Chapter 11
46 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first three let him down, with the strongest being only a Tier 3 - 2 Star. He began to worry slightly about who he would be recruiting.

It did seem to be the trend for most of the other Tier 3 Powerhouses. While most had traits and talents. They didn't have the immediate strength.

Julius had seen how powerful Elenora had been the day before, he didn't want a few minor levels above her. He wanted someone with a full Tier more of strength.

His seventh scout showed the first person of interest.

[Trait: Creative,

Power: Tier 3 - 4 Star,

Potential: Tier 3 - 6 Star,

Talent: Path Of Crafting]

It was the first person he had seen with the talent in the path of crafting. While it was clear the old man was close to the peak of his potential. Having someone who could craft items would be a great source of income.

The only downside was that he had none of the tools to be able to support such a recruit. With a lack of blueprints and other skilled citizens, he would be limited in what he was able to do.

It seemed that reaching Tier 3 without talent wasn't common, as his next scout was also a new sight.

[Trait: Quick Learner,

Power: Tier 3 - 2 Star,

Potential: Tier 3 - 2 Star,

Talent: Path Of Learning]

The first scholar he had scouted. She was immediately ruled out as the old woman had reached the peak of her potential. But seeing that people could have a talent for the path of learning was interesting to see.

Most of the others had the more usual talents. But he was growing even more concerned before he scouted the eleventh person.

He was one of the youngest on display. Which did give him a little bit of hope.

[Trait: Lazy,

Power: Tier 3 - 9 Star,

Potential: Tier 3 - 9 Star,

Talent: None]

He was by far the strongest out of anyone he had scouted. But he did confuse Julius. How could someone with the Lazy trait and no talent reach the peak of his potential so quickly? The final scout didn't give him any other options. He was surprised that none of the people had potential above Tier 3.

Since no one else had even come close to the peak of Tier 3, he didn't think he could go any other way.

With 3 scouts remaining, he selected the Lazy Powerhouse.

As soon as the man was selected. He moved to the sovereign synergy section. Where every member of his village appeared. While he was tempted to choose Elenora, the lone person in the Tier 2 section. The appeal of the young man in the Tier 3 section was too much to pass up.

Selecting the button, he waited for a few moments for anything to happen. He started to think that it wasn't working before two clamps appeared on either side of his chair. Keeping him in place. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't move the restraints.

With that, a torrent of energy began to flow into his body. The power of Tier 3 was overwhelming. Threatening to send him into unconsciousness several times over. It was only an effort of will that kept him from the darkness.

As soon as the power began, it stopped. The restraints were then slowly removed from the chair. Allowing Julius to move around and marvel at his new form.

For one he was quite a bit taller. The clothes he had been wearing were feeling far tighter.

For the first time in a few days, he inspected his stats.

[Lord: Julius]

[Talent: Scout (Silver)]

[Power: Tier 3 - 9 Star]

[Reputation: Locally Known]

[Title: Lord Of The Endless Forest]

This time around the power section which had been greyed out for the entire week was now an option.

[Power: Tier 3 - 9 Star]

[Manual: Profound Body Of Alchemy]

[Skills: None]

He wasn't expecting to find a profound manual. Or the fact that he knew exactly what manual it was.

High Lord King Of Alchemy had claimed that the manual was one of the greatest manuals you could use with your citizens.

Of course, he didn't have a profound level one. But in essence, the manual used alchemy to burn up your potential in favour of your current strength.

His rare manual burned up two points of potential to grant one point of strength.

At Tier 0 even burning a single point of potential was enough to reach Tier 1. But past that it would be consistent enough.

If he was correct in the assumption, it meant that his recruit at one point had above Tier 6 potential. But it seemed that his trait won out in the end. Choosing the easy route to strength.

Julius wouldn't complain, after all a Peak Tier 3 was exactly what he needed. But thoughts of the lost potential did make him feel a little off.

With that in mind, he began to make his way out of the villa. Moving had suddenly become far easier. The latent power in his form was more than a little intoxicating. Every movement was faster and more precise. He had far more control over his body than he had ever thought possible.

He was more than excited to meet the person who had given him this power.

An upright young man was having a conversation with Leonard. They both treated each other with great respect. If he hadn't seen the trait for himself, he would in no way think that the man had such a disastrous trait.

"Greetings My Lord. My name is Charles. It's a pleasure to be a citizen of your realm."

Charles certainly wasn't lacking charm. His bright smile screamed that he was trustworthy.

"Charles, it's lovely to meet you. Can you give me some information about yourself?"

"Of course my lord, that isn't a problem. I am a Peak Tier 3 Powerhouse. Claimed a Genius far and wide. My master taught me the Epic Way Of The Knight. Guaranteeing that one day I would become a Grandmaster."

Not only was the man lazy, but he was also a liar.

That was a little unexpected. None of his recruits had lied to him thus far. At the very least not about such an obvious thing.

While it was a far more difficult thing for the natives to discern. Most lords had prioritized the ability to gain information.

He had yet to pick up the inspection skill. Without an influx of natives, he knew exactly who he was scouting for the most part.

The few Tier 0s he hadn't scouted he had left to their own devices.

He wasn't sure how to proceed with Charles. If that was even his real name. Unfortunately, if he wanted to keep the power as a Tier 3, then he would have to keep the man around. It would be quite some time before he would be able to afford another.

There were very few people selling items from the Manor Lord's Store, never mind the Villas.

"I am more than pleased that such a noble person has decided to join our cause. I am afraid that we are currently lacking in talent. If it would be possible for you to create an elite version of your manual for others to learn? Then you will never be treated badly in my lands."

It was an interesting thing to learn that it was far easier for the library to create less powerful versions of manuals compared to the true version. With each level of rarity increasing the time by an order of magnitude.

Asking for the same grade of the manual was incredibly rude amongst the natives. Asking for a reduced manual was quite common.

That was how many people without the talent to reach the peak increased their wealth.

Someone at the peak of Tier 3 using an Epic manual, should have no problems doing such a thing.

A few emotions seemed to flash through his face. It settled on reluctance.

"I'm afraid I promised my master to never reveal the manual to anyone elseWhile I am more than happy to be your sword. Anything else I can not do."

While Julius did want to call out the man on his lies. He would have to keep him around until he picked up another Tier 3.

"I see, that is a shame. Make yourself at home in my realm. Choose one the of single houses over there. We can discuss things further in the future."

Charles seemed to take that in his stride and made his way over to the house that had been abandoned by Elenora. A brief look of disgust on his face as he made his way inside.

With a sigh, Julius returned to his villa, to use up the other scouting opportunities.

4