Chapter nine: Golden eyes
96 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Past Life Pov

Hundreds of B Rank hunters led by a few A Rank hunters swayed and backed up together as they faced the dust storm.

“Ughhh!”

Noah; the leader of the Obsidian Guild didn’t fare much better. The sudden appearance of a ten A Rank monsters led by a Colossal Giant monster pushed him back while he tried to cover his face with his robe to stop himself from inhaling the poison released by the Twin-headed Scorpion; an A Rank monster.

He looked around, frowning slightly.

The giant tent that they had set up a while ago was nowhere to be seen.

Noah squinted, but he could barely see anything.

“L, l, l, look!!!!”

Someone screamed among his team members. When Noah turned his head. What he saw made his eyes open wide in shock.

A Black armor adorned by a giant creature carrying a Huge Axe in its right hand made everyone's jaw drop. It was a powerful being, fit to be called the strongest under the ground. It was a ‘ Giant Titan’ evocating the feeling of a monarch looking down on all other beings.

“…..!”

Everyone froze in shock, their mouths wide open. The gaze of the Giant Titan made everyone feel as if their very souls were being judged, and many instinctively stepped backward except Noah.

Whoosh!

The ten-foot-long Axe drew a cross in the air directing its attack towards Noah whom it deemed as the strongest.

Booom!

“ughh!”

Along with a tremendous noise, the impact caused Noah's bones and organs to be twisted and broken.

“Ahhhh!”

Noah faltered, vomiting a mouthful of blood.

Slash!

The Titan attempted to swing its Axe once more, but Noah interjected and jumped towards it.

Clang!

Two weapons collided in the air, causing a huge shockwave which made the remaining who were fighting against other monsters falter in their steps.

“Kuwagh!”

Some of them even flew dozens of meters and sank to the ground, unable to endure the shockwave from the collision.

Noah's eyes turned red from the blood vessels bursting and gritted his teeth as he endured the pain with all his might.

“ Huff… Huff “

“A... Mere... Human... Dares!!!”

Fwoooosh!

A black blade flew towards the right hand of Gaint plunging deeply into its flesh and used all his strength until the sensation of the sword penetrating deeply into it was felt; with green blood sprouting from the wound.

After a brief second, the Giant shook its head wildly in excruciating agony. He didn’t resist and let himself fall to the ground.

‘ Shit, this is definitely not an S Rank monster. There is something fishy going on!!.'

Leaving his belated regrets behind, He poured another bottle of potion into his mouth but the wounds were healing very slowly due to the severity of the injuries and a large hole in his abdomen.

“I....Will....Kill.…!”

“ Roooar “

The Gaint Titan let out a roar of anger. Its pride was hurt. It had never experienced such a humiliating event since its creation in the dungeon. It was ridiculous that it would be pushed back this much by a puny little human.

Both of them continued to fight as if they were possessed.

As Noah leaped high into the air and swung his blade towards its neck.

Bang!

The Gaint's throat exploded as it faced an attack containing the full brunt of Noah's sword. His blade tore through the tissues of its neck and cut off its head.

“ rooar…!”

A scream erupted as its large head separated from the body and fell towards the ground while Noah fell on his knees.

“Hua. Hua…”

He took in a rough breath while looking at his body slowly turning blue which was the sign of being poisoned.

He wiped off the blood that flowed down his eyes and hopelessly turned his head. His eyes lay on the woman who was looking at him with her usual pure innocent eyes.

Dozens of hunters who were like his friends and family were dead except her. The remaining monsters didn't attack her and even stood guard like a protective shield.

‘ Thank God! The poison is working fine…!’

Alice, who was hiding behind the rubble in the distance and observing the situation, had a smile on her face.

Although she’d seen many extraordinary and famous hunters in many worlds through her thousands of years of life, but none of them had been like this.

Watching the hopeless situation, Noah stood up despairingly and proceeded to walk.

Cough!

Plop… plop…

Looking at the woman who was still smiling at him lovingly; Noah wanted to get angry, but he couldn’t even muster up the strength to do so.

“ You are not a human right.. “

Noah didn’t even finish his sentence before a flaming sensation came from his heart.

**********

Meanwhile, Shen Ming's body was experiencing mysterious changes, especially his eyes while he was experiencing a terrible dream.

All the golden lights engraved with countless words in an unknown language disintegrated in his eyes.

His whole body shook violently as the fragments of light joined together before emitting a bright light.

His body temperature started rising sharply as though he was burning from the inside out. Slowly cracks appeared in the eyes of Shen Ming and black flames lit up in his eyes.

Shen Ming trembled under the intense pain as though every inch of his body was about to shatter. The maid who came to apply the medicine was shocked when she examined the rising body temperature.

Xiao Ning had never seen her young master like this before. Her eyes couldn't see the bright golden light or the black flames emitting from her eyes except for the rising body temperature.

TWO DAYS LATER

“ Did I die again....!”

His mind was a whirl of confusion and at the same time. He wanted to get up but was pushed back by the hands of someone.

“ Young master, you’re finally awake? Thank god, everyone was worried sick for you! ” a kind and gentle voice sounded beside his ear. The voice was full of happiness and relief.

Shen Ming slowly opened his eyes. His blurry vision gradually became clearer, and a woman’s face appeared before him.

The woman appeared to be in her thirties and was beautiful. She was none other than his personal maid who was taking care of him for the past twelve years after his mother's death.

Currently, his maid was tearfully looking at Shen Ming with eyes that were full of love and care.

“Young Master, you scared me to death.” As the woman spoke, her eyes became even redder and tears streamed down.

“ Xiao Ning!”

“ Yes! I am here young master..”

But Shen Ming didn't answer and instead looked at the virtual screen that appeared in front of his eyes that had a faint golden light.

**********

Name: Xiao Ning 

Age: 30 years ( 30/120)

Race: Human

Affiliation: Shen Family; Personal maid of Shen Ming.

Cultivation: Advanced Rank 1st stage( 25% for the next Rank.)

Emotion: Positive 

***********

At this moment, an old man appeared beside him. He examined Shen Ming for a few minutes before saying, “ Your injuries are almost healed and you will be fully healed by tomorrow.”

“ Thanks, Elder Su for checking me in your busy time, “ Shen Ming said cupping his fists in respect. Since the person in front of him was the only Earth Rank Low-Grade Alchemist in Sun City. 

**********

Name: Su Wen 

Age: 80 years ( 80/200)

Race: Human 

Affiliation: Su Family; Branch Head of Sun City Alchemist Guild (Earth Rank Low-Grade Alchemist).

Cultivation: Expert Rank 3rd stage( 25% for the next Rank.)

Emotion: Neutral.

***********

Oldman Su nodded his head in indifference and went out of the room followed by Xiao Ning who was giving her some instructions.

Meanwhile, Shen Ming was pleasantly surprised by the virtual screen that appeared in front of him.

And when he carefully examined his body, his expression changed into sheer surprise.

‘ The golden eyes that were always above his energy core disappeared mysteriously..’

‘ Don't tell me that they got merged with my eyes and they are the reason that I am able to look into other's information.. ’

Just when Shen Ming was about to stand up from his bed, the door of the room was gently pushed open again, and Xiao Ning walked in with a bowl of medicine in her hand.

“Young master, it’s time to take some medicine.”

“Medicine? What medicine is it?” Shen Ming's nose sniffed slightly as he asked.

“This is something Elder Su recommended to control your body temperature called Frost leaf essence” replied Xiao Ning and handed it to him.

After staring at the thing in his hand for a few seconds; Shen Ming immediately swallowed it closed his eyes in drowsiness and fell into deep sleep.

6