Chapter: 4: Linguist
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh! You are the 4th prince. I never was interested in royal families, you see.", Elina said scratching her head, looking as dumb as possible. 

They all introduced themselves, but Austin didn't look so interested in paying attention as he already knew about them.

"Actually, prince Austin is the one who stopped Dorothy from running further into the jungle.", said Iris with a grateful face turned towards her dim-witted friends.

"So, can I ask why you all visited our kingdom today?", asked Austin. They looked rather confused as they weren't sure if it was okay to tell him. They were muttering among themselves. And, seeing the tension, Austin said, 

"I don't mind if you don't tell me. Bother not if you are not okay with it."

Iris cleared her throat. They decided to tell him as they invaded their castle. They explained everything from the start also that they were then going back when Dorothy ran off.

"I am confused as to why she ran off, though. She had never done anything like this before. She is quite obedient to me.", said Iris.

"So, now you are going back. I guess, you should now start your journey again. And you will reach a little after evening.", Austin said completely ignoring Iris' question as to why Dorothy could have run off.

"You are right. We will now head back.", Elina said.

"Hm..."

"Again, I thank you sincerely for helping me Prince Austin.", said Iris slightly bowing down.

"Not a big deal. I gotta go. Bye, see you again.", Austin said turning around and he was not to be seen in a flash.

They all went back to the river bank and got all of their horses. They headed out again towards the "Evergarden" kingdom.

It was a little past evening when they were in the jungle of Evergarden kingdom. They all rode their horses silently. But, suddenly Harlin stopped also did her horse. 

"Why did you stop, Haru?" Elina asked. Harlin didn't answer. Iris got off her horse and went towards Harlin.

"Hey, Haru. What's wro-", before she could have finished her line, Harlin fell on her from the horse. Iris was so stunned as were the others.

"What's happened to her?" Aylin asked as they also got off their horses and came running towards them. 

"I guess she has a fever, high fever.", Iris said as she pulled Haru down from the horse.They laid her head on Aylin's lap. 

"She collapsed from the high fever. And we didn't even notice.", said Aylin looking quite sad.

"This weak queen!! Argghhh!!! Why wouldn't she tell us if she wasn't feeling well? She is always so extra. Why would she even fall ill?" , Elina was trembling with anger. Though she was scolding Haru for falling ill or not telling them , everyone knew she was actually worrying. That's how she shows empathy. 

"I guess we can't wait until we reach the palace. Her condition will worsen. We have to take steps now.", said Iris with a stern face, thinking critically.

"But, how could we? I don't think the ghost here will lend medicine for her.", Elina said, still angry with Harlin.

"Don't be stupid. We gotta look for someone. I guess there are some people living in the woods. We just gotta take a look around.", Iris said yet with a stern face. 

They decided on that. Iris and Elina went looking for someone while Harlin was laid on Aylin's lap. Elina was grumpy and complained all the way saying Harlin is dumb to get sick.

After quite some time, they saw a huge hut. They were relieved to find someone. The hut was brown in color though it was covered in green, sleek creeper leaves. It felt as though branches would come out of the windows. They went towards the door and knocked two times.

"Is anyone here?"

Not after a long time, the door creaked open. And a old man with beards which could reach his stomach came out. Strange that he had an eyepatch on one of his eyes. But the other one which was hidden under his long eyebrows lightened up as he saw Iris Evergarden standing in front of his door.

"Oh my, is that our dearest princess with her company? Hohoho." , he laughed in delight.

"So, what brings you here, your highness?", asked the old man.

"Please, don't talk so politely with me. And we are here to seek help.", Iris said politely.

"How may I help you, princess?", asked the old man.

They explained everything. Then, they went back and took Harlin back to the old man's hut. The old man gave her some liquid medicines to gulp down. After some time, Harlin opened her eyes. 

"Hey, are you feeling alright? Why didn't you tell us about your health?", Elina barged towards Harlin.

"Hey, Eli. She just woke up. Are you now feeling better, Haru?", Aylin asked gently.

"Yeah, I am feeling much better."

"Thanks old man. We owe you a lot.", said Iris turning towards the old man with a gentle smile. But, then she stopped. Suddenly, something flashed in her mind. 

"Wait, you are...", Iris was astonished at her luck. She remembered that the linguist who she had talked about also wore an eyepatch. 

"I am Hares Inkwood, my lady.", said the old man.

"So, you are the linguist who researches about ancient languages!!", Iris said astonished at her luck.

"Yes, my lady."

"Ok, can you come to the royal palace tomorrow at 10 a.m. ?"

"Yes, of course. I would be really glad to help you."

They then waved goodbye at Hares and left for the capital. They reached the gigantic gateway of the royal palace soon after. The gatekeepers opened the gate as they bowed to the princess. As they went through the gateway, the strong smell of thousands of flowers brushed their nose. The breeze carried sweet smell of several flowers from the enormous garden that covered both sideways. 

They stopped in front of the royal palace and got off the horses. Before the royal guards could take the horses away, Harlin's horse ran off to the garden. The guards started chasing it.

"Have all the horses gone crazy today?", Elina scoffed.

.

.

.

A/N: Helloo, my lovely readers. Love you always, byee!!!

A/N: Helloo, my lovely readers. Love you always, byee!!!

1