Chapter 18: Resort Theme
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Creed's version of Home Alone 4 traces inspiration from the Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore movie called Blended.

Alexander didn't take the mixed family theme of the resort but the focused attractions that separated adults and kids.

Buzz would have his own special ark as his chubby body could be mistaken for an adult but his real age wasn't even close to one.

The kid-themed resort would have their caretakers infiltrated by treasure hunters while the rest of the adults would have their no-kids trip.

The treasure hunters who wanted to dig from the ultra-popular resort only had this time to take the treasure they believe to be within the premise of the resort.

The bastard uncle Marv, who adamantly planned this getaway, had something to do with the antagonists.

Of course, Kevin would be stuck in the middle of trouble again and rally a summer camp level of kids against a number of treasure hunters and their heavy-duty equipment.

They win and Kevin slowly bonds with his siblings. It could be the cheesiest premise among the films but it is a new concept in the early 90s and was too familiar with the Goonies.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

Most of the attraction that the movie would have is the future-inspired beach games that Kevin is going to enjoy himself in.

Intricately built sandcastles and a sand snowman would be a refreshing scene when the movie would hopefully be screened during the snowy winter season.

The resort was chosen by the Creed duo solely due to the presence of pieces of equipment that still hasn't been taken away by the construction company.

It only needed rental fees and film editing magic to be dealt with by kids.

The extra bonus from choosing the location is the abundance of local children that were granted a free pass to the resort as a promotion. The crew just had to organize them a bit as background actors.

-------

When the resort owners saw the potential of the films, they drew inspiration from the script and planned to gear their service to what the imaginary resort failed on.

Whether they fail or boom in their exciting venture, Alexander didn't concern himself with it.

Ideally, it's plausible to have others babysit children on a vacation resort while the adults have their own fun.

Realistically, it would still need a lot of well-trained caretakers and the complete trust of paranoid parents to agree with it.

When the millennials become parents, this type of service resort will probably be profitable.

-------

Most of the filming highlighted Kevin's use of a floaty and a heavy object to balance himself on a certain height underwater.

A long extendable hose connected to his snorkel would provide enough for breathing. Hence, Kevin's coral-viewing experience would be subliminal for the audience.

Underwater video cameras were the behind the scene advertisement in this scenario. They did this to encourage other filmmakers to do it. Sullivan's persuasion got him a free reign on the rent.

Another highlight is Kevin's self-built cooler slash beach snatcher. Alexander got the idea from the Dwayne Johnson-led Baywatch movie.

Instead of stealing money, this was used to steal other kids' toys.

When he finally stocked up a lot of bubble mixtures, he pooled them together and had fun with kids to make giant bubbles that can encapsulate people.

He would tamper with a bully lifeguard's sunscreen and sunburn the guy when he slept.

There would be the chubby sand mermaid courtesy of Kevin. Buzz would ask himself to be buried as all other kids would and Kevin just took his part in creativity.

In this movie, Kevin would create sand skippers and insanely skip stones on the seawater with a Mark Rober level of science to it.

Drawing inspiration from Mark Rober again, Alexander included the Watermelon smoothie.

When adults would be baffled about an advertisement drill being brought to the beach, Kevin simply fitted it to hold a wire. Made a hole in the melon, poked the wire, and smoothie-d the inside out.

Just as the NASA engineer turned Youtuber idolized Kevin McAllister, Alexander turned the tides on themselves.

There would be a lot of high jinks like those that always capitalized on the charm of Kevin. He is the envy of kids because he gets to do and knows things that they don't.

When Kevin uses the physics of planes and inclination to tip excavators, that charm would be magnified.

When Kevin uses diet coke and mentos as a weapon against enemies, he feels relatable yet new.

It had to be specially mentioned that his grandfather actually got a big check for the Coca-Cola advertisement.

Coca-Cola must be an advertiser for San Fernando Valley movies for the old man to have that connection.

Alexander's pirate streaming wanted to make use of that contact but Coca-Cola was too smug to take part in unsanctioned sites.

The shooting of those ingenious scenes breezed by with the crew's familiarity. The challenge that dragged the filming longer is the heavy-duty equipment and the mass of children.

Managing a lot of hyperactive children was a hassle while flipping a rented heavy-duty loader was a tedious process of camera magic.

When most of the human scenes were done, most of the cousin actors went home to resume their lives while the sibling actors also went home but were on standby for the final movie.

While the crew was busy with the more technical retakes, Alexander took the time to enjoy the beach and relax. He had a busy summer and a belated celebration of it wasn't too bad.

He wasn't the only one who wanted the vacation as a lot of freer crew members enjoyed the care of the accommodating resort.

When word spread to the surroundings that a movie crew was filming in the resort, traffic boomed and the resort owners were more than happy to upgrade their treatment to be somewhat close to the VIP level.

The allure of movies and sets was high in this era, so finding out the mystery of directors and actors was a great topic.

After two days of relaxation, the crew finally wrapped and the next location was their next destination.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0