed this—that worries he'll attempt something else against her. However, not only does Dove not want to leave, we couldn't do so without rousing Cain's attention. If I forced her out of the house for her own safety, I think it'd create another massacre. So, what other choice do I have?

Instead, we're doing all we can. I'm trying to keep Cain distracted as best as I'm able to. Raven is checking up on Dove frequently. And Dove is hiding away in her room, avoiding Cain at all costs.

Raven and I agreed that we don't want to strike on Cain at this second. We need a plan if we're to do this successfully. There's only one thing that's certain—Cain Brooks needs to die.

The thing is, Cain has been gradually losing his influence ever since Leo's death. He's been consistently acting more irrational ever since that day. He's probably killed a dozen of his men by now and majority of the rest have either left or are skeptical of his authority.

Nero and some of the other men I work around have actually been looking to me for guidance because of Cain's unpredictable behaviour.

He doesn't realize it, but he's creating his own downfall. His men don't trust his word and it's going to work in my favour in the end.

I'm not sure I've improved much when it comes to Adiv. I'm still having nightmares and feeling all consuming guilt, but at this point, I can't say if that'll ever pass.

The night that Raven showed up at my place, I was drunk and stoned. I know I said far too much, but I'm beginning to learn to trust Raven. I've told her multiple things over the months I've known her—important things—and there isn't a single word of it that's gotten out. She hasn't even told Dove any of the shit I've told her and that surprises me.

Immediately after Adiv's death, I felt utterly lost and alone. Even though I wasn't sober, it was a good thing she showed up. I'm glad she did. I needed someone with me that night. Someone to unload my feelings on.

Including finally confessing my love for her.

I can't pinpoint the exact moment I fell in love with Raven Brooks. However, if I was to guess, I'd say it was likely when all of my decisions became based on her. At some point, it became less about doing the right thing and more about doing whatever it took to keep her safe, morality aside.

After I came home on the night I buried Adiv, I was alone with my thoughts. Somewhere around four in the morning, I had this thought—what if it was Raven who had died that day? Even the remote idea of picturing Raven on her knees, begging for her life caused me to vomit.

It could've been that I was drunk at that point, but I've also never felt like that in my entire life and I think that's saying a lot.

I don't regret letting Raven know that I'm in love with her. I was terrified for a long time to even think of the words and the weight behind them, but Adiv's death has me feeling like I shouldn't waste the opportunity to tell her how I feel. She deserves to know, even if it puts us more in danger.

The fact that I watched as Adiv confessed to being in love with Dove to Cain's face, and recoiled as Cain laughed at said admission should do the exact opposite—it should encourage me to run in the opposite direction of Raven. However, if anything, it showed me that she deserves the sort of love that I can give her. The type of safety and care that she's never truly been provided.

I was simply denying my feelings for a long time and I think a large part of it was because I was still clinging on to shreds of who I once was. Luca, the cop.

I'm no longer that man. He's long gone, so why pretend any different?

I would do absolutely anything for Raven. No questions asked. She could grab my hand in hers, entwine our fingers together and pull me into the depths of hell and I'd follow with a smile on my face.

All that being said, we're currently in a debate about killing Cain. It was always supposed to be me with the opportunity to end his life. However, Raven has since decided that she would like to do it, despite my clear objections.

We're in my bed, television on in the background—me in only my boxer-briefs, and her in one of my shirts. She's sitting cross-legged in front of me as we discuss our options.

"Why you, Raven? Why should it be you who ends Cain?"

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he's no longer her uncle Cain, but likely her father.

I'll admit, everything she said makes sense. It totally seems in Cain's character to sleep with his brother's wife—consensual or not—and then later kill her and his brother to cover up what happened.

And if Cain can do what he's done to Dove—knowingly poisoning her in an attempt to terminate her pregnancy, knowing she's his daughter—then he'd absolutely do something of equal maliciousness to Raven. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been treating her differently and tormenting her throughout her life because he resents her for being born.

"Number one, he'll never expect it from me. But more so because I need this, Luca. For all the times he belittled me. For my parents. For Adiv. For the shit he's done to Dove. For trying to marry me off. For treating me as less than my entire life. For you."

She wants to do this for me?

