Chapter 16: Trajectory
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter how much Alexander denies it, he still reached the next filming location that would be outfitted with higher-level McAllister defenses.

The huge mansion that was meant for 'The Orphaned Young Richlet' was repurposed for a McAllister adventure.

Alexander did not know who the owner was but the grandness of the place made him know the extent of his grandfather's connections.

He hadn't investigated much about his past life and it is quite an achievement to explore it now.

Either way, the owner might be someone from England or an erotica enthusiast that found camaraderie in his ero-manipulating grandfather.

Everyone didn't delay much under Sullivan's orders and were quick to set up.

The cast had much more leeway with the wait and focus on their scripts. Continuous filming was taxing for Miss Megan and Alexander, so the set breaks helped with the coping.

"Hi! Miss Miss." Alexander gave his joking greeting and sat in his designated chair. Having a weird name like Miss was bound to be a target of teasing

"Hello to you, my darling son." Miss Megan countered with her signature quip. She did not want to lose to a young boy, however smart and mature he conveys himself to be.

The make-up team was used to their teasing banter and got to work. The mom and son duo exchanged their acting lines and familiarized together with the script.

"By the way, Alexander! Why don't I see the new actors yet?" Miss suddenly asked after noticing their loneliness in this area. She was used to having tens of co-stars to mingle with, so the loss of others was disconcerting.

"Grandpa said that we can film our partnered scenes first as the actors are still traveling in."

"Oh." Miss nodded in understanding but still said. "I'm mostly curious about the little girl that is going to be your partner. She needs to be as precocious and active as Kevin."

"I'm actually quite curious, too." Alexander had participated in most cast selections but the third movie was too far along that he and his grandfather left it to the designated assistant director.

For this Home Alone series, each movie had an assistant director to balance the management of all five films.

No matter how skilled Sullivan was, designated work to others was more conducive to his filming rhythm.

It also helped with productivity. While Sullivan would be busy with the production of the next few films, the assistant directors of the finished productions would already start with preliminary post-productions.

-------

Eventually, the new actors and villains arrived. They were still the no named people who hadn't made a mark on future Hollywood, which disappointed Alexander a bit.

Having future superstars in these films would have helped with the rewatchability of the films.

When future people find out that Will Smith, Nicole Kidman, and Leonardo DiCaprio were in the Home Alone movies, the sales of DVDs would surely skyrocket.

Farther along the line, if they find out that Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot, and Ryan Reynolds are in the Home Alone movies, the rewatchability on streaming services would be high.

Unfortunately, they were originated as a San Fernando Valley production team and relatively quite secretive, so luring future gold stars was quite unlikely.

Alexander only hoped that his current co-stars would have an upward trajectory in stardom.

-------

Production started and continued as usual. The behind-the-scenes progress, however, was noticeably slow as tampering with a multimillion mansion was a pressure weighing on the crew's shoulders.

With Sullivan's guarantee on them as the owner's friend, everything returned to usual speed.

It also helped that the caterers of the mansion sponsored the crew with good food. It wasn't luxurious but it was tastier than what they usually ate on set.

-------

For the 3rd Home Alone movie, improvises and fixed upon the flaws of 'Home Alone 4: Taking back the House'.

Instead of using new actors to play Kevin and the McAllisters, the Creeds stuck to continuity with the growing Alexander fitting into a ten-year-old Kevin.

There was no divorce plot and a rich mistress, just another unfortunate coincidence where Kevin is left behind again.

A series of work events on Kate McAllister's job leads her to leave Kevin on her boss's estate.

They were supposed to have a son-and-mother bonding time but Kate's lady boss had to call her over to her house and discuss work.

Ultimately, the lady boss and Kevin's mother have to leave hurriedly for an unplanned business trip.

Kevin is left to the care of the old mansion butler and a spoiled, rich girl. Father McAllister was to take Kevin home but a series of events delay him.

The lady boss is used to leaving her daughter alone while Kate is too scared of leaving Kevin alone. It's not that she's scared of someone harming Kevin but the other way around.

Kevin's reputation as a trouble magnet would not be tainted as thieves plan to steal the mansion's riches.

Kevin work together with the spoiled girl to trap the thieves. His skill set and the girl's knowledge of her mansion sets up the theme as collaborative.

Things won't go as smoothly as in the first films as the old butler turns out to be the mastermind all along.

This follows much of the plot from the original movie plop but it still subverts the expectation of children.

Kevin's trust in elderlies from interacting with Marley would be betrayed by the old butler.

Like any other film, Kevin wins in the end with the masterful use of his improved traps.

The lady boss and Kate McAllister would also come to teach others about caring and acquiescing to their children.

The girl wants attention while Kevin wants a little freedom.

It is a movie filled with deus ex machinas, a cruel plot twist, and opposing character development.

It isn't anything great but it was more than enough to resist the downfall trajectory that the original Fox series had.

-------

The film wrapped within a month but the team was much more skillful in trap design and action sequence.

There would be no doubt that the last 2 films would have a much easier flow to it.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0