Chapter 2 – My New Family
75 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was trapped in complete darkness. I didn’t know what was going on. Everything around me is filled with nothingness.

I don’t know how long it’s been…I couldn’t open my eyes; I couldn’t move my body. I don’t know how long I’ve been here…I don’t know how long I’ll be here... Maybe I’ll just be stuck in this eternal darkness forever…

I thought that we’d end up either in hell or heaven when we die. But there’s nothing but darkness around me. I couldn’t see or hear anything. The thought occurred to me... that if I could have still been alive…if I was just in a vegetative state. I couldn’t feel my hands or hear anything around me, I just felt like I was floating in thin air.

In a way…I found this quite soothing. I didn’t have to talk to anyone…I didn’t have to worry about others ignoring me…I didn’t have to worry about anything…

I felt like I could last like this for eternity…

But even that feeling didn't last long. I felt warmth scorching through my cold body.

I opened my eyes to find myself facing a white ceiling…

Argh! Is this hell?! I can’t believe my beds this hard; it has to be my punishment for the life I’ve led until now.

…sigh…alright! Let’s sleep now…since I doubt, I’d have anything to do when I’m dead. It's a good thing that I didn’t go to a place like Valhalla where I’d have to fight for eternity in some arena like a fighting slave.

Aaah…now I don’t have to go to school anymore…lucky…

Someone pulled the sheet I had on without a single shred of mercy. Pulling the sheet when a poor soul sleeps so soundly after going through such a tiring life is the deadliest of deadly sins.

This place is truly hell…

“Young master. It’s time for you to go to school!”

Huh? There’s a school in hell? Mm…this person doesn’t seem to be talking to me, anyway, let’s just sleep a little longer…yawn…

I could hear the person move away from me and open the curtain to the room.

Argh! What a dreadful light! Are they going to purify me by inflicting such pain on me? The heat is burning me!!! Such pain and horror…

“Young master. Please wake up! You have to go to school!”

…sigh…well, I guess I had a nice dream for once.

I open my eyes and look at the devilish creature before me. She wore a white and black dress and a headband on top of her head.

Yeah. You guessed it right. This devilish lady who disrupts my sleep is none other than a maid from another world. She came to my world and offered to treat me back to health after I fell into a river pathetically thanks to some fool pushing me.

…sigh…I wish that was true though…but unfortunately for me, it seems that I was the one who’s been transported to another world and ended up in front of this maid Onee-san.

She stares at me wondering what’s wrong with me. And in a few seconds, I could feel a sharp pain in my head, and all the memories of this body started flowing into my brain.

Yes. This is the cliché trope where a person reincarnates in another world and his new body's memories start flowing into his head with a tremendous headache.

Argh! It is freaking painful! I’d rather not get my memories than have to go through so much pain…

In truth, I already had all this memory inserted into my brain a while back, but have to act part right?

“What’s wrong, young master?!” She rushed towards me and wondered what was going on with me.

This girl here is my caretaker. Her name’s Aria.

“Oh. It’s nothing…”

“I see…anyway, you have to get ready for school young master! You can’t be late on your first day.”

She sure ignores it in mere seconds.

“Okay”

I get up from my bed and get ready for school as quickly as I can.

Now, to put it simply, it seems like I’ve reincarnated in another world and have inherited my memories into this body.

Unlike my past life, my parents here love me from the bottom of their hearts, I have a cute little sister who adores her big brother, and my family seems to be a Dukedom, one of the highest statures in the social hierarchy. My father’s name’s Ashford Winterberry and my mother’s name’s Charlotte Winterberry.

Well, I don’t seem to have any friends though…alright you can pity me all you want, okay?

I go to the dining room and sit at the dining table. Unlike other noble families which have really large dining tables, we use a pretty small one since we feel comfortable sitting close to each other when we're eating.

“Lucius. How do you feel about your first day of school?”

Oh. My current name is Lucius by the way. It’s Lucius Winterberry, the ducal territory of Winterberry is up in the north, and just as the name suggests it’s pretty cold throughout the year up there.

“I’m looking forward to it Father.”

“I’m sure you’ll do just fine with your studies, Luci. But it would be nice if you could make some friends while you’re at it.”

Wow. You can be blunt at times dear mother. I wonder how you went through high society with that blunt personality of yours. And can you please stop calling me Luci?

While my parents were excited about me going off to school, my sweet little sister was just munching on her food so happily.

Aaah…is she an angel by any chance? She soothes this withered soul of mine…

I pat her head, she looks at me with such cute little eyes and gives me an angelical smile that pierces through my heart.

…is what I’d like to say but…

“What are you doing brother?”

She gave me a cold stare that pierced through my heart instead.

“…sigh…where did my cute little sister go to?”

“Aren’t you gonna say goodbye to your dear brother, Luna?”

Nice assist Mommy. My sister’s name’s Luna Winterberry. She’s a year younger than me, and she’s pretty smart too.

“Why should I? It’s not like he’s going away forever, right?”

“Your brothers gonna start crying you know?”

I looked at her with droopy eyes and whined at her.

And she suddenly gave me a peck on my cheek.

“G-goodbye brother…”

Aaah, cute!!! It feels like I’m melting like ice cream… I don’t wanna go to school…

But unfortunately for me, I have to go to school no matter what, cause my parents seem to be concerned about my studies and I don’t want to let them down.

Therefore, I quickly finish my breakfast and head off to the depths of hell…the school…


Aoi here,

Second chapter! I know that these chapters are pretty cliche but it's gonna turn out good in the next few chapters!!!

3