Chapter 1
187 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know how long it's been since the world was emptied completely of people, all I know is that it's been long enough that my body has adapted to the frozen time of the abandoned world. When I first awoke in the empty streets, I looked like your everyday human, nothing different about me, and while Time Specters, these strange ghosts stuck in-between time, would attack me, Life was boring.

Now My skin was glass-like with a mosaic pattern, My eyes were replaced with clocks and my hair made of pure temporal energy, an iridescent energy that I absorbed from Time Specters I defeated. I could feel the power imbued in my new form, from simple acceleration of time to complete time stop, unlike the paused state the world was in.

The world wasn't frozen like my time stop ability, no, everything from the passage of time to the ageing of creatures was paused, but they could still move around, it was just that nothing aged and the day never ended. The world was stuck in an eternal twilight, with creatures capable of jumping through time inhabiting it.

The sky looked like a broken mirror, with large shards of it dotting the landscape. I was currently standing next to one petting a Cheshire Cat, the result of a domestic cat absorbing temporal energy. Her fur was purple with a blue and black splotchy pattern, resembling a calico cat's fur pattern, she was capable of turning herself invisible, using the temporal energy to remove herself from time.

"Horatia, Are you comfortable?"

*Meow!*

Suddenly A rabbit man holding a pocket watch and wearing a butler's suit approached, the second temporal animal I ever discovered, a White Hare, he was capable of traveling through time to gather things for me, which is what I mainly sent him to do.

"Laplace, what do you have for me?"

"Lady Aeon, I have retrieved for you chocolates from the legendary chocolatier Billy Honka."

"Thank you Laplace, you can rest for now."

Setting Horatia down, I threw the box of chocolates on the pile of random items I stole from different time periods and went to visit the final member of my little troop, the Forever young caterpillar, Absolem, who I had infused with temporal energy myself. She was currently smoking a hookah from the 1950's, something she did almost every second.

"Hello Absolem, Have you figured out where the rest of humanity went?"

"Oh! Hello Lady Aeon, Yes, After observing this fragment of sky for a while, I deduced that humanity may have been scattered among the stars. We'll need a way to travel them if we want to find them."

"Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember seeing a purple portal open behind my best friend when the sky broke. I'll see if I can't create a portal to her location."

Over the course of my time in the paused world, which I now called the Broken Eternity, I discovered my talent for Spatial magic, and fusing it with my mastery over temporal magic, I was capable of teleporting anywhere instantly. I channeled my endless temporal energy into the fabric of time bending it gently to find the temporal signature of my best friend, Gaia, a girl with enough life energy in her body that immortality was something she was known for.

Feeling a faint signal in the fabric of time, I created scissors from my spatial magic and cut the fabric of time creating a portal directly to Gaia.

"Everyone, We can finally leave this broken world! Laplace, could you gather my things? Horatia, You can exit your cat form now, Absolem, I believe we may have found a way to get you to pupate."

From behind me all three appeared, Laplace with my things, all of which I placed in my Spatial Storage, Horatia, who was in her human form, a wide toothy smile on her excited face, and Absolem, who finally put down the hookah and scooted her large abdomen over to me. With a deep breath, I stepped through the portal, my hope was that Gaia would be on the other side.

Appearance of the Wonderland Squad, or the Eternity Crew.

Spoiler

Laplace:

Horatia:

Absolem:

Aeon:

[collapse]

3