"He became your nightmare, Luca and now I want to be his. I need to do this. It's the only way I'll agree to it."

I understand what she's saying, but I still don't approve. Ever since I've grown to care for her, I've done everything in my power to avoid bringing her down with me into the darkness. I want to let her down softly—to explain why I don't want her anywhere near this—but I have a feeling that her mind is set. "I've told you before, angel, I've found a way to live with the blood on my hands. I don't want you to have to do the same."

She shifts, sitting up to swing a leg over my lap so that she's straddling me. Smoothing her palms up my bare chest, she traces the wings inked into the skin there. "I know you're only trying to protect me, but I've seen more darkness than you realize," she confesses as I caress the soft skin of her thighs. "Do you remember my reaction to Marco's death? I'm not like Dove. I've seen a lot more than I let on."

I know she's not like Dove. She doesn't avoid the bad things in her life. She isn't horrified by them. She's desensitized to them, in a way. She almost seems intrigued, at times. Like she wants to know things because she believes it'll help save her from the worst.

However, all that being said, it doesn't mean I want to encourage her to do bad shit. I love this beautiful and strong woman in my lap and I'll do whatever it takes for her to be safe.

"I've handled guns and knives. I've wandered into the basement when I shouldn't have and seen things I imagine you've seen too. At this point, and with the things Cain's done, I feel like it's the opposite—I can't live without his blood on my hands."

Jesus, what sorts of things has she seen?

But, I mean, she's not lying. She barely reacted to the savage and brutal way that Marco died. She hasn't reacted negatively towards me during any of the times I've come to her with literal blood on my hands. She wanted to know what happened to Kermit. She definitely is desensitized to a lot of this world, much like I have become.

"Raven, baby—"

"I already have a plan. If you don't wanna' be with me when it happens, that's fine. I'll do it myself. But like you did with your plans, I can't risk telling you about it unless you're with me."

"Why not?"

"'Cause if I tell you, you'll do anything and everything to stop it."

She's right. Not that I admit it. She knows me too well. Like she's holding my skull in her hands, thumbing through the pages of my brain.

"I love you, but if you want to know my plan, you're doing it with me and you're doing it my way. No exceptions, babe."

I huff. I've always adored her strength and tenacity, but now is not the time for those qualities to be making an appearance. Somewhere in my brain, I already know she won't change her mind, but I refuse to concede.

She cups my face in one hand, swiping her thumb over my stubble, "I know you don't want me to do this. I get it. I don't want you to do some of the things you do, too. You can think it over—I don't plan for it to happen tomorrow—but I'm doing this, Luca. Let me do what I need to do and be the pillar of strength I need you to be in support."

"I'm having a hard time with this, Moonlight," I admit. I'm having a difficult time with processing everything she's telling me. She once admitted that she'd nearly killed Marco, but this is an actual plan. One that she intends to do and that makes it entirely different.

"I know, that's okay. I'm stronger than most give me credit for. I can do this."

"I know you are," I assure her. "It's what I've always appreciated most about you. I just worry—"

"With you by my side, everything will be okay."

I don't know. When she says it like that, it makes it sound as if she's expecting me to be there to protect her, even though I know she isn't. Would she like me to be there? I believe so, but she's also not hinging her entire plan on it.

want to be there. I need to be there. I'd lose my mind if I wasn't. I just have to get over the fact that she wants to end his life. I have to release the reins and I'm not sure if I could do that, knowing what I know—the feeling that consumes you when you take the life of another.

"Why Moonlight?" She asks softly, drawing her fingers gently through my hair. "The petname," she elaborates, "Where did Moonlight come from?"

Cupping her jawline, I brush my thumb over her lower lip as I inform her, "'Cause my life has become darkness ever since the first day I entered the Brooks mansion. You're the light in the darkness that guides me out of the shadows that haunt me, my love."

She gasps at my confession, as if she never imagined that was the reasoning behind it.

"That's—wow, Luca. That's beautiful."

"You are."

She closes the distance between us, uniting our mouths for a kiss.

Gripping her waist in my hands as we break apart, I tell her, "Lay down. We should get some sleep."

She kisses me once more, "You're right."

