Chapter four: Academy selection
128 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following this, Wang Xuan’s attack passed directly through Shen Ming’s body and his eyes immediately focused when he noticed that his attack was missed.

“ Let's end this battle now “ was the last thing everyone heard. Before a sharp Sword covered in fiery red energy heavily struck the top of the immense White serpent’s head.

“Ahhhhhh!”

Wang Xuan gave out a miserable shriek as his body was severed like the string on a kite. He was struck, flying straight outside the arena.

The four guards who accompanied Wang Xuan quickly fed him a Healing Pill and had awkward faces before they departed carrying their unconscious young master along with them.

“ Shen Ming is the winner of this battle “ declared Oldman Lu.

Only then did everyone in the hall wake up from their daze, and the crowd widened their eyes. The scene just a moment ago felt like a dream; they were simply unable to come back to their senses.

Shen Ming didn't care about the astonishment of the others before departing under their gazes since he already fulfilled his purpose.

By the time he reached the room, it was already noon. Just as he stepped into his room, he ran into his personal maid who had just stepped out from his courtyard.

"Young master, I've left your meal in your room. It's still hot, so you might eat it soon."

Shen Ming gave a light nod and entered the room where the aroma of the freshly prepared meal filled the air.

He immediately digs into the meal, as he is hungry after breaking through in his body refining and consuming the food with a fervor almost as if he hadn't eaten in days.

*********

In the following few days, the news of the Academy Elders coming to the Sun City within a month was thoroughly spread throughout the City by the guards of the City Lord Mansion.

This news undoubtedly made the young people boil with excitement. Everyone one of them began to wake up early and go to sleep late, putting their utmost effort into cultivation in hopes that their cultivation level would increase once more by the time the Elders arrived.

However, none of this had anything to do with Shen Ming. After his battle with Wang Xuan; he only concentrated on practicing his sword art and body refining cultivation.

As the days till the Academy selection crept closer and closer. Sun City became busier and busier as the day approached.

After going through a month of tedious practice, Shen Ming’s current aura had become incomparably sharp and he completely absorbed the energy of the three Crystal fruits and finally, the day of selection approached.

Within the city, exquisite towering structures and residences stood in great numbers. The magnificent buildings, under the rays of sunlight, seemed to give off a majestic presence.

The streets of the city were constructed of bluestone, all leading to gigantic grounds. Behind that grounds, was a vast residence. It was the Chen family's residence of the Sun City!

At this moment, the Chen family's current head, Chen Tian, was sitting on the grandstand. Beside him, was a lady of about 17 years of age, Chen Xiuying with jade-white skin, and was among the top four beauties of the current younger generation of the city.

Beneath the grandstand, there were countless people paying respects to the Family head of the Chen family who is also the current acting City Lord of the Sun City for the next ten years.

After ten years, another person from the three major families will perform the duties of the City Lord in accordance with the agreement; the three families made with the the Imperial family of the Everlasting Empire.

Chen Qingyun, facing the greetings of others, cupped his hands in response, as a huge smile broke out on his face.

He turned towards his beautiful daughter and said with a grin

" Chen Xiuying, in the future you have to marry a powerful person if you want to have people like them to be beneath your feet "

" Yes Father!" replied Chen Xiuying but her thoughts were only about Shen Ming's arrival.

As the number of invited guests increased, the atmosphere got more and more lively. And many guests brought along members of the younger generation.

It was very obvious that they were here to take part in the enrolment conducted by the representatives of the three academies from the Imperial City.

"Rumble!"In the instance, far off in the horizon, a thunderous sound rang out. Even though there was still a distance between them, all the guests at the grand hall could feel an immense vibration rumbling the ground, as all their gazes involuntarily turned in the direction of the sound.

"The Wang family!" Someone shouted as the pupils of the crowd contracted. Clad in silver robes, they were all stunningly impressive, causing the hearts of the crowd to make their way.

Within a few minutes, everyone from the Wang family arrived at the grandstand. The family head of the Wang family, revealing an incomparably sharp and serpent-like gaze, cupped his hand and greeted

 " Wang Zenhao pays respect to the City Lord "

As the sound of his voice faded away, a great number of people came forward, bearing gifts.

"Even though they are also a major family, they have to pay respect to the Chen family head since he is acting as the City Lord." Whispers abounded as conversation broke out between the guests.

Chen Qingyun lightly smiled as he looked towards Wang's family head before saying, "Many thanks brother Wang, please take your seat."

Wang Zenhao slightly inclined his head, as he walked up the stairs, before being seated at the far side of the grandstand.

At this moment, thunderous sounds rang out once again, causing the crowd's heart to tremble. However, the sounds were much louder in intensity, as clouds of clouds of dust could be seen rising on the horizon, throughout all the streets of the Sun City.

Many people stood up from their seats and bowed their heads with reverence and respect when they saw the Shen family carriage bearing the symbol of the White Lion.

If before they bowed their heads to Chen and Wang family heads due to their authority, now they are bowing their head in admiration to the strongest family and the Protective shield of the Sun City people.

As the carriages pulled to a stop, an old man, with eyes that flashed with a piercing gleam, and were filled with a sense of vitality akin to the Lion walked out.

Chen Qingyun quickly stood up from his seat, as he cupped his hands in the direction of the old man before politely stating, "To think that Old Master Shen could find the time to grace my humble abode with your presence! Please, take a seat."

" The Shen family Head pays their respects to the City Lord." Said Shen Xinlong followed by the current younger generation including Shen Ming as he moved forward with his men.

" Hey look it's Shen Yao! Another four great beauties of the Sun City " said someone among the crowd. Meanwhile, Shen Yao immediately went to the side of Chen Xiuying and both of them started murmuring something.

Although the number of guards that came with the Shen family was not high, one could not underestimate them. After all, the old man Shen was an extremely terrifying existence who had already reached Expert Rank 7th stage in his Energy Qi cultivation.

" Daughter! You have to marry into the Shen family if you ever decide to stay in Sun City in the future" said Chen Qingyun gripping his daughter's hands, as he suppressed his surging emotions.

" Yes Father," said Chen Xiuying looking in the direction of Shen Ming in obsession as if she wanted to devour him. Shen Yao seated beside her friend looked weirdly at the father and daughter pair. Especially Chen Xiuying who was looking at her cousin with an almost drooling expression.

" I don't know if my brother can handle my obsessed friend. " thought Shen Yao who knows the personality of her best friend and her growing love towards her cousin.

Shen Ming who was following his grandfather felt a chill on his spine as if he was targeted by a dangerous person.

When the crowd saw the expression of the Chen family's daughter, who wasn't even trying to hide her expression they couldn't help but gossip again.

" Chen Xiuying had intentions to have an engagement with the Shen Ming. It was said six months ago, that the Chen family Head had personally visited the Shen family along with his daughter to request it. "

"But it's bad luck Shen Ming refused it saying he wants to focus on his cultivation and doesn't want to have any emotional ties for now. "

" Yes "

" Yes "

" Everyone knows the obsessive love of the Chen family daughter had for Shen Ming and even after getting rejected; she insisted that in this life she would only marry Shen Ming in her life "

The crowd was whispering under their breath, speculating about what would happen later and whether both of them would enter the same academy.

Shen Xinlong who heard the whispers of the crowd turned his vision towards his grandson who was seated along with other family members of the clan.

Shen Ming who was the center of the attraction of the crowd held a trace of calmness, without any change in his expression.

11