Chapter 3: The regionals
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todd's eyes flickered open, greeted by the ethereal glow of a floating system window hovering before him, heralding his ascension to the rank of regional zombie.

"Wh... what is this? What are you?!" Todd's voice trembled with disbelief as he confronted the enigmatic interface.

"I am the demon breeding system," the interface replied matter-of-factly, its tone devoid of emotion. "Here to provide instructions for regional zombies like yourself."

"Breeding system? Do I look like an animal to you?" Todd retorted, his confusion mounting.

Ignoring Todd's protest, the system interface continued with brisk efficiency. "I have no time for idle banter. Your mission is clear: eliminate your fellow zombies and absorb their demonic energy. Only one shall remain, granted the privilege of serving the great demon monarch, Mephistopheles."

Todd recoiled in horror at the grim directive. "Kill ourselves... until only one remains on this entire planet?!"

"Correct," the system interface affirmed, its response chillingly devoid of empathy.

Todd's mind reeled with the weight of his newfound purpose, his thoughts racing as he grappled with the enormity of the task ahead.

Meanwhile, in distant regions, other regional zombies stirred to life, guided by the system interface's map revealing their locations. Yet amidst the chaos of their awakening, they overlooked a crucial detail—the existence of other beings on the planet: animals.

Deep within the forest, a fierce battle unfolded between two formidable adversaries—a werewolf and a turtle, both transformed into regional zombies of equal stature.

The werewolf snarled with ferocious intent, poised to attack the calm and collected turtle, who held his detached shell with a steely resolve.

With lightning speed, the werewolf lunged at the turtle, seeking to overwhelm him with sheer force. But the turtle, possessing keen eyes that saw every movement in slow motion, deftly blocked each attack with his shield.

Patient and methodical, the turtle endured the onslaught, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Sensing his chance, he delivered a devastating blow that slew the werewolf, claiming victory and unlocking newfound abilities in the process.

As the battle concluded, a note of caution lingered in the air—a reminder that amidst the chaos of the zombie apocalypse, other inhabitants of the planet remained, each with their own strengths and secrets, waiting to be discovered.

Note: Gangster zombie - Level 1, Todd after defeating gangster zombie - Level 2, Giant zombie - Level 3, Regional zombie - Level 4

0