Chapter 2 The Escape
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What? Did you check ALL the rooms?" Katina asked.

"Yes, including the adult's room. But first," Mandla looked at Hoilsten and said, "Hoilsten, we need to calm all the children."

"I am on it!" Hoilsten replied.

As the two went by, Katina went to see Jake, and Thotrin followed her.

In the kitchen, Yelene was cooking food for the children. Then he saw Katina and Thotrin coming, "Hey guys, can you help me with the cooking?"

"Yeah, we can. But first, where is Jake?" Katina asked.

"Oh, he went to cattle room to see there any kids-"

"Okay, thanks" Katina ran off to see Jake.

"Uh...she was just gone... at least you help me," Yelene said, looking at Thotrin.

While Katina goes toward the cattle room, she sees Jake carrying a child.

"Katina, go help others. I will talk to you later."

"But-"

" we will talk in the leisure room."

Jake went off in the opposite direction. Katina looked around to see if anybody was nearby. Then, she went to the library and checked inside the keyhole.

'Nothing has changed!'

After a while, all the children have calmed down. They were all eating soups that Yelene and Thotrin made in the leisure room.

Mandla went up front and announced, "Listen, everybody, adults have gone for digging, and they will be coming tomorrow. So everyone should be good. Okay!"

"Yes, Mandla!"

"That should keep them for a while," Mandla said after the children had dispersed.

"They all believe because you said it. No one believes when I say it." Yelene said,

"That is because she is a 'Responsible big sister' figure for children." Jake interrupted their conversation,

"This is not the problem. We have to find the adults. And for that, I have to tell something to you guys that I have been hiding for a while,"

"Hey, it is Hoilsten!" a five-year-old kid asked, " Can you join us in the tag?"

"Sorry! I have to go." it almost became a saying for Hoilsten as he is saying it all the time.

"Come on atleast teach us how to make a doll before you go" Another kid pleaded.

Katina, seeing this far away, felt sad for him. She knows that he doesn't like what he is doing.

A couple of minutes after Hoilsten went, Katina and Thotrin went away from the other children. It was far easier for them.

Hoilsten, Katina, and Thotrin were walking toward the fitness room. From the look on Hoilsten's face, Katina could tell what he was thinking.

'This is for them. Don't feel bad about it.'

They reached the fitness room and saw two more people with Jake,

but before they could ask why, one of the people, Mandla spoke up,

"We all know. Jake said it"

"I thought this was the right thing to do now." Jake shrugged his shoulders. " Okay, as everyone knows what's happening, let us have a transparent conversation. Where are the adults?"

"We searched all of the house," Hoilsten said.

"I also checked the library, but the thing is..." Katina stuck.

"were the books in the same place?" Jake asked.

"yes"

"does that mean they do not want to hide the truth any more?" Mandla asked.

"but where are they?" Hoilsten was a little tensed.

"uhh, maybe we can find something in the book," Yelene said

"Yeah yes, brother you are right!" Hoilsten said.

"Yeah, it is what I guess" Jake nodded "Maybe it is not a secret maybe it is a passed down knowledge of the generation. Then they should have left the house as they leave the responsibility to us to persue a dangerous journey to above the always want for their life" Jake told seems to be has been always thinking about how adults feel

The room was in silence.

"What that is not true!" Katina said simply denied his crazy theory.

a bang sound was heard in the narrow hall door.

"Hey! Come out it is dinner time, feed us!" one kid asked

"NO! Mom said we have to be good to feed us," another kid said with a finger on her lips

"Right!" the kid said as he nodded "PLEASE!"

As the kids interrupted their conversation they went to prepare food.

While doing so Katina has one question that bothers her. 'Even I would go above if I can but adults abandoning us... is it that good?'

Cooking was almost done then Hoilsten facing toward other young adults "Can I go play with the others?"

"Yeah sure" Yelene replied.

"Leave them when they are sleepy" Mandla added.

"Okay, Bye!" Hoilsten said.

Katina immediately started going toward him "Wait!"

They both went to see and went out of the kitchen.

"How he can be normal Even now. Knowing there is a possibility that adults..." Mandla asked.

"Because he believe on adults, kinda navie if you ask me but he still believes that adults will tell us about the truth when the day comes. He only agreed to my plan so he can dig early"

"What! you made dig when he was a child" Mandla asked furiously.

Jake immediately stood up and took a pot and said "Time for lunch". Jake escaped from the situation.

