Chapter 1 The False Hope
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Page 1 FIRST STEP

'Finally, the day had arrived' Hoilsten had woken up in the 'bedroom'. It can be hardly called a room as it is just a cave with a flat floor and plants growing here and there.

The room was dark with two dim orb lights on both sides, filled with children sleeping all about age under 10.

Hoilsten went to see the adult side of the room. It was empty. 'It is empty, I guess brother is the one going to wish me first.' Hoilsten went out of the room to see 'brother'.

It was Hoilstens 12th birthday.

While going on the pathway, he confronted an adult. Hoilsten could tell she is an adult not only because... well she is an adult but also because she wore a dress with a flower picture on it, as it sort of identity.

Whereas, Hoilsten wore a dress with only a round of petals on it signifying he is a child. The woman ran towards Hoilsten, who was raising his both hands, smiling. The woman lifted him and said "Happy Birthday Hoilsten!" Energetically, "You are going to be a young adult today!"

"Yes, Mother!" Hoilsten said as energetically as his mother. Hoilsten's mother dropped him on the floor gently,

"Why have you come here, Hoilsten? Do you need anything?" Mother asked.

Hoilsten was a little tensed but then he noticed that he is near the fitness room, "I...I was searching for mother and father!" Hoilsten replied."Where is the father?" Hoilsten quickly changed the subject.

"Good morning Hoilsten" Hoilsten heard it from behind, he looked back,

"Father!" Hoilsten ran towards him just like his mother did and hugged his father.

His father came to his eye level and said "Happy Birthday Hoilsten" with a smile."Also." His father tapped on Hoilsten's cheek." You know you can only enter workout today only for the test"

"I just want-"Hoilsten was intrupped.

"You will become a Young adult." his father placed his hands on Hoilsten's shoulder. "I know you will. Just don't overdo it."

Hoilsten felt a little bad for lying.' Don't worry Hoilsten, everybody will know after the test.' Hoilsten said to himself, 'At least brother plan won't be spoiled-'

"Okay, Hoilsten." his mother interrupted Hoilsten's thoughts, "Go and take bath. You have to be ready for the ceremony!" his Mother excitingly said.

"mmm," Hoilsten smiling replied with a nod.

Hoilsten went across the bedroom where there was a pool of water which is oozing out of the water source from one side. There was no one except Hoilsten. Hoilsten took a bucket (made of clay) of water and poured it on his head and said "Bathing done."

Hoilsten looked down as his hair dripped water, 'Finally, I will become a young adult' told himself with a cheesy grin on his face. 'I can do this.''

He went to the dining 'room', where he could see three adults and two young adults doing the preparation, knowing his 'brother' was not there he sneaked out of the room and move towards their meeting place.

Hoilsten gets to see his friend Katina 'i should not talk to her, then I won't be able to meet him.' he thought to himself and started moving, 'But...' Hoilsten slowed down,' It is my 12th birthday. Maybe she could...'.Katina noticed him.

"Hey, Happy birthday Hoilsten!" Katina said and waved her hand.

"Thank you!" Hoilsten replied. Both of them smiled. Katina came towards

'oh no!' Hoilsten was getting nervous as he doesn't know what to do.

"Just remembered I have to do some final preparation."

"...", before Katina could say anything Hoilsten went off.

"Oh... it's okay all the best" Katina told Hoilsten.

"yeah, bye. sorry..." Hoilsten felt sad about this but moved towards the training room.

.

.

.

Thotrin, as usual, sits on its own in the leisure room, whereas other children play with each other.

"Thotrin!" Katina called at him at the entrance of the room

"Hi," replied Thotrin seeing her coming toward him.

"Hey, do you think Hoilsten is different, lately?"

"No. I-" Thotrin was interuppted by Katina

"Never mind," Katina said as she predicted the response. " Hoilsten now, at the time of the test, he is not resting!"

"Oh."

"That is all your reaction? you know what, we gonna stop him as it is against the rules." Katina declared.

"I think I will-"

"No time to think! Let's go!" Katina while running made sure he was following her.

Meanwhile, Hoilsten is in an isolated room with Jakenial.

"What happened?" Jake asked, noticing Hoilsten's see-through face.

"Nothing, I just met Katina and... can't we say about this to her. she is smart!"

"We can't. More people we say more the trouble. There must be a reason for adults hiding the..." Jake stopped as he noticed something in the doorway.

"Hoilsten they are searching for you what are you doing here?" Katina and Thotrin entered the room.

"Coming!" Hoilsten ran towards Katina.

'Did she hear anything?' Jake asked himself.

"Do you want to miss his ceremony? Come on Jake." Katina called Jake.

While walking Hoilsten was still confused about whether she know or not. Katina was still in her thoughts 'I think they were talking about the exam, but why do the adults have to hide it from a young adult like Jake.. weird.'

' Probably that is what Katina can make out of the conversation. So we are safe.' Jake thought as the four entered the room where the entire population was present.

"Happy Birthday Hoilsten" everyone shouted. Hoilsten accepted with a bright energetic happy smile. As he was surrounded by kids.

"I am sorry, Jake. I know he would have compelled you for some tips." Hoilsten's father told sarcastically.

"No problem, sir," Jake said while nodding sideways and going along the play.

"He told on his own," Hoilsten shouted while pointing at Jake from the middle of the group.

Others laughed, as Jake thought at the adults laughing ' The adults...all of them are liars...Making us suffer here... just why do have to hide the fact that we can live above...' this is the question that he hopes that he finds soon

&&&&&&

1