Chapter 20: Normalcy and Ambition
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finishing up an entire series of movies within half a year was a monumental achievement.

At the start of writing the script, Alexander was confident enough to finish it all without hassle.

After all, it seemed less daunting than the 8 episode seasons that Netflix is constantly churning. With all those episodes averaging to about 50 minutes, each of those episodes were kind of movies of their own.

When the filming was officially in the works, Alexander wanted to scream in frustration and give up. Each production had highs and lows that set it apart from each movie.

Movies and television shows were of a different breed. They may be similar but they weren't the same.

When all of the filmings ended, the heavy load that he bore on his shoulder was finally let go and young Alexander quickly found the free time to recompose himself.

He didn't lose himself to playing Kevin like some acting nutcase, he just got sick of playing the part and the responsibilities during production.

While his after-classes were set for dubbing work, the time in school was to convene himself with the crowd and appreciate the normalcy.

It would seem that he really wanted to detach himself from the craziness of the past month.

-------

"Hey, Creed! You were absent for about a month, dude. Do you have cancer?" A classmate asked.

"If you are, is it contagious?" Another classmate chimed while visibly taking a step back.

"Not really. Just took an informed leave to help my grandfather with his work." Alexander just quenched their curiosity while cozying himself on his desk. His lazy look drew some hearts from admiring girls.

"What kind of work does your grandfather do, anyway? Why do you have to help?"

"If your gramps is a farmer, I also want to leave these boring classes and just help my grandpa with his farm." The chiming classmate added to express his wish.

"If that is your plan, I suggest you stop yourself. Even when I was working with the old man, assignments and projects still need to be done." Alexander broke his fantasy without mercy.

"Oh man! Stupid school just doesn't go away." That classmate could only complain.

The bell rang to start the next period and their conversation abruptly ended. Alexander successfully hid his acting job and he also knew that the head teacher kept her word with regards to confidentiality.

Bragging rights and fame was fun and all but it would be too much for an introvert like him to cope with. It takes time to digest and he didn't want to suffer from vanity indigestion like all the child stars or any other normal actor out there.

------

Eventually, progress was continuing and the dubbing work for the two last movies was finally done.

Alexander didn't concern himself much with the editing work as they would most likely be shelved for four or more years.

Perhaps only confident people like the Creeds would produce films, store them for years, and believe that they would age like fine wine.

Major studios were all about shoot and releasing in succession that back-to-back filmings were a rarity.

The Creed's back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back filming would be SSS-tier in rarity if there ever was one.

The major studios were too reliant on audience feedback and reception that their planned sequels would ultimately lose most of their charm.

Perhaps the most successful continuous filmings would be Peter Jackson's tributes to Tolkien. Alexander could only hope that the Home Alone movies would have a fraction of that success.

--------

Aside from blending on school grounds, Alexander's most effective method to deal with filming absurdities is one he is best in.

Coding and programming.

With dubbing out of the way, he had long tucked his little coding snippet of listed plans and designed a new program.

It wasn't anything near the level of his shoddy Microsoft Word work. He just wanted to type out all the commands he remembered.

This command listing was the perfect rehearsal for the next steps he would take to reach his goals.

Movies were fun and all but they were just there to help balloon their family's worth and serve as a preliminary introduction to the world.

The coding also helps block out the worries and gave him a one-track focus. He was also careful this time around as he didn't want to wander too much into absentmindedness.

"Connecting past and future were already trippy enough. Going through another big event would be too much for me."

-------

The little boy's battle to seek a semblance of normalcy ensued.

On the other hand, the old Grandpa was steering into the level of crazy.

As actors accumulate pressure, the director would bear even more load than any other crew member, which is why the director's roar was a commonality among all of them.

Old Sullivan Creed was of a different breed than everybody. He just went with the flow because the stress of work awakened his past glory.

Working in the freezing cold and under the hot sun did not faze him at all. Complicated snipping and compiling of the recordings were taken in strides.

He had a great management method and the workload he took in was within his acceptable range. Being swept by pressure was no trouble for someone who has experienced ups and downs like him.

Victory is within sight for him and surpassing his past is just a matter of time.

"Those snobby producers, closed-off grouping relating to nationalities, and monopolistic studios would be surprised with what I have in stall." Sullivan grinned in business deviousness. Under the lamplight of his table, the Creed patriarch showed off his domineering mannerism despite his old age.

"When all is done and dusted, their tricks would just be drizzling at best. Even if they turn their firepower on me and manage to strike me down, an grown and much more terrifying talent would take over." The old man could only chuckle after this villainous speech.

He can gauge the immense material and industrial benefits of Home Alone, however, he can't find the limits of the 11-year-old that birthed the concept.

Alexander, in the eyes of his spoiling grandfather, was the better version of every other Creed that once existed.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0