Chapter 26: Distribution
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As a matter of fact, I do have a distribution company." Sullivan grinned like a child after seeing his normally stoic grandson's admiration.

"How did you do it? I imagine that poaching from existing distribution companies must be hard. Their severance fee is high and during their transfer, they must have asked for a substantial increase in salary than they previously have." Alexander was oozing curiosity at this point.

"How did the major studios not notice your movement and make countermeasures about it? Where did you find the time to assess all that when we were too caught up with all the filming?"

"One at a time, Alex!" Sullivan sheeshed but his smug look could not be hidden. "Why even poach from others when you could just hire people into the position? All those severance pays and salary increases would just inflate the poached talent's ego and burn through your wallet."

"There should be lay-offs from the major studios but those people should either be incompetent or not have much knowledge about the core of film distribution channels." Alexander muttered. "Even if you are lucky enough to find an acceptable candidate. They would be far too few and needs a lot of time to scour from the employment centers."

"Alex, I didn't poach but I also did not nitpick on other companies' leftovers." The old man smugly boasted. "I merely took over a friend's dying business and transformed it to fit my needs. It took a while to make it happen but relatively simple when you get the hang of it."

And so, his grandfather retold his glory days as any other old man would to his relative.

Only that these glory days were just a few couple months back interspersed with true glory days from his youth.

-------

Distribution is the process of making a product or service available for the consumer or business user who needs it.

This can be done directly by the producer or service provider or using indirect channels with intermediaries.

It is a very standard factor in the field of business. One makes a product and the distributor makes sure that it reaches the consumer via the product maker itself or an intermediary.

In the field of film, the movie is the product, the distribution company is without doubt the distributor, the theaters are the intermediary, and the consumer is the moviegoer.

As a standard businessman, Sullivan knows the ins and outs of distribution quite masterfully.

His strategic distribution capability is what made his England business a major success. Grandma Creed made and designed clothing while old Sullivan marketed it.

When Grandma Creed died, Sullivan had to shift his distribution focus unto the manufacturing side of things.

He got good at handling both and the clothing empire boomed even further.

Unfortunately, his response to the competition was unsatisfactory and he had to migrate in defeat.

Presently, he is transferring his skills to the film industry and he quickly got the hang of it.

On the manufacturing side of things, he had already produced five films with extremely low cost and extremely high-profit potential.

On the distribution side of things, he had gotten the hang of it and achieved an impressive box office champion as his manipulative debut.

As for how he made a film distribution company from scratch, he did not.

Just like he said, he merely took over an existing distribution business and transformed it.

It was fitting as he transformed his clothesline business style and fitted it with the film business. However, Sullivan did not transform a clothing distribution line into film distribution.

What he transformed was closely related to the film industry but relatively distanced from it. When Hollywood was sleeping on the potential of the porn industry, Sullivan capitalized on it.

He kitted out his friend's porn distribution group and made it turn its contacts unto the theaters of the country.

When Lionsgate and Dreamworks Pictures are cultivating their domestic distribution step-by-step, the Creeds got an incredible headstart.

The taken-over porn distribution group has secure access to the videotape industry in all states despite its illegal and shady routes.

All that Sullivan had to do was give them an offer to be able to join the light side and their enthusiasm peaked.

The AMC Theater with close ties to the majors was hard to convince but the smaller and standalone theaters could not resist the persuasion of enthused former porn film dealers.

Thus, the 1,000 theater opening for Home Alone was achieved and the bump into 1,200 was them overcoming their limits.

After a few months of consolidation and management, Sullivan is confident enough to perfect the distribution company, Creed Distributions!

From the glorious CreedWears and its downfall to the stability of Creed Film Equipments, the recent establishment of Creed Films, and the addition of Creed Distributions. Alexander who was planning to make a family empire, suddenly found himself being part of one.

Sullivan's devious Creed Distributions apparently haven't and wouldn't be able to stop itself just at the country.

His San Fernando Valley contacts have long been cemented and the porn industries of other countries would not stop themselves from being disturbed.

Japan's sex mecca, Soviet Union's crumbling state, Europe's noble underbelly, China's blooming babes, Korea's artificial beauty hub, Latin-American sensualities, and so much more.

The porn industry is detestable, hidden, and perfectly complete. It is a worldwide unrecorded country for the men and women of culture.

A lot are dissatisfied with their despised status quo and Sullivan's targeted recruitment was their chance at a much more legal life.

All that these sex film dealers need to do was negotiate favorable terms for movie releases to their country's theater companies and most local distribution companies, monitor its progress, collect the dividends, and collate it all to the head company.

It was a piece of cake compared to sneaking into adult-oriented shops and hoping not to get caught.

All the while that the major studios are hedging amongst themselves on how to scam Creed Films about the overseas release of Home Alone.

Creed Distributions International was already lobbying and negotiating with foreign theater groups. The scope of reach was too complete that it had already overtaken the incomplete overseas distribution level of Walt Disney.

The only glaring weakness of Creed Distributions was the marketing, propaganda, and advertising department but that should be fixed soon enough under Sullivan's intervention. The peripheral department is also something at the ground level.

One can't expect porn film experts to have connections on media channels after all. Everything wasn't bound to be perfect but it was perfect enough for the two-person Creed family.

This is just going to be plain horrendous, silly, and more disgusting than my main trashy work.

You've been warned!

0