Devourer Of Blood
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening his eyes was nothing but a blank world of darkness.

"Did I die or something? Sia, where am I?" He says aloud.

"..."

"Sia."

He received no replies.

"Weird, maybe I really am dead."

He began looking around, unable to really see anything. Suddenly he saw a white shadow appear.

"Hey, wait," he called out.

The shadow seemed to float in a direction, then disappeared.

"What the hell"

He continued searching but all he could find were white shadows that mysteriously appear, only to disappear before he could reach them.

"God damn it. What the f*ck am I supposed to do?"

In the distance, he sees a mob of phantoms standing still. He ran forward to see what was happening. Getting closer they all dissipated once again. However, in their absence was a girl laying down, draped in white. He would think she was also a phantom except she seemed to have a physical body. As he got closer, the girl suddenly opened her eyes.

"Who are you?" he asked.

When she saw him she jetted away. After standing a few meters away from Xenos, she just stared at him with shadows still materializing and vanishing in the distance.

With this he got a better look at her, she looked perfect, yet there was an empty feeling he saw in her. She was fresh-faced, tan and petite with long obsidian hair that looked like a pitch-black abyss, her eyes a gloomy gray, it gave no reflections, showing desolation.

He once again asked, "Who are you?"

"I don't know..." She said with a pained look.

"Where are we? Can I leave?" She still wasn't able to say anything.

"Then do you know what those are?" As he pointed at a shadow that just appeared not too far off from where they were.

As she looked at the phantoms, she shook her head and hesitantly says, "I...I just feel my heartache, but I've forgotten what that feeling means."

"Damn then what am I supposed to do..." He thought.

Troubled with this situation he closes his eyes while looking upwards, clutching his head with both hands in frustration. After some thinking, he opened his eyes, only for the girl to have disappeared.

"F*ck."

Looking around once again he found the girl. Except now she had ghostly white hair. Staring at her, he felt like she was different, but knew it was the same girl.

"You've arrived." the girl said.

"Who are you?" He said though it was his third time.

"I am the Devourer Of Blood, the blade you had tremblingly wielded, unable to use."

"Then let me use you." He spoke deeply.

"Why would you need to use me, a weapon made for death? I sense no intent needed in you for slaughter."

"There is no need for me to tell you."

"I guess you're right. Then you don't need me, it seems."

"No I need you, enough with your wordplay, do you need my blood, soul, what is it?" He said thinking there was probably some soul contract or something.

"Indeed there is a contract, you must offer something, something important to you."

"Why would I do that? I can just get any other weapon."

"Ahhh yes you could, but they will never be me, I know you are fated for me, but that doesn't mean I need you. Without me, you will never wield a weapon with everything on the line."

Xenos grinded his teeth as his father had told him that this sword was likely the one for him when he was choosing his weapon. Sadly, it was some sort of demon blade, needing something from him.

"What is it that I can give you?" He said with a maddened voice.

"Truly that is the question, what is it that you can offer me? Maybe surrender the soul of the one most beloved to you. Wife, child, best friend, anyone dear to you."

"Impossible."

"Then you can gain the trust of an innocent, and then brutally break it. I don't want anything in particular, just that you cause havoc at times."

"That will never happen." He said, looking at her with distaste.

"This will be the last option I give you." She said smiling at him. "One eye, just one. The eyes are the window to the soul, but I give you the choice of one as I only need to open halfway to see."

"No, how about my blood, every time I wield you for power, you can drain me of my blood?"

"It is possible, your race has a desire for blood which sounds quite nice. However, I not only want your blood but others as well. When you wield me to grow stronger you must kill, give me the blood of those you battle. I will also set a curse, it will cause you to want to quench your thirst for blood, the further you battle the more blood you want to devourer."

"Where is the contract?" he said staring daggers at her.

"There is no contract, just drip your blood on your sword and it is complete."

"The sword?"

A familiar dark crimson blade suddenly appeared in front of him, floating vertically with the handle pointing upwards. He cut into his forearm, which then started dripping in blood, moving it to drop on the sword. As the blood poured onto the blade it slowly flowed around, making runes.

"That is enough."

He moved his hand away with the cut already healing. Staring at the runes on the blade, it appeared to seep into the blade, soon leaving nothing, not even a remnant of runes. Suddenly he felt a burning sensation on his right palm. The searing pain caused him to look at what was happening. On it appeared to be a curse mark forming. Once the pain faded away, there, it was a red crescent moon.

"That is your curse, Bane of Blood. Hope you like it."

Hearing her made him agitated, but there was nothing he could do. Looking at the sword he reached for it, now in his grasp, he felt a sense of oneness, with the ability to wave it around as if it was part of his arm. Then he looked at the girl. He still had unanswered questions.

"Where is your previous self?"

"The one with black hair? She is me, and I am her. She'll appear after you leave."

"All right, and where are we?"

"This is the domain of the sword, I've dragged your soul in here." She replied.

"How long have I been in here?"

"An instant, the moment you entered is the moment you leave outside this domain."

"What, how is that possible?" He thought.

"I want to leave now."

"Try closing your eyes."

As he closed his eyes, he suddenly felt pain. Opening them he saw his father once more. He was stuck in the wall.

Now with newfound power, he wielded the blade in his hand and launched himself off the wall towards Orion.

"Schwing." Both blades clashed with each other with sparks being seen where the contact occurred.

"Seems like you can brandish your weapon properly now," Orion said.

Xenos smiled before leaping away.

'Sia, you there?' He thought.

"Yes host, it seems you can handle your weapon now, but you seem different."

'Power comes at a cost. Now 'Show Missions'.' He replied seeing his father enjoying the cold wind.

<Missions>

Completed
Train with Orion in swordsmanship with fatal weapons.
Reward: Telekinesis Unlocked, 50 EXP

"Host you have also gotten a blessing."

'What a blessing it is. 'Show Blessings'.'

<Blessings>
Full Potential: Able to use all attributes and reach the limits
Bane of Blood: Quench your thirst for blood, the further you battle the more blood you want to devourer.
Power of Dominance(locked): Vampire bloodline blessing allows him to absorb defeated monster's souls.

"Interesting" As he felt a loss of blood from his body.

'Show Status'

<Status>
Name: Xenos Orpheus Ţepeş
Race: Dhampir (50% Human + 50%Vampire)
Age: 4 (Immortal)
Blood Points (BP): 7

Level: 6 (EXP: 20/1000)
Health Points (HP): 78/100
Mana Points (MP): 376/376
Strength: 180
Magic: 193
Speed: 166
Vitality: 172
Spirit: 148

'So nearly a quarter of my health is gone.'

"Yes host, 21 points of health was lost because of your father, 1 point of health seemed to have been sent to your Katana."

"Father, I can use my weapon now."

"It seems so, well we should head back, I got work to do."

They both then disappeared.

4