Taking quest(MS)
101 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaaaaaaa"

I am now walking alone outside the house after getting told off by Velvet.

I tried helping Emy but she refuse. So I tried asking Elly and we spent some time reading. But that is not what I like!!! So I tried disturbing Velvet.

"Now I am alone here." 

*Sigh*

(Well it can't be helped. Guess I will check out the guild.)

The guild. It is an institution like the academy in zone 1. However, unlike the academy, they don't offer lessons and such. Only the freebies members receives are a map, an ID to signify your membership and a handbook for rules and regulations. 

I head inside only to be greeted by buzzling noises. There are many people inside laughing around and some crying I don't know if they are mourning or just fooling around. It sure is noisy nonetheless. 

I head to the counter right away.

"Good day miss. What is your purpose of visiting the guild?" The receptionist greets me.

"Hello there. I would like to join." I replied as I let my elbows rest on the table leaning forward to the female receptionist.

"Great! You only need to pay 10 gold for the membership fee and you sill receive your guild ID right away. Would you like to proceed?"

"Yes."

"Perfect. Now if you would be glad to fill up this papers. Don't worry it's just simply writing your name, primary/middle/high class, and if you are open for party or not."

"Thank you."

I proceed to fill up the paper she handed out. I added my name then put my primary class magician in there and lastly I made sure to include not open for party.

"It's done." I push the paper forward on the table back to her.

"Looks good. Please wait for the ID. And while we are at it allow me to explain some stuff." The receptionist receives the filled up paper.

"Okay."

"The rules are simple miss Eris. You can only receive one quest per person if solo or 3 quests per party. Also killing or extortion to civilians and other guild members are punishable. The guild officials are allowed to take part of investigations in such cases and if proven guilty, the guild may terminate your membership and banning you from entry to all towns with guild buildings. In this case, all towns at zone 2 are currently in partnership with the guild so in layman's terms, you can't enter any town in zone 2 in worst case. Other than that, you or the party can cancel a received quest by paying 5 gold only. That said, important quests that is cancelled will be counted as failure in which will affect your history. 6 failures will result in cancellation of membership in the guild. However if the member are cancelled this way, they can still apply for membership after 3 years." The receptionist explained.

"Got it."

"Thanks for waiting. Here is the ID. Now if I can receive the payment, the guild registration will be completed." The receptionist smiled at me.

"Oh right. Here." I lay gold coins at the table and slowly push it towards her.

"I received the payment." She placed the ID infront of me.

"Finally allow me to welcome you to the guild miss Eris. Hope your stay will be fruitful for the both of us." The receptionist offers her hand forward in which I received and gave it a shake.

"The quests are posted in the board over there. Feel free to take your time and choose the quest that you can do. Each quest there are labeled with the recommended level and information regarding the said quest. If you have any questions feel free to ask here before departing." The receptionist smiled before I gave her a nod and move towards the quest board.

I look around the quest board only to see a bunch of quests. There are some quest for gathering, some for hunting and even a few in regards to searching missing items or people. While browsing around I notice the quest called cacti. I grabbed that quest and head back to the receptionist.

"May I ask what is the reason this plant is among the quest?" I asked.

"Cacti is it? By any chance did you just arrived here?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes." I nod.

"I see. Truthfully cacti is this place delicacy. Despite it's dangerous looking body, the inside is soft, sweet and juicy. Anyone would love to take some for desert. That said, that place are always a perfect nest for the desert hawks. They are big flying birds that is around level 31-35. Despite their low level, they are fast and a lot."

"I see. Thanks for the info."

"Will you be taking that quest then?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Great. I expect your return soon~" the receptionist eaves at me as I take the quest and head out the building.

I walk towards the north gate and asked the guard there.

"Hello there. Any idea where to look for cacti?" 

"Oh the spiky plant eh? First time taking that quest?"

"Yep. Something like that." I replied.

"Im that case it's a good idea to head out form north gate. Just walk forward around 30 minutes and you will come across a large cacti field. But be careful that place is also where those pesky flying shits nest are."

I laughed at his explanation.

"Thanks" 

"Tis my job miss." The guard reply and gave a nod before returning to his post.

I head out and walk towards the location. After 30-40 minutes of walking I saw a huge amount of cacti everywhere. Ranging from as small till my knees to taller than me there are a lot. By lot I mean A LOT. And not just those cacti. Right away those flying desert hawks noticed me and now five of them are spiraling in the sky.

I walk towards the nearest cacti and grabbed a blade from my bag which I bought before in zone 1 shop. And slashed at the cacti instantly cutting it in one fell swoop. The cacti fell on the ground with it's juice leaking on the sand. I tried dipping my fingers inside the stump and tasted it. 

(It's sweet... But wait. This tastes like...)

"MELON?" I asked in surprise. 

The desert hawks seemed to heard me and started darting towards me.

"Earth spears!" I used earth spear to erect a bunch of tall earthen spears and use it as a wall of sorts. Some desert hawks evaded it while 2 immediately slammed their body on the spikes then fell on the sand. Immediately I aim at the fallen two and.

"Fireball!" Torching them.

-user defeated 2 desert hawk.-

-received 400 exp.-

-Received 2 white dice-

(Wow 200 exp each. And since I am alone)

I lick my lips and started firing my skills. I used earth spear as a wall then hit all close or those who fell with fireball. I seemed to forget the quest as I got addicted to killing those hawks. Halfway through I even started laughing like some villain punishing weakling. After 6 hours of killing the hawks I am noe laying on the sand tired.

"Haa... Haa... Haa..." I pant while smiling widely.

(Damn... I killed 84 of those and received 16,800 exp. I even received 2 level ups and 84 white dice.)

Spoiler

-Name:Eris Elk

Class: magician(primary)

Talent: ???

Level: 26

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Endurance: 1

Mental: 1

Luck: 819(+9)

Current white dice in possession:110

[collapse]

I checked my status in which I got surprised.

(Damn I got 110 white dice now. Should I use it?)

White thinking I look at the sky and lay down for a while. Then minutes passed I decided to stand and go now only to remember my quest.

"Oh right... The cacti damn." I grabbed my blade again and started cutting cacti like maniac. After 1 hour of cutting I decided to gave up and head back with 60 cacti in my inventory.

I head yo the guild right away and sold those cacti in which I received 100 gold each so 6000 golds.

With a wide grin on my face I head out the guild and walk around the town. I saw a bunch of foods and even buy some grilled turkey from a stall with a cacti juice.

(Seriously this is just melon inside cactus)

While enjoying my food I saw a bakery and decided to buy some so I run towards there and look at what they sell. I saw some cake so I bought two big ones. One caramel and one chocolate. 

(I'm sure they will love it.)

I head back home with two bags om hand with a huge grin on my face. That said upon entry I am greeted with a worried Elly since it's almost night when I return. I forgot to inform them where I am going so I understand why but the tense feeling got dissolved right away when they heard my stomach grumble. We all laughed and just went to dinner.

Continue using spoiler for status?
  • Yes Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 15
10