Chapter 38 : Red-Haired Pirates
210 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Unfortunately, I still haven't learned it until now. I think if I sparred with Dad for another year or two, I should be able to master Conqueror's Haki!"

Saying this, Yamato patted his chest, looking confident.

As for Yamato's words, Youta believed them very much. After all, in the original work, she had indeed mastered Conqueror's Haki.

However, now without her father's cudgel to spar with, Yamato's learning speed was definitely going to decrease quite a bit. After all, for these geniuses of the sea, experiencing it with their own bodies was the best way to learn some skills.

Just like the advanced applications of Armament Haki that Yamato had learned, although it caught Ace off guard at first, after just a few battles, Ace was able to learn the flow of Armament Haki, both external and internal bursts.

In this regard, Youta was lagging behind. Although his physical aptitude, enhanced by the Gura Gura no Mi's modification, surpassed Yamato and Ace, in terms of spirit, being born in the ninja world, his cautious personality prevented him from comparing with these two. This also led to his slower learning speed of Armament Haki, and Conqueror's Haki was nowhere to be seen.

But he didn't really care. No matter how you looked at it, Chakra was much stronger than Conqueror's Haki! And in the world of pirates, these carefree fellows always seemed to have luck on their side. They wouldn't die because of their reckless actions, something Youta, as a transmigrator, didn't have.

If he dared to learn from Luffy or Ace, setting sail without any preparation, it was likely that becoming fish food at the bottom of the sea would be his most likely outcome.

So, between Conqueror's Haki and his brain, Youta chose his brain. Well, of course, there was also the possibility of him being unable to learn Conqueror's Haki because he lost his brain...

"I heard that Red-Haired Shanks is the most conqueror-like man in the world, which should indicate his level of Conqueror's Haki. Since both of you know Armament Haki, you can also seek advice from him," Youta continued.

Ace looked hesitant. Actually, because of his complex feelings towards his father, he didn't want to seek advice from those old crew members of his father.

Otherwise, when they were at the Sabaody Archipelago, Youta told him about Rayleigh. But Ace pretended to know nothing and never met Rayleigh.

But after a few battles in the New World, although he hadn't seen the Four Emperors make a move, he clearly felt the pressure of these four rulers of the sea. He wasn't afraid of death himself, but as the captain of a pirate crew, he also had to consider his crew.

Seeing Ace's contemplative expression, Deuce spoke up directly, "Let's talk about whether to learn or not later. For now, let's go find the Red-Haired Pirates."

Ace sighed deeply, "Okay, let's go find the Red-Haired Pirates first, we'll talk about other things later."

...

On a deserted island.

"We found the treasure, boss, we found the treasure!"

A chubby guy shouted loudly, while shouting, this guy with sunglasses didn't forget to take a bite of the meat in his hand.

"Hahaha, I knew this treasure map was correct!" Red-haired Shanks ran over excitedly. "Where's the treasure? Where's the treasure?"

Shanks's face was full of smiles, so he didn't notice the somewhat strange expression on his fat crewmate Lucky Roux's face. Roux pointed ahead with his hand, "It's right there, Jesus Burgess is guarding it!"

"How about that, this time I was right, Benn Beckman...," Shanks patted his first mate's shoulder proudly, "I said before, this treasure map must be authentic!"

Beckman's face showed a hint of disdain, pushing Shanks's hand off his shoulder, "You've said the same thing seven times before. What were the results of the previous six times?"

"In the past, I lacked experience, but this time I succeeded, which means I have accumulated rich experience in searching for treasure... What the hell is this?" 

Arriving at the so-called treasure, Jesus Burgess stifled a laugh and pointed at the dug-up ground. Shanks turned his head to look at the dug-up pit, and his face turned black instantly.

Inside the pit were several large boxes, and when opened, all the boxes were filled with pieces of paper, but the crucial problem was—these bills were not Beli at all!

Benn Beckman squatted down, and picked up a bill, "These should be the coins of a former kingdom in the New World, the currency of the Kuriara Kingdom. However, that kingdom was destroyed a hundred years ago, so these bills are now just waste paper."

"What... what?! Damn it, what kind of pirate buries bills as treasure! At least they should bury some gold or gems!"

"No, judging from the traces around, this treasure should not be dug up for the first time. I guess that there were visitors before us, and then he took away the valuable treasure, leaving only these boxes of bills." Beckman looked around at the traces of excavation and explained.

"Damn it, it's already been excavated. Why did he cover it up again? It made me happy for nothing!"

"As for this question," Beckman pushed up his nonexistent glasses and reasoned, "perhaps it was just to play a prank on someone like you, who seeks treasure?"

Ka-chak! Shanks turned grey all over.

...

"Boss, there's a ship coming outside. It seems to be the notorious Black Spade Pirates lately." Jesus Burgess, with the best eyesight, saw the approaching ship in the distance and spoke to his captain lying on the beach.

"Don't bother me anymore, I just want to be a salted fish now," Shanks said listlessly. "Let Beckman handle it. After all, he's always more reliable than me as a captain."

"Huh! They're firing at us! Boss, be careful!"

Shanks was stunned for a moment, opening his eyes, "Are there still pirates in the New World who don't know our Red-Haired Pirates? What does it mean to fire directly?"

It's not that Shanks thought the Red-Haired Pirates wouldn't be challenged, but rather that the pirates entering the New World had at least some knowledge. They might not know how strong the Four Emperors were, but they were very clear that pirates of this level couldn't be defeated by cannon fire.

If they really wanted to show some authority, they should at least use something like Flying Slash! 

"No, this doesn't seem like cannonballs." Watching the approaching fire, Shanks murmured, "This seems to be..."

"It's clearly a person!" Jesus Burgess exclaimed. As the main sniper of the Red-Haired Pirates, his eyesight and Observation Haki were better than Red-Haired Shanks. As the distance got closer, he finally saw clearly the figure.

10