Chapter 12: Blazing Sword art
79 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At dawn, Cultivation Practice Field

Shen Ming sat cross-legged on the ground, with his face facing the rising Sun in the sky, and meditated with his eyes closed.

Shen Ming practices the ‘Solar essence' Energy Qi cultivation technique since he has a high affinity towards fire element.

During the Novice Rank, it is advisable to practice harnessing the energy naturally instead of using spirit stones found in Heaven and Earth veins.

So for the past three years, Shen Ming would come here every Sunrise to practice his Qi cultivation and also consult with Shen Dinghai; the Head librarian of Sutra Pavilion.

The pavilion has all the skills found and bought by the Shen Family over the past thousand years.

Even though ‘Solar essence’ is the only  ‘Earth Rank Top grade’ technique in the family that has been found in the past in an Ancient ruin; very few tried to practice it even though it is known for its higher Qi energy reserves compared to other techniques.

Consequently, it is quite difficult to comprehend and takes more time and resources to advance in future cultivation.

In the past, it took Shen Ming more than ten days to master all the key points for the perfect circulation of the Mortal Rank chapter and another week to perfectly master the circulation.

Compared to his peers who were able to do it in six days by practicing other cultivation techniques. It is indeed very slow.

But If it was only higher Qi reserves; Shen Ming wouldn't have practiced it. There were three other reasons for him to practice this technique despite its high cost of time and resources.

The first reason is that it is the only top-grade fire affinity technique among the Earth Rank skills in the Shen Family.

The second reason is being able to awaken a natural spirit fire when you break through to the Advanced Rank realm by practicing this technique.

This is far better compared to refining a Spirit fire formed in the wilderness which is not better than a naturally awakened one and takes at least two years to refine and completely control it.

As for the third reason......it was something even he didn't know except the thing he heard from his grandfather that it would be very beneficial for him in the future.

It has already been a week from the day the assessment ended and there was no sign of his breakthrough in his Qi cultivation. In the past even though he was good at being patient; there was always self-doubt growing in his heart.

Since he used to practice for Six hours a day compared to his peers who only practiced for 3 hours a day.

But from the day he was able to see through the screen in front of him; all his worries were gone.

[[ Name: Shen Ming

Age: 16 years ( 16/80) 

Race: Human

Affiliation: Young master of the Shen Family. 

Energy Qi Cultivation: Novice Rank 6th stage( 52% for the next Rank.) 

Body Refining: Iron Body 7th stage( 20% for the next Rank.) ]]

Shen Ming's face turned golden red from the rays of the sun absorbed by his body at his every breath. The temperature of his breath was so high that even the surroundings of his body grew more hotter.

After a few hours, Shen Ming woke up from his trance and saw Grandpa third waiting in front of him.

[[ Name: Shen Dinghai

Age: 110 years ( 110/120) 

Race: Human

Affiliation: Librarian Elder of Shen Family. 

Energy Qi Cultivation: Advanced Rank Rank 7th stage.

Body Refining: Silver Body 7th stage.]]

“How is your practice going on, Shen Ming??”

Shen Ming smiled bitterly and shook his head.

Seeing this, he looked at Shen Ming, with a trace of regret flashing in his weathered eyes.

‘It’s already been more than a month since Shen Ming has broken through to the 6th stage. Is it true that he would also not be able to awaken the spirit fire just like me??’

However, Shen Dinghai calmed down his emotions very well and spoke in a relaxed tone.

“Don’t be anxious. If this technique was so easy to practice, then the Shen Family would have already become powerful enough to compete with the Clans of Four Main cities of the Empire.”

“ So you don't need to worry too much and at the worst, you could change into other techniques “

“Thank you, Third Grandpa, I will do my best,” replied Shen Ming cupping his fists.

Afterward, both Third grandpa and Shen Ming talked for a few minutes, and the third grandpa kept urging him to find some girls from the Clan to enjoy the youth.

After bidding farewell to Grandpa Third, Shen Ming walked back hurriedly not giving him any chance to stop him.

******

Shen Ming also wants to allocate more time for his practice but every time he absorbs a breath from the rays of the Sun, there will be a Fire Qi poison stored in his body.