She snuggles into my side, her cheek and palm to my chest. I close my eyes, prepared to fall asleep with thoughts of everything she's told me, but she interrupts the silence and I roll to face her. "What'll happen when he's gone, Luca?"

Drawing the tips of my fingers underneath her shirt and over the softness of her tummy, I assure her, "Us. Forever." I feel her inhale sharply as I add, "That's all I'm asking for, Raven. Nothing short of always."

* * *

I wake a few hours later, a bit startled at first. That's the first time I've properly fallen asleep—and not had any sort of nightmare—since the night the world lost Adiv. Raven is still fast asleep, so I carefully remove myself from underneath her, slip on a pair of sweats, and quietly walk to the kitchen for a drink, closing my bedroom door behind me so I don't wake her.

I grab a glass of water and saunter into my living room as I sip it.

Can I really cave and allow Raven to kill her own father? Fuck, how could I possibly? This entire endeavor is to protect her from the darkness, not encourage her to be consumed by it.

But at the same time, I get where she's coming from. She wants to be the one to end Cain's life because of everything he's done to her. And she's right, in a way, she deserves to do it.

Will she resent me if I say no?

I doubt it. I wholeheartedly believe she's going to do this with or without me. I don't think she was lying about that part. I truly believe she's stubborn enough that she'll attempt to end him all on her own.

It's a suicide mission if she tries and I can't let that happen.

She allowed me to do as I needed and planned with Marco. She never really pressured me about when it would happen or what exactly I'd concocted.

I also know she isn't a damsel in distress and she doesn't want to be treated as such, but I can't sit by idly and let her do this by herself. Besides, if you put everything else aside, I'd prefer to be with her anyways.

Even if she were going into Cain's office to discuss something with him, I'd feel more comfortable if I was there. Not even to necessarily protect her—although, I obviously would—but to be there as a supportive figure. Someone who has full faith in her and believes in and encourages her strength.

Fuck, I'm going to let her do this, aren't I?

Maybe I can play as if I'm with her for now. Once I know the depths of her plan, perhaps I can make changes when we're in the thick of it. If I'm there, I can rip the gun out of her hand at the last second and fire the kill shot so she keeps her hands free of any blood.

For some reason I doubt that'll happen, but there's the possibility that I'll be able to try.

I sit myself at the piano on the far side of the room, playing a few notes as I debate it all. I'm already aware of the fact that I don't have much time to think this all over. Considering his attack on Dove, I reckon Raven will want to do this sooner rather than later.

Fuck, what is wrong with me that I'm even considering allowing her to do this? I once said that love makes people do crazy shit, but I was alluding to Adiv sleeping with—and ultimately, falling in love with—the Don's daughter.

Shit, I just realized that technically, I've done the same damn thing.

I don't know what it is about that epiphany that has my resolve snapping like a twig. She's doing this because she's in the same position Dove is in—minus the child. She's terrified that what happened to Adiv will happen to me.

She loves me just as intensely as I love her. If I put myself in her shoes, she's doing just as I would. And I would do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

I can't fault her for that simply because she's a woman.

I continue playing the instrument before me, getting lost in my thoughts.

I hear her footsteps before I feel her touch my shoulders.

"What are you doing up?" I question, "I hope I didn't wake you."

"You didn't," she assures me. "I can't sleep without you."

My fingers dance along the keys, and we stay like that for a few minutes. She listens intently, not speaking a word about it. Eventually, I cease—pause, actually—because I need to tell her.

Nothing short of death will take her from me. The flowers they'll bury me with at the end of this will be made of her.

"Alright," I mutter vaguely, feeling her warm chest lean into my back.

If she's going to give into the devil on her shoulder, I'd like to be the voice of her Satan. The voice that is desperate to be there to ensure that she's safe.

"We'll do it your way."

I've been worried about drowning in the ocean of this life since I began. The thing I didn't realize is that I've been drowning the entire time—coming up for tiny gasps of air that haven't sustained me. Instead, they've caused me to struggle and fight even more until I was lost to the darkness of the sea. I drowned a long time ago. I simply hadn't realized it.

Raven remains my only saving grace. Make an incision in my chest and you'll find her name carved sharply into my heart.

I'll do anything she asks of me. Anything to protect her.

