Chapter One: S Rank Hunter Noah
221 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The President of the Hunter Association with a solemn expression came to the stage.

All the media and reporters were puzzled looking at their expressions and the presence of the nine S Rank hunters instead of ten.

“ President! Can you tell us what happened now “ asked one of the reporters.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of one of our S Rank Hunter Noah at the young age of 32 along with his guild members."

The people who were watching gasped in shock while watching the live on their television from their homes.

S Rank hunter Noah was one of the first awakeners in the year 2045 when Dungeons appeared all over the world. And if they were left alone for a long time; a dungeon outbreak would occur.

"Their contributions to the Hunter Association and humanity as a whole will never be forgotten. We mourn the loss of a true hero and will be showing the last footage transmitted from the recording device worn by the S Rank hunter Noah before he met his death."

The sped-up footage was slowed down greatly. And then, it appeared.

A behemoth standing over a hundred meters tall, its massive form is shrouded in thick, moss-covered scales that glimmer with an eerie luminescence. Its razor-sharp claws can rend through the toughest armor, while its piercing crimson eyes seem to pierce through the very soul of its prey. This S Rank Giant monster was known as "Colossal Devourer".

The people were terrified after seeing the footage of the monster. They huddle together, their faces pale with fear, realizing the danger, and with that, the footage stops.

************

Just as the sky lit up in the Sun City, at the Marital Arts practice courtyard of the Shen family. A young man was practicing his sword Skill.

At this time most of the children of the family and even some of the servants still slept...

This young man was around 16 years of age, with a slim body and a mature face. He was handsome; especially his eyes, which were full of fighting will.

This young person's name was Shen Ming. He is the only grandson of the Family head of the Shen Family. He lost his parents at the young age of three years to a beast tide which happened twelve years ago and was raised by his grandfather from the age of three.

He was currently the number one genius of the Shen family among the younger generation of his age and already reached Novice Rank 5th stage at the age of 15 in the path of Energy Qi cultivation.

From then on, he already left the life of mortals and stepped into the gateway of Immortality.

Shen Ming who was practicing his sword technique, couldn't help but think about his past life self who used to fight in dungeons which suddenly appeared on modern Earth.

And his strength as an S Rank hunter in his past life can only be compared to an Expert Rank Energy Qi cultivator in this world; which is the third realm from the bottom of Energy Qi cultivation.

Currently, everyone in the Clan is excited to know which academy he will join in the future since his enrollment to the academy is confirmed as he already fulfilled the basic criteria of reaching the Novice Rank 4th stage.

His grandfather held high hopes for him and wanted him to succeed in his life instead of getting bound to the Clan.

However, only Shen Ming knew how many more times the effort he put in compared to his peers, allowing him to become the number one genius.

Every three years, Three Elders from different academies come to the Sun City and conduct an assessment to select talented young people for their Academy.

In terms of population, the Sun City has more than one million people and the Shen family is one of the three powerful clans.

The Clan had tens of thousands of people under it, and they controlled large portions of land, mines, and resources.

So even though he may be considered a genius in Sun City, he knows that there would be many more monstrous geniuses than the ide of Sun City.

Confronted with this reality, he became even more motivated and started practicing the Mortal Rank (Peak Grade) Sword Skill of the Clan even more vigorously.

After practicing for a few hours, Shen Ming took a deep breath and then ran towards his courtyard.

Shen Ming returned to his bedroom. He looked at the room which was tidy and clean.

He sat on his bed, eyes shut, and started to manipulate the flow of energy within his Energy Center, located on the center of his chest to absorb the Heaven and Earth energy in his surroundings.

As he began to examine his inner body; two golden eyes exactly similar to the eyes of his past life appeared above his Energy Center.

According to him, these two eyes were the reason, he gets to reincarnated in this world after his fight with that monster.

He could not determine their exact use; but he could sense a tremendous power among those eyes even in his past life, as if they had the power to subdue dragons and control the ways of the heavens.

"Well it may be an exaggeration but still he feels a mysterious power among those two eyes"

As he inhaled deeply and breathed in the surrounding Heaven and Earth energy; he started manipulating its flow of energy to complete the sixth Gray energy Qi ball which was almost finished.

As he began to form it, he sensed a barely noticeable blink in those golden eyes which happens every time he tries to break through.

He spent two entire hours and finally formed the Gray energy Qi ball hovering above his Energy Qi center and started guiding it towards his Energy core before it soon got absorbed and entered the Novice Rank 6th stage.

Shen Ming's face lit up at the realization and he continued absorbing the energy for another two hours and finally stopped when he felt that he was unable to fill any more energy in his body.

Creak—

At this moment his personal maid entered the room, holding a tray of food. Shen Ming paused his training and quickly sat down at the table, taking large bites of the meat and soup prepared by his maid.

Noticing Shen Ming's healthy appetite, the maid felt a sense of joy.

"Young master, please slow down so you don't choke."

" I still have to do many things to do today. I can't afford to be late!"

After he wolfed down his meal, he quickly made his way.

Half an hour later, after crossing a small stream, he finally arrived at a valley following the route map in his hand.

At that moment, Shen Ming suddenly heard a strange noise behind him. Turning around to look, he saw a big tree not far away, where a creature was standing with a body full of golden color and light blue eyes.

" Little Gold, did you miss me?!" asked Shen Ming showing a nostalgic smile towards the Golden Ape which was in the Expert Rank stage.

The Little Gold was the first contracted Spirit beast of his mother, but after her death, it went back to the forest instead of staying at the Clan.

Seeing him looking at it, the Little Gold grinned and squeaked "Zhi zhi" his hands gesturing towards Shen Ming. Then it turned around and ran in the direction of the deeper parts of the forest.

Shen Ming lifted his foot without any hesitation and stepped into the valley, following behind the Little guy. Entering the valley, a wave of thick energy hit him in the face, carrying a pleasant feeling.

11