Chapter 1: Monkey Typing
35 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times.

However, the probability that monkeys filling the entire observable universe would type a single complete work, such as Shakespeare's Hamlet is so tiny that the chance of it occurring during a time is hundreds of thousands of orders of magnitude longer than the age of the universe. The chance is extremely low but it's 'technically not zero'.

With one monkey already having the probability of not failing, what if there were an infinite number of monkeys?

Infinite monkeys that are infinitely typing away at an infinite amount of works. Surely, one of those monkeys would result in having the answer to everything conceivable and inconceivable.

It would be extremely extreme in the extremist of chances that it will happen but 'technically not zero'.

----------

When infinities, monkeys, and typewriters are foregone, we have a young boy in 1988, absentmindedly typing codes on his late father's computer.

Father Creed was a hopeful that wanted to follow in the footsteps of Jobs and Gates. Unfortunately, he died in an accident along with his wife. Leaving his programming teachings as his legacy and remembrance to his young son.

The black background with the codes in green front was completely striking in contrast. Young Alexander did not care much about the input he was plugging and only imagined that his father was right by his side, dictating commands and sequences.

Absentminded and depressed, young Alexander hadn't noticed the miraculous dance of 0s and 1s in his monitor.

11-year-old Alexander Creed was oblivious that he had achieved an infinite monkey theorem scenario. Instead of typing all of Hamlet, he had coded an aspect of the unknown.

The dance of 0s and 1s abruptly ended as the young boy dozed off from nostalgic exhaustion.

The miracle ended... or has it?

----------

34 years later. January of the year 2022.

Alexander Creed was young no more and became a 44-year-old shut-in. Would be turning 45 by the 30th day of the month.

The same as when he was on that fateful day, he was in front of the computer and typing codes on a program.

"What a life?" He said to himself as he typed away. Instead of reminiscing about his father's teaching, this time, he reminisced on his life.

The black background on the screen along with green-fonted characters dance away as he looked back on his past through his memories.

His fingers danced at whatever key they could press as he became absentminded with melancholy.

His grandpa took care of him after his parents died and it led to an interesting, fruitful, and weird early teenage years.

Growing up in San Fernando Valley would lead to such situations. He found fun again but never really forgot his interest in codes and computers.

When he turned 18, the loss came to him again as Grandpa Creed could not overcome the inevitable.

With grief and loneliness, he charged on toward life. College came around and he polished his computer wizardry toward the professional level.

He greeted love along the way but it did not stick much. Being a computer geek and growing up in San Fernando Valley, wired him in a different circuit than his ex-girlfriends.

Graduation and work eventually came around the corner.

He got a diploma, left Silicone Valley, and became a fish in water within the booming Silicon Valley. He was versatile and skilled enough to be able to bounce around programming jobs in those numerous money-burning companies.

He didn't join top companies because they were too snub for his tastes. At least he relished in the experimental approaches of those in the lower rung.

These companies were more geared towards breaking monopolies and taking over the top spot in their respective fields.

Meeting different people, different companies, and different bosses really opened his eyes to what the world could throw at him.

When the internet bubble bursted and NASDAQ took a hit from 9/11, he got to see the dispensability of others and the importance of skills.

As others got laid off with companies being bankrupt, he was still a good asset with skills being diversified and improved.

He got to work with malware, games, browsers, websites, add-ons, plug-ins, and wherever the computer and codes would take him.

His time as a hacker and diving deeper into the Dark Web and Darker Web was also an experience worth learning from.

He wasn't at the top in these things, as they need team coordination and extreme IQ, but he was still above average.

All in all, it was fruitful and inspiring. Until envy and jealousy came flooding towards him for some inexplicable reason.

Everyone became noticeably colder and harsh on him. He never bothered to find out the reason, he just never really cared.

Apparently, some laid-off bozo or bozos thought it was fun to spread a rumor that everything Alexander Creed does is perfunctory and flawed which led to many companies he worked with being bankrupt.

Some verificators and conspiracy hunters even compiled his working record. When the record showed that at least 88% of the companies he worked with were closed down. The rumors became true for gullible people.

The insistence on working with experimental companies that are more likely to become bankrupt eventually came to bite him back.

When broadband, video streaming, Bitcoins, and Siri boomed, he had already divested himself from trying to get into companies that are alienating him and became a company of his own.

With computers and the handy Internet, Alexander Creed became a work-at-homer before Corona forced everyone to work at home.

With his online persona, keshafan77, he became a consultant and a pirate. Not at the level that Luffy is hoping to achieve, but enough looting abilities to survive, live in luxural content, and not get caught.

Consultant for website and program debugging for the good side and became a video streaming pirate for the dark side of things.

This is just going to be plain horrendous and disgusting than my main work.

You've been warned!

2