"Really?" She can't hide her surprise, her chest to my back with her arms wrapped around me and her face tucked into the crook of my neck. I can feel the smile tug at her lips where her mouth is pressed to my skin.

"Yes, but I want to know every detail of your plan." I put my hands back where they were, continuing to dance my fingers along the keys.

"Thank you," she breathes, placing a gentle kiss just below my ear.

Raven removes herself from my body, but I don't pay her any mind, getting lost in the music for a moment. However, I lift my head when Raven suddenly decides to crawl onto the piano and she moves to seat herself on the closed lid, positioning herself at the edge right in front of me. She delicately places a bare foot on the outside of my hand—her toes touching the keys—and then does the same with the opposing leg.

It causes her legs to spread wide and the hem of my shirt to ride up. It places her pussy directly in front of my face and I quirk an eyebrow, continually playing the instrument to tease her as I inquire, "No knickers?"

She bites down on her lower lip, shaking her head as she grabs the hem of my shirt and tugs it up even further to give me a better view.

"Touch yourself," I demand, my mouth watering at the sight before me. I want to reach out and touch her myself, but I know how much she enjoys the teasing, so I caress the keys in melody, imagining they're her skin.

She adjusts herself on the lid of my piano to allow herself easier access and then she's reaching a manicured hand between her thighs to gather her wetness on the tips of two fingers, which she uses to begin stroking her clit. It's a welcome distraction as she moans, licking her lips as she makes eye contact with me.

Her pants fill the space around us, driving me mad. I'm already painfully hard simply from witnessing her being so desperate for me. The urge to touch her only increases as a minute, then two, then three pass.

In fact, the playful torment I'm putting on her feels like it's more so torturing me.

"Luca—" she whines for me, my name on her lips feeling like her fist is wrapped around my throbbing cock.

"D'you want help with that?" I tease, ceasing playing as I stand from the stool and lean forward to playfully draw the tips of my fingers up her leg. I grab the elastic holding her hair up and tug it gently until her beautiful hair falls in soft waves to her shoulders.

"It's your fault I'm like this. Now fix it."

I smirk, running my tongue along my lower lip. "Such a needy little thing, aren't you?"

"Please," she begs, bucking her hips up in an attempt to position my hand where she wants it.

"Please?" I grip her wrist with one hand to help her ease her own fingers inside her. "I like it when you beg, angel." Hooking a knuckle on my free hand beneath her chin, I tilt her head back to force her eyes up to meet mine, "Do it again."

"Please, Luca, I want you inside me." As she pleads for me, she retracts her fingers from inside her pussy and lifts them to my mouth.

Greedily, I suck them between my lips, tasting my sweet little siren from the deep. Suddenly, I grip her by the hips and lift her from the piano, eliciting a squeal of surprise as I do so.

"What my girl wants, my girl gets," I tell her, setting her down beside the bench. I reach for the hem of her shirt to lift it off her body, exposing glorious bare skin and heavenly curves.

She smirks, smoothing her hands up my abs to loop her arms around my neck and unite our mouths. As my tongue meets hers, I ghost my hands up her waist, pleased to feel her shudder under my touch.

When we pull apart, she angles her head back to meet my eyes, running a palm over my stubble as she mutters, "I love you."

"I love you more," I promise in a whisper against her lips, giving her a lingering kiss.

She smiles and then she's lowering her arms to hook her hands into the waistband of my sweats and boxer-briefs to tug them both down in one swift motion. And then she does something that makes my dick even harder than it already is—she turns around and bends at the waist to grab hold of either side of the small piano bench in anticipation.

I pull my pants and boxer-briefs down the rest of the way, kicking them to the side with the shirt she was wearing. She arches her back even more for me, creating a beautiful curve to her spine that mimics an ocean wave cresting.

I slap a hand to her luscious ass, inquiring, "You ready for me, Moonlight?"

"Yes," she wiggles her hips to tease and encourage me, "Fuck me." After a pause, she adds, "Please."

With a hand anchored to her hip, I grip myself in my free hand to line us up. My fingers sink into her skin the further I thrust into her, feeling that overwhelming sense of connection that always consumes me whenever we're one.

