The calm(MS)
55 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“By the way, did Gerald told you already about the ball?” Velvet asked me as I watch her cook breakfast.

“Not yet. What is that all about?”

“Apparently it’s founding celebration of Minard.” Velvet replied while tasting the soup for the side.

We will be having a sort of english breakfast. Sausage, beans and eggs which is a staple here in zone 2.

“Wow. How many years?”

“10th they said.” Velvet placed the meal on the plate for each of us.

“Let me help you.” I get close to her and start taking the plate ready to serve on the table.

“thanks.” She smiled at me.

We placed all the plates ok the table before I asked Elly who is peaking on us to call Gerald to eat breakfast.

We all settled on the table and Gerald came later as we start eating. It was simple and fulfilling meal enough to fuel up our day.

“Lady Eris we received invitations for the ball.”

“Ball? I thought it’s a festival?”

“Yes lady Eris. There is a festival at the morning then those invited directly by Sir Henry at night for the ball.” Getald explained.

“heh… that’s fancy.”

“indeed.”

“When is it?” I asked Gerald.

“2 days from now.”

“that’s close. What about our formal wear?”

“It is said to wear proper dress for the occasion.”

“I see.”

(Shit. I don’t have any dress.)

Just as I was thinking what to do Velvet pokes my side.

“what is it?” I looked at her surprised.

“I got your dress. Leave it to me!” velvet shows a thumbs up.

“Oooh. Thank you.” I hugged her side.

“You too Emy and Elly.” Velvet said while looking at the two as I clung on her side.

“thanks” the two also hugged Velvet as we laughed at the table.

After meal I decided to head out to take a quest. It’s been a while since I farmed so might as well enjoy the day.

By the way, Elly also joined me so we enjoyed the whole day grinding exp.

-meanwhile-

-Henry’s office-

“master. I received news from our spies.”

The lamia maid called Lamy reported to Henry.

“explain.” Henry seemingly busy signing up documents stopped briefly when he heard the report.

“A suspicious man we believed to be from the cult appeared here. Their target is probably the ball at night.” Lamy explains as she adjust her glasses.

“I see. Theu probably think it’s time to remove me. Haha…” Henry laughed nervously.

“don’t worry master. We your maids will make sure to protect you.”

Suddenly a catgirl wearing maid uniform apepared from the shadow in the room.

“Lamy is right master. No one will get close to you while I am protecting you.”

“that’s reassuring knowing one of the six great races are protecting me.” Henry smiled at the catgirl.

“One of the lowest you mean. Hahaha…” the catgirl replied.

“don’t bring yourself down. The catgirl race boasts extreme agility and ability to use the shadow making them proficient assassins during wartime.” Lamy explained.

“is that so?” the Catgirl smiles awkwardly.

“Lamy is right Cleo.”

Henry get closer to Cleo as he lat her head.

“Without you guys, I a bard should have died 10 years ago. So I am always glad you guys stayed with me.”

“that’s to be expected master. When our place got destroyed and we became slaves, you alone helped us escape. Using your wealth and gave us an option. And we chose the option to stay with you as your maids so we will always use our life to save you.”

Lamy smiled as she heard Cleo’s reply.

“or you say. In reality you just want to stay with your beloved master.” Lamy teased Cleo.

Cleo rushed to Lamy in instant before starting to clumsily hit her.

“Alright girls enough don’t mess in my office.” Henry shaking his head return to his paperworks.

“Lamy, asked Ava to monitor our skies and Medea to tell the others in tightening the security inside Minard.”

“yes master!” Lamy bows before leaving.

“And you Cleo. As always, I leave my life to your hands.” Henry said while holding Cleo’s hands.

“Yes master! Leave it to me!”

Cleo replied happily.

-going back to Eris-

"Elly!" I shout at Elly as the group of sandwyrms flying straight to her.

I ran towards her even equipping my daedalus wings and started flying midway instead.

"Shit I'm too far!"

I clenched my fist as I fly towards her.

Elly smiled at me and made a thumbs up saying it's okay.

I stopped my flight and watch her.

Elly held her sword and breath in and out before saying her skill.

"TEMPEST!"

Her body got covered in windlike barrier and sparks around her. She aim her short dagger as she ready herself.

8 sandwyrms are running towards her almost close enough.

Elly stabbed her shadow with the new dagger.

When the sandwyrms stepped on the shadow connected to Elly's which is coming from the large rock near her and it's shadow highlighted by the sun she suddenly disappeared.

And suddenly all the sandwyrms are on the ground.

-your party member killed 8 sandwyrms-

-you received 1600 exp-

-you received 16 white dice-

Dumbfounded, I fly and land next to her while she deactivated her new skill.

"What is that? That's so cool!"

(I literally only see invisible slashes made to the sandwyrms before they fell.)

"I tried using the shadow and Tempest together. While using tempest, my speed became very fast in exchange, my stamina gets drain very fast. But thanks to the shadow, I can just appear anywhere with a shadow and slash before going back to the shadow. Plus the speed thanks to tempest making it almost near impossible to spot me." Elly explained proudly.

"Whoa. Don't you think, fighting at dark makes you overpowered?" I asked.

"Certainly. As long as there is shadow, I can appear anywhere." Elly thinks for a while.

"Anyways, want to practice that move more? I will watch incase you need help." I asked her.

"Sure! Thank you Eris!" Elly leapt to me for a hug and I returned anyways since there is no reason not to.

Then we spend the entire afternoon hunting sandwyrms as she practice her new combination.

I checked my status while waiting for her.

(Status)

Spoiler

Name:Eris Elk

Class: magician(primary),duality of elements(unique)

Talent: ???

Level: 47

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Endurance: 1

Mental: 1

Luck: 1368(+9)

Current white dice in possession:106

[collapse]

Soon the night came and Elly laying on the sand gasping for air.

"You still good?" I asked while looking at her.

"Carry me please?" Elly raised both her hands tired.

"Can't be helped."

I carried her in princess carry as I float on the sand and start flying back to the lodging.

On the way, Elly simply stared at me quietly with a blush on her face.

8