And his body could only bear up to the heat of the poison for six hours which is already highest in the Clan from the day the technique was founded.

In the past; Some members of the Clan ignored the limit and practiced forcefully, and had the accumulated fire poison detonate in their bodies to only die within five days.

It was also for this reason, that Shen Ming started practicing Body refining cultivation; so he could allocate more time to it. Even though the increase in time is very little and now he can do it for 6 hours 30 minutes.

And unknowingly arrived at the Family martial arts field where everyone practices their marital arts.

“ Cousin! Cousin Shen Ming!!”

An excited call came from not far away, interrupting his thoughts. He turned around and saw Shen Yao waving her hand towards him in excitement.

Seeing Shen Ming turn his head to look towards her, Shen Yao quickly ran over and said,

“ Cousin, we were all just discussing about sword skills. I didn’t expect to see you coming here.”

“ Can you tell us about your insights into your Blazing sword art?”

When Shen Ming looked at the twinkling gaze of her and remembered the care of the First uncle in the past few years; he wasn't able to refuse her and ended up nodding his head.

Seeing Shen Ming nod, even the members who were perking their ears to their conversation started coming over with bated breath.

Shen Ming thought for a moment about how to explain. If he was asked to explain others skills, he wasn’t too sure but the sword was his partner even in his past life. So he was at least confident that he could explain it more accurately than other instructors.

As for the Blazing Sword art, he has already mastered it up to basic level proficiency and has his own understanding and opinions. So It is not difficult to explain it.

“In my opinion, the key points of using Blazing sword art are nothing more than two aspects, speed and power.”

As soon as Shen Ming opened his mouth, he couldn’t stop. He analyzed his understanding of the Blazing Sword skill of Mortal Rank part in a simple and in-depth manner.

When he got to the key points, he would also demonstrate it himself by taking out his Black sword.

Under Shen Ming’s two-pronged explanation, everyone within the twenty-meter radius around him listened in pin-drop silence.

Even the instructor who teaches Fire affinity skills stood silently along with others and gazed in surprise at the demonstration of Shen Ming.

One hour passed from the time Shen Ming started his explanation and stopped under the eager looks of everyone who wanted him to explain more.

“Okay, now if you have any questions, you can ask me.”

After Shen Ming finished speaking, Shen Yao spoke immediately:

“ Cousin, according to what you said, the power of the sword attack increasing more than 200%, but I have been practicing for the past few years. Although I could feel some progress. It’s far from what you have achieved.”

Shen Ming had already anticipated this question from his cousin who always wants to achieve quick success.

“ It's because you are practicing less and worrying more about the result which makes your practice half-hearted.”

“As the saying goes, when you practice to a certain level and your understanding of skill reaches its peak, the strength of the slash of your sword will naturally change qualitatively.”

At this moment, a little girl with a bun looked at Shen Ming seriously, and asked with curiosity in her big eyes:

“ Second cousin, have you already achieved basic level proficiency in your sword art??”

Shen Ming looked at the twelve years old girl in interest and said with a smile on his face,

“ Fourth cousin is really smart, but it's a secret.”

“Ah!” Shen Jing exclaimed, and then asked in disbelief: “Second Cousin, then how many years it takes for a person to reach basic level.”

Shen Ming recalled the history of the people who practiced the Blazing Sword art and said: “ It takes about 3 - 5 years, that too only if the person has a good talent in Sword skill.”

Many had dejected looks on their faces, but Shen Jing was different and instead responded in an energetic voice

“Then I will work harder to practice, and will be as strong as my second cousin in the future.” Shen Jing clenched her fists and vowed.

“Then fourth cousin, you have to work harder, second cousin will not stop and wait for you to slowly become stronger,” said Shen Ming looking at the girl’s serious look and started laughing which made others gasp in surprise.

“ Did I really see it right.. “

“ Yes! You saw it right “

“ It was my first time to see Shen Ming laugh “

“ Most of the time he only smiles. So it is indeed rare. “

“ Then I will also practice hard!” shouted Shen Yao.

“Me too!”

A group of teenagers spoke one after another, their eyes filled with renewed light.

5