Prologue: A Memory
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I thought back to the day I met her; exactly 10 years ago. 

"Hey, how did you make the guitar sing?" There was a voice.

It was late and dark at night and the only thing that provides brightness are the lights coming from our front yard lamp, outside of our house. 

I was sitting by myself playing the guitar as usual to pass the time so hearing a sudden voice, thinking I was alone, surprised me. 

I immediately stood up and looked over to the source of the voice, which was coming from the neighbor's yard, only to find a little girl, I think the same as mine, with her head popping out of the fence.

"Huh?", I replied, confused at her question.

Who is she? and what is she doing there?

 It was already nighttime so obviously I thought everyone has already gone to sleep.

As for me, well, I was supposed to go to sleep after playing but I kind off got lost track of time leaving to this moment.

Before long, she spoke again.

"The guitar", she said "Its singing is beautiful."

She then looked at it with beaming eyes, unconcerned about the situation.

I think what she meant was how I played it in which I did make it technically sing (?), but really only imitating the melody of the song, so I assume that's what she pointed out as the guitar "singing".

I was using an old guitar as well so it was nothing special really, considering it sounds dull and muddy to play. That is, for me anyway but somehow it got her attention.

she then uttered excitedly, before I could manage to reply. 

"Hey, sing for me next time."

"Sure..." I can only nod, fixating my eyes on her.

This time, her tune was even more hyper than before. 

I don't even know this girl and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know me either considering this was our first time meeting each other so that sudden request caught me off guard.

Looking at her, a big smile immediately appears on her face as she crossed her arms atop the neighborhood fence and for some reason, it made me think that it really suits her as well as her eyes glimmering beautifully despite the darkness of night.

My heart was beating fast. What is this intense feeling?

Then suddenly, a cold, windy breeze then blew between us.

Little did I know, that random encounter would be the start of a relationship, one that I didn't think I could ever have before.

 

2