Chapter 1
190 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So here he was...covered in a strange fog. The last thing Mal remembered was being sucked into a whole. 

"Where am I?" 

He looked around, his eyes stinging from the steam coming out of the fog. Whatever the fog was, he clearly wasn't allowed near it. Then.. what happens next? 

"Let me out!"

Should he stay here and wait for something to happen? No, that's not an option! He finally succeeded in wooing his best friend of three years and was finally going to go on a date with her when he got sucked in!

For some reason, the fog started kicking and writhing, slowly getting closer to him. He had no choice but to stand still, so that the fog wouldn't hurt him.

"Is something there? I need to go, I really need to go on that once in a lifetime date with my new cute girlfriendd!!!"

He stood there without an answer till his feet hurt and then he heard an agitated whisper, "Then get the hell out." 

Then he felt his whole body getting slammed into the floor.

.

He felt something nudging him, a soft feeling he's never felt... Could it be? Is this the legendary waking up on a lady's soft thighs? 

"Hey, are you alright?"

The voice is strange... Is it not a girl? Then what could it be? What was he doing right now? 

He opened his eyes to two sparkling green ones, lightly covered by strands of blond hair. His eyes travelled to the sides of the person's face, long pointy ears... An elf? 

No, he was probably still dreaming...

"Get him off me, Zyler! How long will you let him rest on me?"

"Yes, yes.. I'll get him off you soon."

The elf-like person, Zyler, pulled mal up without much effort though his arms look too thin and weak to do so. 

Right, there was another person who spoke just now.. But where? He then felt a pat on his back, 

"Really, the least you could do was look at your savior."

"O-oh.. I'm sorry."

He looked back and immediately apologized. What he saw made him doubt his eyes a bit. A demon with bat like wings and pointy teeth, showing off his sharp and menacing horns... 

"You... A demon?"

"Yes, and so? Is that a problem?" 

"I've never seen one..."

Xenon looked at the kid weirdly. Who hasn't seen a demon before? In fact, what was weird was that the kid, a human, was out in the forest alone. Not to mention the way he fell from the sky and landed on him. 

He was just out hunting with his friend, Zyler when this kid appeared suddenly and landed on top of him, driving his face straight into the ground. 

He looked at Zyler, carefully gesturing, 'What to do with this kid?'

Zyler looked at the kid with curiosity, "Kid, where did you come from? My name is Zyler, and this is Xenon."

"My name is Mal... I was just walking, then I got thrown here without my consent."

"Well that must be upsetting for you.."

Mal looked at Zyler and judged that this soft elf like man could be trusted, "Where is this place? I've been sent here and I need to go back."

"Go back? Where is back? We don't know a place where a human kid like you would be allowed outside this late at night. Especially kids who had never even seen other races."

Xenon could tell that the kid had never seen a demon like him nor an elf like Zyler. He didn't share the same curiosity that Zyler did and wanted nothing to do with the kid.

"Kid? I'm already in my 20s! Well, in a couple of months at least.."

"Well, I don't care. We're leaving now."

"Xenon, we can't just leave him here.. Sorry, Mal.. he's not usually this prickly. We just have something urgent to do, alright?"

Something urgent to do? Was he interfering with their hunting business? He suddenly felt bad.. he didn't want to inconvenience them, especially the nice Zyler.

Although he thought so, he still needed their help and so decided to contribute and searched for some dry sticks to make the campfire. As he was walking back, he heard the two whispering secretly... 

Were they talking about me? I may actually be a bother.. 

In fact, Xenon and Zyler were whispering about other things, things Mal may not ever expect from two men.

The two men:

"Xenon, don't be angry... We finally found an easily fooled human here, shouldn't we be happy? We will finally complete master Frazier's mission."

"We came out here for a break, not to babysit kids!"

Zyler climb onto xenon's thighs and wrapped his hands around his neck, "We can continue our holiday when he sleeps."

Xenon squinted his eyes at zyler's antics and finally gave up, "Fine.."

5