Chapter 1
476 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“so, I’m really dead? Are the dogs okay at least?”

“Indeed. Though thou hath successfully saved those lives, thee were crushed under rubble regardless” “Thine body was truly-”

“I really don’t want to know.”

the ball of light flashed with what I think was amusement.

“What I want to know: is what happens now?” I looked around the endless expanse of white. “You didn’t just bring me here to mock me did you?”

“Nay. It hath been determined that thou shall be rewarded for thine sacrifice. In modern terms, you shalt be isekai’d”

“so... what now? Am I supposed to choose a world and power or something?”

“Indeed”

“anything? Then can you bring me back to life?”

“Nay. Thy request is rejected.”

“alright, fine. What about if I say put me in Konoha in the Naruto world at the same age as him with Sakuya Izayoi’s power?” I jokingly asked, assuming that Space-Time Manipulation in a fictional world would be far too ridiculous

“Understood. Though some limits shalt be placed on thine powers to protect dimensional boundaries, thy request is granted”

“wait! I was clearly jo-” but before I could even get my words out, the next thing I saw was a bright light.

_________________________________________________________________________

Time passed, and before I knew it I was 5 years old. It seems my parents were chunin killed in the “nine tails attack”, so with no relatives I ended up the same orphanage as Naruto. Due to my memories, I knew he wasn’t some sort of demon, so I had no problem becoming friends with him. This may have resulted in me being an outcast as well, but that only strengthened our friendship, making us more like siblings. On a side note, that self proclaimed god seems to have some sick sense of humor, since he seems to have made an “Izayoi” family just to kill it off so my name could be Sakuya Izayoi. I may have jokingly said I wanted her powers, but I never said I wanted her name, but it’s too late to complain now, at least my hair isn’t white. I still haven’t even figured out how to activate my powers, and at this point I’ve pretty much given up. I think I’m going to try to learn medical ninjutsu, ideally I could get a contract with the Inuzuka clan as some sort of vet, I love dogs enough to have died saving them after all. Since I can’t even use my powers anyway, I figured there’s no harm in giving up trying. What’s the worst that could happen? I mean, what could go wrong? After all-

Hearing swift foot steps and the door to my shared room opening, I close my diary and turn to look “Sakuya-chan, hide me” Seeing Naruto gently closing the door behind him, I sigh

“What did you do this time, Naruto?”

“I put a fish I caught a few days ago in the director’s bed”

pinching the bridge of my nose I replied “I know he deserves it, but you’re gonna get yourself kicked out of the orphanage at this point. I wouldn’t even be surprised if this was the final straw. Whatever though, you can hide under my bed, I’ll pretend I know nothing. In exchange-”

a huge smile came to his face as he quickly interjected “Thanks” only for it to disappear as I continued “-I no longer owe you Ramen from our last bet” “how is that fair?! there’s now way I would agree to-” when suddenly a voice came yelling from the hall followed by stomping footsteps

“NA-RU-TO!!”

Naruto quickly looked between my bed and the door, and with clear reluctance at the cost, he quickly dashed toward my bed “Fine, I agree, just hide me!”

Just as I stood up from helping him get under my bed, the door to the room slammed open with the orphanage director in the doorway. “Sakuya! Where is Naruto?!”

Trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice, I quipped back “how should I know. Besides, you may be the director but should a man really be slamming open a lady’s door”

Scoffing, he replied “Putting aside the fact that your that demon’s underling, you’re a child, I would hardly call you a lady.” and at that I snapped.

Calling Naruto a demon already put him past the point of forgiveness, but that’s sadly par for the course these days. However, him mocking me for being a child pushed me over the edge, immature of me though it may be.

As I stepped towards him I started “First off, Naruto is clearly my underling” (“hey!”) “and to call him a demon, as an adult you should be ashamed of yourself.” I took another step towards him, causing him to step back “Second off, being a Lady has nothing to do with age” I looked him up and down, then scoffed “hmph, no wonder you’re single”

My smile quickly disappeared as he swung at me, sending me flying due to my child body. Coming out from his hiding place Naruto swung at him “How dare you!” but as a completely untrained child, he had no hope against an adult, even if a civilian, and was quickly knocked down.

“There you are, I need to teach you a lesson.” as a cruel smile came to his face, he started kicking him “And if you end up disappearing as a result, well, no one will miss you”

Seeing him kicking Naruto while he curled up on the ground, I ran at him, yelling as I swung my small fist, “Stop!” and with an amused look he caught it, only suddenly, he wasn’t moving. He was as still as a statue, sneer still on his face, with even his chest un-moving as it should have been due to breathing. I freaked out, grabbing Naruto and ran out of the orphanage dragging him behind me as I realized with regret, this is exactly what could go wrong.

_________________________________________________________________________

Due to me freaking out, it took me a good minute or so of running to realize that I was dragging Naruto along the ground behind me. With no other choice, I forced myself to calm down, noting that dragging him around was not going to help his injuries. Since he was unconscious, I tried to gently place him against a nearby tree out of sight. Thankfully it was still the middle of the day, so I could surely ask someone for help.

“Please help! Naruto is injured”

“Please help Naruto, he’s badly hurt”

“Please, Naruto needs help”

“...somebody... please”

I asked passerby after passerby for help, but the second they heard his name they brushed me of. I had forgotten, how Naruto was being treated by people other than me. After running around for I don’t know how long, I suddenly heard a voice behind me.

“Young lady, what seems to be the problem?”

Turning around, I saw an old man who looked strangely familiar. I flinched as I realized it was the third hokage, but deciding that he might actually help I pleaded

“Naruto is badly injured, he needs help” a frown came to his face “take me to him” sighing with relief, I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the nearby tree I left Naruto under.

Seeing the condition he was in, Hiruzen’s chakra flared up, pushing me back despite him immediately getting it under control. “my apologies” he walked over to Naruto and gently picked him up “I’m taking him to the hospital, tell me what happened on the way”

“umm, I don’t think I’ll be able to keep up”

He looked at me for a second before making an “ah” noise. Kneeling down, while still gently holding Naruto, he said to “get on my back” I paused for a second, but I ignored my embarrassment as I climbed on and put my arms around his neck. “Hold on tight, I’ll be going full speed. You can tell me what happened when we arrive.”

_______________________________________________________________________

 

apparently fonts don't exist, so despite originally having different fonts for speaking and narration that's now gone. hopefully that doesn't affect the flow too negatively

32