Vol.1 Ch.1| The Me Back Then
26 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People have regrets. There is no being in this world that doesn't have it. 

I also had many regrets. Not being able to save my closest people. Not being able to be with my people and so on. But still my biggest was not being able to save her.

 I regretted it from the moment I had lost her. Even in this dying moment, she... she was my one and... every...thin--

.

.

.

____

"Hey! Calaz wake up!!!"

?

"How long are you going to sleep, Calaz? It's almost 8. You have classes!"

???

Who and what is she saying? As wondering these words, I slowly open my eyes. And I see a short black haired kid, around 15, speaking some nonsense. 

"Thank God, you are awake. Now go and wash up. I already have your breakfast ready in kitchen."

As I regain my senses, I banked out. What was I seeing. She... my... My sister? What is this? Heaven?

"...what? Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Is this heaven?" 

"...what? Hey! What do you mean is this haven? Do you want to not go to school that much?!"

"Ehh?"

"Don't 'ehh' me. Go get ready. There isn't much time left!"

??? What? What the fuck is actually happening? What does she mean?

"H-hey, Kiri!"

"*Halt*...You little... When did you have the guts to say your sister by her name, huh?!"

"What?"

"You are what-ing me again? You stupid brother! Are you still dreaming??? It's been almost five minutes and now you are calling me by my name?"

... Now that I think about it. I did recall calling her as 'sis' when I was little. 

"Ummm, sis?"

"What?"

"How old are you again?"

"... You little! How dare you ask a lady about her age?"

While pouting, she was saying more and more. 

"Ok ok, my bad. But still how old are you today?"

"Huh? I am around 9 months into 15. Why?"

"No... nothing."

"Is that so. Are you sick or anything? Do tell, sis. I will tell you teacher about it."

"Ahh, n-no worries. I was just a bit distracted. Again my bad."

She still looks at me suspicious. 

"...ok. Now get ready and go to school."

"Yeah."

She exited as soon as she said her fill.

So, is this a dream? I heard poeple say that poeple think of their loved one in their death and sometimes even have flashbacks. Is it one of those? Let's act accordingly to it, I guess. 

I got up and got ready as I used to do back in the day. It was a pretty convincing feeling, yet nothing felt real. 

And my schedule was like always when I was a kid. If I remember correctly, I should be 8 now or so. So, I had school, sword training, and sometimes I hangout with some friends. 

I don't even remember most of the kids names i used to hang out with, so it was kind of hard to interact with them again. And there was this girl also... I think her name was... Bena? She looked at me strangely like I was an alien or something.

Even though it's a fleeting dream, everything felt so real... as if... no, nevermind. 

It was time for sword practice. I sat in a corner of the practice ground, as I saw a few kids practicing with the teachers. Then Bena came and sat next to me. 

"Hey, Calaz."

"Bena? What's wrong?"

"... Nothing. It's just that you are acting strangely today."

"...am I? Maybe I have matured" I said with a slight chuckle. 

Even though it's a dream, these interactions are getting too lively.

"Calaz! Come up, your turn!" The teacher yelled at me. 

"Well then, best of luck, Calaz."

"Ehh? I-is that so? Thanks?" I said confused, as I moved next to the teacher. 

'Why the luck though?' I thought. 

"What?" The teacher looked at me and said. 

"Yes? Oh, no, nothing Sir!"

"Okay! Let's continue! To your position!"

I got into a stance as he yelled again. It was a stance, I learnt throughout my journey as a adventurer. So, it was not common. 

"... What are you doing, Calaz? What's with that weird stance?" The teacher looked at me confused. Asking me about my stance. 

"Sir, it's a stance I saw not too long ago through an adventurer."

"Hmm~ is that so? Let's continue."

"Yes, sir!" And began the so called training. 

My stance allowed me to use my right hand as the main damage dealer, as I held that hand above my waist in a unique and weird angle. And my left hand was on the left of my waist to use a dagger or potion, in case of support.

So, I rushed at the teacher. He was a little frustrated, at my odd stance. But he got used to it quick and started hitting back. I can feel the rebound through the wooden small sword. 

'... Wait, what? Rebound? Feel?'

I was getting more confused by the minute. 

"What's wrong Calaz getting cold feet now?" The teacher provoked me. 

But I couldn't really say anything. It's getting weirder by the second. And his sword is also getting close. And finally it was aimed directly at my right hand. To be honest, I could block it. But-

*Baam*

"Owwww!" It hurts... It hurts! What the-

"?? Calaz! You okay?" The teacher exclaimed at the fact that he hit me. And it was a hard hit.

Many other trainers and students were coming to help me as I seemed to be in pain. They were looking worried and so on and a trainer carried me to the medic. 

But, I couldn't focus on that. I got hurt. I felt pain. I-I was feeling things, in a dream I was seeing as I am dying... 

What? 

What the fuck? 

What the hell is happening???

Tbc-

Hey! I am the author! This is a new series. Based on the same universe as another of my series. 

Currently it's a test run. I am not sure if I'll even continue writing this story. 

But for now I'll release 3 chapters trying to explain as much and as little of the story availability.

Do comment and like these chapters, to tell me how you feel about this series. If the feed back is positive, I'll continue the series slowly but with a good pace unlike these first three chapters. 

Let me know about it. <3

5