She whimpers as I get deeper and I smooth a palm up her lower back as I assure her, "I know, baby, I know." She exhales a breathless gasp, arching her back more so her tits press to the top of the bench. "Just a lil' more."

It's so intense that I actually pause when my pelvis meets her ass, groaning at how wet and warm she is. Her grip tightens on the bench and then she begins rocking forward and back to ride my cock as I stand still.

I lower my gaze, mesmerized by the sight of my dick disappearing inside of her. She moans, her long hair dancing over the tattoo between her shoulder blades.

She looks so bloody beautiful. I'm a lucky fucking man.

"That's it, my girl." I slap her ass again, "Take it. Take my cock. Show me you belong to me."

She glances over her shoulder, her teeth sinking into her lower lip as she throws her hips back against mine, fucking me. "Yours," she confirms on a particularly rough thrust. "Always."

"Always," I promise before I grab her waist and push my hips forward to meet her thrust for thrust.

The action causes her to gasp and she cums almost instantly, her pussy gripping me firmly. I feel a tingle in my balls, elated with the feeling of her. I fuck her until she's ridden the orgasm out, admiring the way her breathing becomes more frantic.

Pulling out of her, she's still breathless with the aftershock of her orgasm and I hold her waist with one hand, requesting, "On your back for me, my love. I want to watch your face as you moan my name while I fuck you until your legs tremble."

She does as I ask, but not before sinking to her knees before me to take my cock directly into her throat. I release a loud groan, throwing my head back as she licks and sucks up the length of me. She pulls me from her mouth, wiping at the edges as she informs me, "I wanted to taste me on you."

I groan, gripping my dick in my hand as she sits on the bench. I stroke myself as she lays back, using the remnants of her saliva as lubricant. I thumb the tip as I demand, "Hands above your head."

Her tongue swipes over her lower lip in excitement and she places her wrists together to show me as she lifts her arms above her head where she holds onto the edge of the bench. She looks like a fucking wet dream.

"Luca—" she whines, spreading her thighs to show me the wetness glistening between them.

"Christ," I mutter, unable to stop myself from reaching for her. I waste no time in thrusting into her, right until my pelvis meets hers.

With my dick deep inside her, I collar her throat as I begin to fuck her again, my breath hot against the shell of her ear as I tell her, "You look so fuckin' beautiful on my cock." My touch is possessive on her and I can see how much it excites her—her lips curling into the slightest smirk.

"Harder," she moans, arching further into me as she throws her head back.

I do exactly as she asks, my skin slapping against hers in rough snaps of my hips. It echoes around us in the room as I curve my fingers around the home of her waist, watching her tits bounce gloriously with each thrust.

I reach down to play with her clit, relishing in the sound of her crying out a series of curse words. "You like that?" I question, knowing I'm close.

"Yes," she confirms, "Oh, God, don't stop, Luca. Please don't fuckin' stop. You're gonna' make me cum again."

"Want me to fill you with my cum, angel baby?"

"Yes," she pleads. "Yes, yes, ye—Oh, fuck." On the last word, I feel her clench around me and she releases the most erotic gasp, her back bowing beautifully to shove her tits in my face.

It sends me careening over the edge and on the deepest thrust possible, I release inside her. It's so intense that my knees wobble for a second as I anchor myself to her waist, my breathing ragged. "Christ, Raven."

I pull out of her carefully, my heart still racing in my chest. She moves to stand, but her knees buckle out from underneath her at the last second. I manage to catch her, but not before we both chuckle at her little tumble.

She seems spent, but happily so. She's wearing an elated and satiated smile on her gorgeous lips. I scoop her up in my arms, carrying her to my bathroom bridal-style. I place her on the countertop and grab a small washcloth, holding it under the warm water.

I delicately wash between her legs as she sits with half-lidded, sleepy eyes. I want to question her about her plan, to learn every single aspect of it, but now isn't the time.

When I'm done cleaning us up, I then carry her to my bed to carefully place her on the mattress. Crawling in beside her, she reaches out for me, snuggling into my side.

Despite the million different thoughts running through my head, I feel tired. I happen to think it's because I'm comfortable having her here, in my arms, where she belongs.

With her head to my chest, I brush some hair out of her face as I whisper to her, "We'll get through this, too. I promise."

0