Chapter 9
51 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Reputation Rankings]

[Reputation Store]

The main benefit of being a titled lord was right in front of him. The items in the reputation store were dependent on your ranking. So with bated breath, he selected the rankings.

[Reputation Ranking:

1: Grand Lord Of The Rising Moon,

2: Grand Lord Of The Steady Mountain,

3: Grand Lord Emperor of Darkness,

.............

9,879,098: Lord Of The Shallow Pond,

9,879,099: Lord Of The Endless Forest.]

It shouldn't have surprised him that he was last on the reputation rankings. After all not only was he isolated from most of the world. He had also only become a titled lord that day.

But he doubted that most of the people ahead of him had a peak Tier 2 within their land.

Due to his Lacking Reputation. The Store was also lacklustre.

[Reputation Store]

[Renown: Unknown(+5 RP Per Day)]

[50 RP]

[Unknown Store:

Random Draw: 2 RP,

Random Recruitment: 40 RP]

He was happy to see that he had started with 50 Reputation Points. Enough for him to afford everything currently in the store. It was only a shame that draws bought in the reputation store couldn't be sold in the auction.

He was more than a little interested in what the reputation store had to offer. For most people, the random Draws wouldn't be any good. But it would be a different story for him.

While he would still need scouting for the Random Requirements the same could not be said for the Draws.

He spent all of his points in one go, picking up one Random Recruitment, that he would use the next day. While immediately going to use the random draws.

He was immediately bombarded by hundreds of options. Far more than he had ever seen before.

If the Recruitment was the same, then he might have to rethink it. At the very least for the random draw, he could immediately pick out both the scrolls and the manuals.

With five hundred options, only about six of them were skill scrolls. Only two of them were manuals.

Choosing one of the manuals. He looked at his rewards.

[Elite Copper Skin]

[A manual of the Martial Path. A pinnacle user can defend against any attack from a Tier 3 Powerhouse.]

[8/8]

A purely defensive manual. Its appearance made him more than a little excited. Another route for earning money. It seemed that he would have to raise his reputation somehow. He could only afford two per day at the moment. He wanted to add to that as quickly as possible.

With the next few draws he only managed to pick up Uncommon Manuals. It was only in the final draw that he was shocked for quite some time.

[Profound Totem Warrior]

[A Mystic art combining both Martial and Magic. A pinnacle User can survive a confrontation with a Tier 5 Master.]

[3/3]

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Never mind a Rare manual. He had skipped straight to a profound manual. Something that can take someone to the peak of Tier 4.

He had thought it impossible to find a better manual for Elenora anytime soon. But this manual would do her until she was close to the limit of her potential.

He wasn't sure if it suited her. While he couldn't doubt her magical skills. He didn't think her martial skills were of the right level.

The rewards from selling the manual were simply too enticing. He could almost afford to upgrade to a Manor as it was. But with selling this manual, even reaching a Villa wasn't out of the question.

After seeing the power of Elenora, obtaining more power himself was paramount. The biggest benefit of reaching the Villa Level was being able to synchronise his abilities with those of his most powerful citizens. Once he reached the Villa Level, that would be a Tier 3 Powerhouse. That was simply too enticing to pass up.

Thus he put the manual up for sale for fifteen thousand Iron. Twenty-five thousand Mystic Wood and Stone and 100 magic crystals. Enough for him to power past the Manor level and obtain a Villa straight away. Putting him in a very good position before the end of the protection period.

He once again had to begin a frenzy of building stockpiles. Fortunately, the minor celebration had ended. Allowing all the workers to begin immediately. His recruits had already been sorted by their competencies and did seem to be able to help.

Without worry about the space and having plenty of area to build with. It only took an hour for sufficient stockpiles to be built.

With that done he could only wait for the item to be sold. After seeing the reputation ranking. He didn't doubt that there would be plenty of Lords rich enough to afford the price.

There was one immediate benefit to being a titled lord. He could put his name as a seller on the auction.

Now that he was selling a Profound Manual, his reputation was rising quickly.

He was worried that it would only count natives in the new world towards reputation.

Now knowing him being noticed in the auction contributed to his reputation. He began to list all of the items he had in reserve.

With his name plastered all over the auction site, he rose quickly. Breaking through the rankings. He settled around the mid seven millions. Nowhere near as high as he thought he would get from selling the greatest manual so far on the auction.

It seemed that most thought he had been lucky in picking it up and didn't pay too much attention.

He was glad with the change of his reputation menu.

[Reputation Store]

[Renown: Locally Known(+25 RP Per Day)]

[0 RP]

[Local Store:

Random Draw: 2 RP,

Random Skill Draw: 40 RP,

Random Manual Draw: 200 RP,

Random Recruitment: 40 RP,

Random Talented Recruitment: 200 RP]

That change alone was worth putting his name out there. While the Random skill and manual draws didn't hold too much allure. They were interesting to see. The same could be said for the Talented Recruitment. There was no guarantee of the power, but anyone recruited using it was guaranteed to be a talent.

He was far happier to see the additional RP per day. That would mean he could perform at least a dozen draws each day. If every one of the draws guaranteed a manual then he would be over the moon.

With nothing left to do but wait, he inspected his territory once again. This time in person. With the upgraded stockpiles. He didn't need nearly as many to store all of the potential mystic materials.

It still took up an area nearly equal to the size of the village. But compared to his first round of upgrading, it was far more tolerable.

Even without the looming threat of the Shadow Hounds. Leonard was hard at work in the barracks.

If he had even slightly better potential. He would have been far more obliged to use the Totem Warrior manual on him.

But any conversation with the man proved that he had little interest in anything magical. Even when Julius tried to convince him of his talent, he remained steadfast in his current path.

He even refused a more powerful martial manual. Claiming that the Guard's Mantra was all that he would need in life.

With any argument not having any effect, he let the man be. Without the impending doom of the next day, he could be more appreciative of Leonard's efforts. They looked quite a bit more organised than before.

It was only Aaron who was practising by himself. With his trait, Julius had little worries about giving him one of the Uncommon Manuals he had kept.

He had begun practising the Uncommon Stone Fist and was already seeing some results. His strength seemed to be on the verge of breaking through to Tier 1. Something that Julius would love to see.

It would be the first time that someone would break through of their own accord in his realm. At this point, he doubted that a low Star Tier 1 would make much of a difference. But who knew what he could grow into in the future?

In terms of the traits he had seen so far, he rated discipline very highly.

Eagle-Eyed Daniel also seemed to be growing quickly with his new skill. While he had yet to give him a manual. His talent with the bow was already shining through. Hitting bullseye after bullseye in the practice range.

He was a little sad that he probably wouldn't be able to pick up any more diamonds in the rough like those two. He wouldn't have the leisure to use his scouting chances on any of the Tier 0 recruits in the future.

He would have to trust the luck of the dice and hope that it was on his side. At the very least he could choose the people who looked like they fit what was needed in his land.

After inspecting the land once again. Making sure that there was enough food and water for everyone, he made his way to the centre of the town. With the assistance of the friendly Laura, the Tavern felt far more alive. Even with their small population there always seemed to be someone passing through.

After eating a hearty lunch he returned to his Lord's Abode. He had only recently gotten used to the townhouse and already it would be changing.

The flashing option of the auction showed that all of the items he had put up had been sold.

5