FOURTEEN
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the day before Raif was set to leave for Banks Island, he saw Wyn across a crowded room. If she came over to him, he was going to kiss her. He was going to kiss her right up until the moment when he had to leave. His bags were all packed. Every arrangement had been made. He had nothing he had to do, except pull her into his arms and give her all the love he had.

Except, she wasn’t looking his way. She was hurrying down a hallway.

Later, she was running to a car.

He raced home. 

He knocked on Wyn’s apartment door. 

Muriel answered. 

Hot and sweaty, he demanded, “Where’s Wyn?”

Muriel looked confused. “She moved out. Didn’t she tell you? All her stuff is gone. I don’t know if you remember, but like none of the furniture was mine. This place is a wasteland.” She stepped aside to show Raif the empty apartment.

“Where did she go?”

“Seriously? Didn’t she tell you? You two have been ridiculous, mooning over each other for months. What happened in those few days when the two of you were alone? From my perspective, it looks like you created a secret cult with blood oaths to ensure your silence. You two are so weird! Why didn’t you just move in together, or date? Surely, you guys could have dated!”

“I don’t even have her phone number,” Raif admitted sadly. “Please, tell me where she’s gone.”

Muriel put a hand to her head like she had a concussion all over again. “Look. I’m sure she had a reason for not telling you. I’m not spilling the beans. Goodbye, Raif. Travel safely tomorrow.”

“Wait!”

She closed the door on him.

Raif stood there, panicking, feeling each beat of his heart like it would break. He should never have taken that job. He should have written to the people at the park and told them that he couldn’t take the job because he needed to be with Wyn and she couldn’t come with him.

He wanted to do it now, but it was too late. He had to go. At least, he had to work a few months. During that time, he would find Wyn on social media, find a job near her, and go to her whether she wanted him or not.


 Author's Notes: Thanks for reading!  I'll release the last chapter tomorrow!  

0