Haga’s Fear.
1.3k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Throughout most of the day, Yuuki and Mai hung out together both in and out of class. 

Mai suggested that Yuuki sit close to her during class today since Mihara agreed to switch seats with him. 

Yuuki agreed right away, especially after seeing Mai's Love Meter at its current level, which really got him worried. 

Plus, Mihara approved the plan for them to sit together so she could find out if Yuuki was genuinely interested in Mai or just using her popularity to get closer to someone else. 

The only way her doubts would disappear is if Yuuki were more open about his relationship with Mai. If he decided he wasn't on board with the idea, Mihara would be certain he was just using her.

In class, Mr. Feldpath, the math teacher who happened to be English, was teaching. 

Yuuki was casually doodling in his math notebook, not really into the lesson. 

Then, Mai nudged him with her pen and whispered, "Pssst!" 

Yuuki glanced at her, "Yeah?" 

Without a word, Mai passed a notebook to him, saying, "You should really pay attention more, Yuuki-kun. I've already summarized most of what he's teaching, so you can study it while he talks, okay?" 

Yuuki smiled, "Thanks, but uh, that's not necessary." 

Mai looked down, her grip on her notebook tightening until the hard-cover started to crumple. 

"I put a lot of effort into this for you. My heart and soul, *heavy breaths* I poured it all into this. You better take it... Or perhaps, you're getting notes from someone else?" 

Her intense gaze caught Yuuki off guard. 

There was a strangely crazy, obsessive look on her face. 

Like she wanted to cut him up to little pieces and keep him in her precious box.

Quickly, he took the note, "I was just kidding, Mai. I really appreciate your hard work, love, and care. If you have anything else to share, I'm all ears." 

Mai blushed, shifting her gaze away, fidgeting in her seat. 

"Um, well, if you want my... um, you know, I'd rather we take things slow and build our relationship first."

Scandalous woman! I never asked about that... Yuuki thought. 

Mr. Feldpath cleared his throat, his signal for switching to Japanese, which always sounded a bit rough coming from him. "Mister Tanaka and Miss Takahashi, could you please refrain from chatting during class?" 

Mai flashed a smile at the teacher and waved apologetically, "Sorry, Mr. Feldpath, won't happen again." 

Yasuda briefly tore her eyes away from her online game to glance at Mai and Yuuki, then shook her head. "What a joke," she muttered, returning her attention to her smartphone. 

Mr. Feldpath caught sight of her and pointed his stick in her direction. "Miss Yuko, I'd appreciate it if you'd focus on the lesson as well." 

Yasuda kept playing her game, replying, "I am paying attention." Her response wasn't absentminded; it was more like she couldn't care less about the teacher's nagging. 

Feldpath slammed his stick on the board, "Paying attention, huh? Then figure out the limit as x approaches infinity of..."

He then wrote this on the board: (3x^2 - 2x + 1) / (5x^2 + 4).

Yasuda lifted her head and with one quick look at the board and faced her smartphone once more. 

Feldpath started laughing as he said, "You see?! She can't even answer it!"

"The limit is 3/5... next time learn to write properly."

Mr. Feldpath hadn't even worked out the problem himself; he just plucked a random question from thin air. 

He hurriedly checked the textbook and found that it was correct. 

"I-it's right?" 

Every student in the room echoed a surprised "Eh?" 

The only one not taken aback was Yuuki, who knew full well that Yasuda had been tackling Ivy League-level math since middle school.

...

11:37 a.m.

It was now the first break, and Mai was still sticking close to Yuuki. Neither of them seemed to want any space from the other. 

Mihara couldn't figure out why Yuuki, who she thought would be a bit protective of his personal space, was so okay with being glued to Mai. 

It was like he didn't mind not having any time alone or chatting with other friends. 

All she could do was hum in contemplation as she watched the lovey-dovey pair.

Meanwhile, Haga Kou from class 1-A had been trying all morning to catch Mai alone, but Yuuki was always there. She didn't have the guts to ask him to give them some space for a private chat, so she kept peeking into class 1-C hoping for a moment when Mai would be by herself, but no luck. 

Wh-what am I going to do now... Mai's the only person I can talk to about this.

Haga looked utterly defeated, her mind racing with frustration and the urge to cry. She kept her hands tightly clasped over her lap, afraid someone might snatch her legs and do something awful to her.

I'm not sure what else to do. M-maybe I'll just go along with Tomita like that. I don't want him to do anything terrible to me. If I talk to him, maybe he'll be willing to listen. Y-yeah, that sounds right. I'll just do what he says and maybe, ma-maybe he'll... he'll...

Her chest started to ache, her breathing became fast and heavy, and her heart pounded like a drum. 

She made her way to the girls' bathroom and sank onto the nearest toilet seat in a stall. 

Sitting there, she stared at her trembling hands, fear etched on her face. 

Her legs shook, and her eyes seemed distant, detached from reality. "I really need you... Mai," she cried, recalling the events that led her here.

9:08 a.m.

Earlier, Tomita had sauntered out of class after reading Haga's letter, and the teacher didn't bother to stop him—it was a regular occurrence. 

Whistling in the hallway, he passed by Class 1-B where Mai was playfully pulling Yuuki by the arm to sit with her. “Come on, Yuuki-kun, sit next to me let's get cozy,” she teased. 

Yuuki and Tomita exchanged a brief glance, but no words were exchanged as they didn't know each other. 

Tomita strolled into Class 1-A, where many students eyed him with confusion. 

Glaring at them, he growled, “Mind your own business unless you want trouble.” He approached Haga, who was already trembling with fear at his presence.

W-why is he... here...?! her scared mind thought. 

Tomita slammed his hand on her desk and leaned in close to her ear. “I see you still want some of me, right?” Tomita's hand slowly reached under her skirt until he could touch her firm, warm inner thigh. 

Haga's eyes were wide-open. 

Everyone who looked at her could tell she was scared, but no one had a clear idea of what was going on. 

Tomita's fingers gently reached for her flower bud, but then he stopped, “You know what? I'll save it for later today. Don't forget to show up at the AV room after school, and you better not get scared.” He flashed the letter in front of her. “Remember?” 

After that, he left the class. 

Haga sat there in shock. 

What's g-going on...? What was that paper...?

40