Chapter 40 : Finally Meeting Whitebeard
226 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing this, Youta rolled his eyes. Jimbei really was brave.

He probably can't even defeat the current enhanced version of Ace, let alone the even stronger Yamato, yet he still wants to take on both of them? Where does he get his courage from?

Hearing Jimbei's words, both Ace and Yamato were somewhat taken aback. Yamato retorted, "Who said we're ganging up on you? You're really quite arrogant!"

Ace's reaction was more direct—a fire punch shot forward. Yamato exclaimed in shock, "Ace, you're cheating! Attacking suddenly!"

"Haha, leave this guy to me!" Ace laughed as he rushed forward.

Seeing Ace attacking, Yamato reluctantly stood by, leaning on her iron club, watching the fight between the two seriously.

Jimbei, being an experienced fighter, naturally wouldn't be hurt by Ace's fire punch. He enveloped himself with Armament Haki and countered Ace's fire punch with a "Fish-Man Karate: Gyojin-ryu Kaigara Seisui" move, breaking through Ace's attack.

Fish-Man Karate harnesses water power, which is most effective in the ocean. Although they were on ice, Ace's fire punch still generated a lot of water and steam, giving Jimbei a bit of an advantage.

However, Ace was significantly stronger than in the original story, especially after his prolonged fights with Yamato, learning many advanced Haki techniques. His combat power had increased considerably. Despite Jimbei's advantage from the water and steam, he was gradually being overpowered by Ace.

Youta lightly stroked his chin. "At this rate, it won't take five days and five nights. Ace should win in a day or two."

As Youta had anticipated, Ace defeated Jimbei in just about a day.

After defeating Jimbei, Ace didn't make things difficult for him and even asked Youta to help heal his wounds.

"Fish-Man physique, huh? Not too useful, except for granting me the ability to breathe underwater."

After healing Jimbei, Youta murmured to himself, thinking about the structure of the Fish-Man body in his mind. At first, Jimbei's body structure might have been useful to Youta, but after two rounds of modifications, this level of physical potential could no longer optimize him.

At most, it would be like Jack the Drought falling into the sea and not drowning, but he still wouldn't be able to move.

After being healed by Youta, Jimbei didn't say much. He jumped into the sea and left.

However, before leaving, possibly in gratitude for Ace not harming him and for Youta healing his wounds, he straightforwardly said to Ace, "Though your strength is now exceptional, even among all the supernovas, you are unique."

"But at your current level, you are still far from being at the level of the Four Emperors. Challenging Whitebeard now is not a wise move."

Of course, Ace didn't take Jimbei's words to heart. Or rather, he was already aware of Jimbei's points.

In fact, since coming to the New World and going through so many battles, Ace was probably well aware that he still had a ways to go before reaching the level of the Four Emperors.

However, in the world of pirates, constant combat is more beneficial than endless training. Moreover, in the New World, the Black spare Pirates had no retreat.

Three days later, the Black spare Pirates finally saw a massive pirate ship resembling a white whale sailing from the distant horizon while they were resting on an island—the Moby Dick.

"What a huge pirate ship! Is that our opponent?" Yamato shook her iron club, "I never imagined I would one day fight Whitebeard."

When she was in Wano Country, Yamato's favourite activity was reading Oden's journal, as Oden was on Whitebeard's ship back then. Naturally, Yamato had a deep understanding of Moby Dick and Whitebeard's crew, hence she directly referred to him as Whitebeard.

But since she joined the Black spare Pirates, she worked hard for Ace's dream. So, even though Ace wanted to challenge Whitebeard, she was determined to join him.

"Is that young man Ace?" Holding the supreme blade Murakumogiri, Whitebeard stood at the front of the pirate ship, smiling as he asked.

Standing beside him was Jimbei, who had just been defeated by Ace a few days earlier.

"Yes, that's him," Jimbei nodded. "Additionally, besides Ace, the horned girl and the boy leaning against the railing are also formidable. The girl possesses ice-related Devil Fruit abilities, and the boy has powerful healing abilities."

"In comparison to the usual supernovas, the Black spare Pirates are significantly stronger."

In fact, if given enough time, they already had the potential to become one of the Four Emperors' crews. Jimbei held back the rest of his thought.

However, Whitebeard paid little attention to Jimbei's words. He still stared intensely at Ace, as if recalling something.

A moment later, Whitebeard seemed to snap out of his thoughts and, still smiling, said, "Alright, let me give the young ones a greeting!"

Standing next to Whitebeard, Marco was startled and quickly spoke up, "Dad, why do you need to get involved? Your health is important. We, your sons..."

Whitebeard paid no heed to Marco's words. His fist, shrouded in a white glow, slammed down. The sea first fell silent, and then the ground shook with a roar. Enormous waves and fierce winds swept across.

"Gu la la la la. What nonsense are you talking about, Marco? I'm not at an age where I can't move!"

Marco wore a wry smile. Whitebeard had done many over-the-top things before, so he didn't think much of it.

Whitebeard was worried that his sons might go all out against Ace and cause an uncontrollable situation. He was eager to take Ace as a son!

With Whitebeard's personality, as long as no harm comes to his family, nothing else is a big deal. The remaining conflict, like burning down his pirate flag, could be resolved with a word.

That's how it was with older people. When Roger was alive, Whitebeard and Roger were rivals for life, but after his death, Whitebeard began to feel lonely and miss him. This affection transferred largely onto Ace.

Of course, the Black spare Pirates were not yet aware of Whitebeard's interest in them. As they witnessed the apocalyptic scene, their spirits plummeted.

7