Chapter 13
95 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were quite a few of the High Lords who were already under attack. Most of them seemed calm about the whole thing.

His local forum and kingdom forum were still a ghost town. So he could only see how the best of the best were doing. He had seen what a powerful Tier 2 could do, he couldn't even imagine what could be done by a Tier 4 Elder.

Without more information from other people on a similar level to his own, he felt a little lost.

With a billion people being transported into this new world. He was sure that countless had already lost their lives.

That thought only furthered the dread that had seemed to settle over him.

Since the loss of the protection, everything seemed far more real. He wouldn't get a second chance. With his doom scrolling doing nothing to make himself feel better. He decided to test out his new strength.

Paul had joined Leonard in the midst of training the recruits. The barracks had grown to a group of twelve people.

While they did look a little better than before, they were still far from what he would call a competent militia.

He called Leonard aside to begin a quick spar. Asking the man to take it easy on him.

They both were using wooden swords. So Julius hoped that he wouldn't get too hurt from the spar.

Before today, Leonard had seemed superhumanly quick and strong when Julius was looking at his training. But now he seemed to be moving in slow motion. Once Julius focused on him, there was nothing that escaped his sight.

While his swordsmanship was lacking. It was easy to read where Leonard was leading the sword and meeting it halfway.

His pure speed was more than enough to keep up with Leonard's greater skill. The power of his attacks also didn't phase him one bit.

While he had doubted Charles, it seemed that his power was still useful. It wasn't difficult to overwhelm his opponent.

After a few minutes, he decided to let a blow land, to see how his defences were able to hold up. He had little doubt about his speed and strength now. At the very least it was above the peak of Tier 1.

With Leonard landing a blow on his arm, he could say the same for his defence.

It felt like a toddler was punching him. The blow didn't deal any damage to his skin. The wooden sword also broke in the process. It seemed that the training tools couldn't deal with a full clash using Tier 1 power.

After that attack Leonard admitted defeat. It was clear that he wouldn't have been able to do anything to hurt Julius.

He would have to see if it would be the same for Elenora. Who seemed uninterested in doing anything at the moment.

He spent much of the afternoon sparring with Leonard or Paul. It did help his feeling of dread. While they were amongst the weakest of the ranks. The fact they could survive in this world made him feel a little better.

He didn't see much of the other people he had recruited that day. Returning to his abode. He focused on what else he could build. With the added strength and optimism, he could plan a little more for the future.

While his population wouldn't be growing quickly, its quality would be consistent. It wouldn't be long before Tier 0's would be in the minority of people he would be summoning.

He would need to begin building up the administrative buildings for his village. There would be far more he would have to worry about in the future. There was still little hope of having a bustling economy any time soon. But he would still have to plan for that.

The appearance of the road had bolstered hope that there would be people nearby. He had checked intermittently as the hunters had cleaned up the road. Charles had decided to be the one to protect them, so he had spent most of the day outside his territory.

While the man was lying about who he was. Julius could feel his strength for himself. With Charles protecting them there wasn't much to worry about.

He hoped that they would have good news, but as the day drew to a close there was nothing to report.

His constant work had done well, and he had managed to afford two Tier 2 recruitment orders for the next day. That along with creating some buildings and defenses once again left him broke.

But with his reputation continually rising amongst the other lords. He had hope to rise in the reputation store quickly.

He was more than a little curious about how many scouting opportunities he would have the next day.

With that, the day he had been dreading more than anything came to a close. With far less conflict than he had been expecting.

He was more than happy to see that he now had seventy-five chances to scout. That would leave him with more than enough after scouting everyone there.

It even gave him the idea to try something new. He hadn't tried to reset the people he was scouting. Usually using up all of his scouting opportunities at once.

It seemed that the scouting gods had been listening. As there was only one person at a similar level to Elenora in the entire batch.

[Trait: None,

Power: Tier 2 - 7 Star,

Potential; Tier 4 - 2 Star,

Talent: Path Of Learning / Administration]

While it was a little bit of a waste to be using one of his Tier 2 recruitments on someone to help administrate his tiny land. The real reason he was chosen and what was more interesting was the dual talents. Something he hadn't seen before. It had been rare enough that people had a single talent, let alone anything more.

With him recruited. He returned to his Lord's Menu. Selecting the Tier 2 recruitment once again.

This time he was left with 50 scouting left, but with an entirely new cast of people.

While it didn't give him all the information he needed, it did let him know he could reset the batch of people. While he couldn't leave the batch without recruiting, it was easy enough to get a new batch.

He had quite a bit more luck this time around. Leaving him with quite the choice to make about his newest recruit.

He once again decided to focus on power for today. With Charles being an unknown factor. He hoped that the Tier 2's would be able to carry the brunt of protecting the local area.

As such he decided to pick up someone that would be able to take control of the militia increasing its strength greatly.

[Trait: Leader,

Power: Tier 2 - 9 Star,

Potential; Tier 3 - 1 Star,

Talent: Martial Path]

While he was close to the limit of his potential, his trait was attractive enough to make it worthwhile. Now that he was confident in being able to afford at least one Tier 2 a day. He would be able to take a few more risks with their recruitment.

With those two recruited, he made his way out to meet up with them. Marvelling at the town hall as he walked past. The new building was a little more ornate than he was expecting. Taking after the villa rather than any other building.

He wondered if the architecture of some buildings was dependent on what level of abode you had.

The two recruits were waiting for him at the village gate.

Both Leonard and Paul were chatting with them. The routine for each of them had long been set.

One of the men was far larger than he had expected. The shirtless man towered over both Paul and Leonard. He was closer to eight feet than he was seven.

While the other was wearing a silken robe. The most expensive-looking piece of clothing he had seen in this new world.

It seemed that he would have quite a lot on his plate with these recruits.

4