At sleep time Hoilsten, Katina, Thotrin, Mandla, and Yelene go to the library. "Man, can't believe there is a secret room in our house all along," Yelene said.

"Here we are at the library"

Jake was already there. he took out all the 'secret' books from the keyhole, then he saw Hoilsten and the others coming. "Ok everybody we have only one night to do something we better start doing something productive. Hoilsten, you and me are going to do somewhere else and I want others to read all the books in the library."

"What? Where you going?" Mandla asked.

"I have come across a pathway mentioned in a book which might be where the adults went to."Jake answered "And for that," Jake looked at Hoilsten with a smile, "I need the help of the fellow digger"

Hoilsten face is bright "Let's go!" the two went to dig and the others started reading except for one who doesn't know how to read like Thotrin who still pretends to be reading something.

after a while of reading, there was just information that they already know, and then, "Why is a Rebellion coming here!" Yelene asked with confusion seeing the words in Thotrin's book.

"You don't know what it is?" Yelene asked grabbing a book from Thotrin.

"Uhhh," Thortin said.

"Rebellion means a person who go against the people who put rules." Mandla replied.

"Oh," Katina said.

"Thotrin do you know how to read?" Mandla asked.

"No" Thotrin was afraid.

"Then go help Jake and Hoilsten," Mandla said. Thotrin went outside.

"No No wait it is much more than we expected" Yelene closed his book."I don't want to create confusion by reading it wrong so Mandla I want you to read." he handed over the book to Mandla.

Thotrin reached where the sound is heard and saw Hoilsten holding a bug smiling with bright eyes. "congratulations! It is indeed a new kind of bug." Jake announced. "YEAH!" Hoilsten was excited. "I going to find some new stuff." Hoilsten started digging.

"Be carful eventhough this mud is soft then we digged to find the library, we should not be reckless" Jake said as he is digging.

"Boi! Yes!" Hoilsten replied and continued digging.

" Uh, wha..." Jake noticed Thotrin. " What happend Thotrin anything to inform?"

"Mandla sent me... to help," Thotrin said.

"Oh, can you take out the mud with this plate?" Jake gave Thotrin the plate.

After an hour.

Mandla was reading through. Yelene was biting his nail, this made Katina curious about what it is.

Finally, Mandla opened her mouth," It is a lot more than we expected"

"Please tell it!" Katina pleaded.

"Okay. The dangerous thing about the above is that there is an animal of some sort that is called a monster. This so-called monster's origin is not mentioned but the thing is they eat humans...

Then one day they went formed an alliance or some sort of condition I don't know.

the condition is that the humans will be sent some people as a sacrifice so that the monsters can breed them and farm them forever..."

"I can't believe people would do that," Katina asked

"There is more we are part of the harvest. We have some to help. We don't know if this is true or not but I need to tell this to Jake so he stops this, one wrong move there might be war again." Yelene said.

"No I will go and tell him. it is almost time to awake for children. It is more easy this way." Katina said.

Meanwhile in the dug cave, Jake and Thotrin did their work without talking, the cave is relatively silent than before Thotrin came in. Even Hoilsten was quiet

'I did not got anything new.' Hoilsten said with no emotion as he is a little annoyed.

Katina entered the cave and said "Wait" Katina shouted. Hoilsten and Jake turned.

"What happened?" Jake asked. As she said that Hoilsten was coming towards her but he was stuck. 'I barely digged anything.'

"You have to stop this. The danger above is an animal of some sort...I don't know just come out. "

"I already know..."

"What?" Katina was shocked." Why haven't you said anything-"

"About the outer world, I read about it in books. Even though I know everything. I... just could not go back and now with adults gone I have to go. I don't care if I am in danger who cares I just want to go out because I can." Jake was a little furious and unusual of himself

"Katina you know about Mandla right she wont allow us to come here."

Katina did not say anything as she could get how it feels. 'Even I want to see outside but this is foolish'

"You guys don't need to do anything, it is as if I did everything. Okay." Jake continued to dig. " I am not a fool to go to die, I will just see from the surface. Also, search for adults. You guys go-"

"Hoilsten, atleast you tell him." Katina asked.

Hoilsten was staring at a rock. 'I thought I was good at this.'

"Hoilsten answer me" Katina was afraid. Even Jake turned.

But then suddenly the entire dug tunnel has gotten collapsed. The sound had woken up the kids.

1