Equipment in Iberia
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here is a list of the equipment being used by the Royal Portuguese Army as of 1940 

First up is the rifle and machine gun of the army still in use by 1940 during the start of the Iberian invasion 

lXlmDW4.jpeg

The Lee-Enfield No.4 rifle 

EizavaZ.png

And the Madsen LMG 

The usual grenade for the army was also the Entente standard which was the Mills Bomb SGM-1 fragmentation grenade 

j7fkKJY.jpg

For the Portuguese Royal Air Force, they had two aircraft types in service by 1940 which were built locally and provided through lend-lease 

 

The first is the Vickers Hunter which was an upgraded version of the Vickers Venom but still largely resembling the aircraft, it was armed with 4 7.92mm machine guns and a single 20mm cannon, with a pair of machine guns in the wings and the cannon in the nose. 

CuAS0Fc.jpeg

Next is the primary CAS aircraft and that came in the form of the Fairey Battle, which although was arguably a light bomber that suffered IRL, in this universe it has at least a better engine and a frame that has resealable fuel tanks to at least compensate for the two machine guns in the rear and the single one in the nose. 

pUoRycV.jpeg

Next up is the main tank given to the Portuguese by the Canadians in lend-lease shipments and from some small production lines in Lisbon, the A6 Ram. IRL the Ram was mainly used as a training vehicle for Canadian crews who would then use American-made Shermans, but in this universe the Ram is the standard tank for most of the Entente given that the Ram in this universe had been painstakingly designed to make use of what was available for all. Using a 57mm 6-pounder main gun and having a crew of 5, the Ram is a good tank with good speed and firepower but had really thin side armor at 25mm but had 87mm of frontal armor. 

1gashYU.jpeg

Now, with the Entente's equipment out of the way, here is the equipment of the Iberian Army and the Communard Forces supporting them. 

Ever since the CNT-Fai won the civil war, their industry had been hit hard and was only just recovering when their leader plunged them into the 2nd Weltkrieg. As such, to ensure the industry they did have was able to at least give them a fighting chance and not totally be a sort of dead weight for the rest of the Internationale, the Iberian Republican Army used the French-designed MAS-39 bolt action rifle which blueprints had been so graciously given to them in their time of need. 

WjCZprY.png40

They also used the French-designed FM-24/29 as the standard LMG which did its job well and was reliable 

nD7pTuA.jpeg

Then we have the main grenade of the army for much of the war, the F1 grenade which was reliable and potent in its job 

dC94brc.jpeg

For tanks, the Iberian Army had none but the Commune has sent a small armored corp of 5 Armored Divisions to the front to help them, their main equipment was as follows

PAJRE3L.jpg

The Brabant S35 tank which served as the main cavalry tank to push with motorized infantry 

j1Q2318.jpeg

The Brabant H35 which would support infantry in assaults or would be sent in flanking maneuvers against enemy fortifications, with a three-man crew instead of two IRL and a much larger frame, the Brabant H35 is a good light tank for infantry support.

These two tanks were the ones present during the Iberian Campaign and would be still in the theatre until its end. Although there were none of the heavier Brabant B1s to spare for this front. 

In terms of air power, the Commune Air Force was the main contender here for the Internationale, the main CAS aircraft was the Br. 460 medium bomber of the Commune Air Force 

DHsQnVU.jpeg

Which while looking like a mutilated toaster in the sky, was able to provide good CAS attacks if properly escorted and if the damn thing could get over the target without being blown out of the sky by flak from the ground. Speaking of escorts, the main fighter to counter the Vickers Hunter was the Commune L.250 fighters. 

Pb0rztp.jpeg

the L.250 was faster than the Hunter but armed with only a twin pair of 20mm cannons with one in each wing and two 7.92 machine guns in the nose. 

Overall, this is just an overview of the equipment on both sides for now, I will be adding more pictures if I missed any and I hope you enjoy the rest of the series as the next chapter is a tank battle between the 1st Blindada Divizia and their Commune counterparts. Hope to see you all there!

0