Origins
256 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**On Earth, sometime in the 21st Century**

Xenos, was walking down the street minding his own business, when he hears a "boom" and multiple "screeches" from tires. Turning around due to the sudden loud noises he sees that a truck hit a pole, and the cars behind had immediately stopped to see if the driver wasn't injured.

'Wow' thought Xenos as he shook his head and continued walking, he saw that the truck driver had hopped out, seemingly delirious from intoxication.

He really wanted to get home before anyone from his family did, due to some virus circulating globally they'd probably scold him, luckily they were at work. He walked through a large park to view the scenery while reading some novels on his phone. Of course taking some pictures to show his little sister, Lilith, who was at their cousin's house currently.

"Ah I'm back", he said aloud knowing no one was home yet. Looking at his watch he realized his parents were probably going to take a couple of hours to get home, 'typical', he thought.

He sort of wanted to play some COD as his friends wanted to squad up with him, 'Nahhhh maybe tomorrow' he thought as he ignored their text messages.

He went to his study room thinking of reading a novel or doing some studying; he knew his parents wanted a good future for him and he kind of liked doing Math.

After about an hour of self-study he got bored so he began reading some novels, he's been through thousand over thousands of chapters, going through novels with tags like overpowered, strong from the start, harem, r-18, etc.

Getting bored after a while he stared at the ceiling with a blank expression thinking about when his turn will come, he soon scoffed at the thought as it was an unbelievable tale that could occur.

"Ring, Ring" goes his phone, he knew it was his little sister as all other contacts would just vibrate besides his family members and a few friends. Putting his hand in his pocket to get the phone, he took it out and answered, " What".

On the other end Lilith said, "Are you going to come over Xenos? We're watching a movie with superheroes."

He told her he'd come in a bit as his cousins house was literally three houses away, as his family and them were really close, to the point that they've been buying several houses in the city together.

Getting up he took a shower for 20-30 minutes and dried himself off, wore a sweater and pants, put on some socks, once his shoes were on he left.

On his way to their house which took only a minute at most, he felt a chill, looking to his left was the park, a small forest covered in fog was there, it was disturbingly quiet, with a chill running down his spine he made it to his cousins house.

At the door he rung the bell, seeing it wasn't working he just entered in the numbers to the keypad to unlock the door, walking in he heard nothing, utter silence. He thought since they were watching a movie they probably went to the basements theater room, but the house felt a bit chilly, he'd probably tell them to turn up the heat since they could just do it from their phones. Walking to the stairs that led to the basement he walked down, thinking this better be a good movie since he's spent all this time getting here, not knowing that the back door to the house was open.

Walking downstairs he started hearing noises, thinking it was just everyone enjoying the movie he went down the hall. On his way he say all the doors open, 'annoying', he thought as they should close the doors, needlessly keeping it open.

Once at the theater room which was the only door closed, he heard muffled noises coming from within. Slowly opening the door without making noise he saw a seen he'd never want to see, his Aunt, Uncle and their kids on the floor bleeding out, unconscious.

At the other side of the room he sees his sister being held up from her neck, gasping for air. The culprit masked, but tall, around 6'4" being a little taller than Xenos was eyeing Lilith, so Xenos quietly zoomed behind a couch near them. His sister was kicking and punching trying to break free, seeing her not in her usual adorable-self angered Xenos further. He ran at the man and pushed him into the wall, his sister falling onto the ground crying.

The culprit disoriented, not from the hard push but from hitting his head against the wall, was clutching his head with one hand, the other pushing himself off the ground.

Xenos saw a glint from the culprits pocket, 'a knife', he thought, as he lunged for it, successfully attaining it before the culprit would do anything. He looked at his hand clutching the knife, covered in blood with some of the silver reflecting in his eyes he knew what should be done.

"Swoosh", he thrusted the knife towards the culprits head, "Ahhhhhh", the masked man screamed as the knife went through the ski mask but glided from his forehead to the right. Yanking back the knife, he plunged it into the mans knees. Quickly pulling out the knife Xenos ran to his sister, grabbing her and headed for the stairs, then for the door.

Once outside he told his sister to run home and call the police, crying she nodded and ran towards their home, seeing her back he gave a melancholy smile with wet eyes, he tightened his grip on the knife and headed back to finish the job.

As he re-entered through the door he heard loud but inconsistent thumping, knowing who it was he hid behind the wall, beside the stairs.

As it got louder he knew it was time, he impaled his victim in the gut, but this time too afraid to pull it back, he let go, and walked backwards to gain some distance. The man took out the knife bleeding all over clutched his gut, and looked at Xenos with a killing intent. Xenos ran out with the man limply running behind, but fast.

Following closely behind our protagonist into the park and entering the dull forest. Xenos once entering went behind a tree and hid while grasping his mouth to not let out any sounds, the culprit passed by him going forward, sadly with adrenaline and fear pumping through his veins Xenos thought he could land a blow to kill the man once and for all.

Slowly creeping behind the masked man he kicked him as hard as he could into his knees, the man fell down clutching his legs, screaming. Xenos not satisfied sent a kick into the mans stomach, seeing the man still masked pissed him off, as he yanked off the mask he saw a normal looking guy, someone you'd see down the street, and he realized what was the point in killing him like this, it would only make him a murderer.

Watching the man bleed out, the man stared back at Xenos, and he gave a slight grin. "Snikt", Xenos looked down and saw a metallic gray blade pierced through his abdomen dripping in blood. "Ahhhhhhh", yelled Xenos as it was pulled back, he collapsed on the floor holding onto his stomach.

Seeing the blood pouring out he thought if this is karma for trying to be vengeful, for trying to selfishly seek satisfaction from someone who killed his blood relatives, and nearly taking his beloved sister, 'no', he would do it again if he had the chance. The only regret he had was not seeing his cute sister growing up, and thinking if she'll mourn for him after he's gone, he closed his eyes.

"Wee Oh Wee Oh", slightly opening his eyes he sees white, medical equipment, he was on a stretcher in an ambulance, he fainted.

Opening his eyes again he see that he's in a room, presumably a hospital bed, looking to his right he see's a large window with washed out clouds and dreary looking sky.

He looks towards the left side of the bed it's his sister, Lilith, asleep with dried up tears streaking down from her eyes, seeing her like this brought sorrow to his heart, he caresses her head trying to soothe her as he once again closes his eyes.

Waking up he sees the room empty, his sister gone but an imprint on the bed from he. Then he looks to his right seeing a desolate dark sky, he stared at the lonely crescent moon for what seemed like hours till he heard, "Hey...Hey boy", hearing this voice coming from towards the front of his bed was a woman, floating.

His eyes glowed from the aura she radiated, he was surprised but not moved from her beautiful appearance.

"What" he dejectedly replied.

"I have come to give you a choice, a wish you could say", she said staring at him looking down.

"Get the f*ck out you dumb b*tch, I'm not here for games" he said deeply.

Not angered she said, "I am here too grant you a opportunity mortal, I will not ask again".

Xenos thought about it briefly and responded with dead looking eyes, "Ok, before I accept what is the opportunity?".

Seeing this she said, "Either you accept or reject, then we shall speak about it."

He thought 'f*ck it, I don't got much to lose do I', then he answered, "I accept".

4