Chapter 1 Out of this world
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was going about his day like the rest, not caring about school or what anyone had to say, there was a surprise event with heroes for some reason today, which I didn’t even hear until now. Hearing them talk just felt fake, they were still blessed with power energy and talked as if they didn’t have any power, but burdens that we are lucky to be normal. Yeah right who believes that, looking around people share the same feelings even the ones who were in awe stopped and looked conflicted. That whole thing was dumb, ruining his day even more.

Almost like they were hearing him, one of them turned to me, then people around my were looking my direction before looking away, weirdos.

Here, hoping my day is better tomorrow.

Waking up, there was a blue screen in the air in front of him, all it said was System. Laying in bed for a while thinking what to make of this. Unconsciously swipes his hand through the screen… Huh, still there?

He didn’t know what to do, starting the day like this as his body forcefully woke up, feeling a rush to wake up.

Yeah, I’m going to feel that later, but for now he needed to see what this thing is.

Sitting up, wondering how could this have happened thinking back nothing too different had happened, other than the heroes some of them were looking at me for a bit, but they didn’t seem like the people to give random people powers much less from some random person in the crowd, if they did, it would be really irresponsible of them and would lower his opinions of them, even if he did get powers from it.

It still hasn’t gone away even when I swipe it rapidly. What does it mean? What can it do? What can I do now? And since when do powers  come like that?

I need to hide this for now.

Her kid just got out of bed, going to her with a smile, she was a little taken back by this, having his movement with positivity, sitting down and eating with joy.

“So, what got you so happy today?” Ask to her kid, He freezes.

“I'm still so excited from yesterday.” He says begrudgingly, remembering how he was yesterday and talked about them, it was obvious, it wasn’t that and wasn’t able to think of something else.

“Ok” Nodding, looking at his face and wanting him to stay like this, I let it go.

Is it so wrong to want her kid happy?

She shrugs.

He almost failed and told his mom, but he still succeeded, barely.

On his way to school, he was trying to make the system work while looking silly doing so or looking like someone who watches too many cartoons or anime. The embarrassed got to him and stopped doing that halfway to school.

In school, he greets his classmates, others in class seem to be watching him, it did confuse him.

While in his class, he tries to get out every time he can without getting into trouble, but before he could even try, someone had asked for the bathroom.  Then, when he got the chance in another class a teacher passing by asked for my help with something, he got stuck talking to him and another student skipping class, he thinks.  He wants to get out of there, any other day would have been good, the talk was interesting, just bad timing.

During lunch time, people are everywhere, so finding a hiding spot was hard until he met/bumped into the popular girl, being by herself which was weird in itself. 

She thought it was about herself, when he told her, he didn’t know her.  How surprised she was, when she heard that, of course he did but making her think that was funny. She was caught so flat footed, she almost fell.

Then she left in a hurry, looking back angrily and confused trying to hold back what she wanted to say.

I think she knows I was messing with her.

Sadly I miss all the lunch time I had and I didn’t even get to eat.

Even in my last class, I wasn’t able to do anything about this system by then it was too late, it was better to wait after school.

As soon as the bell rang, I rushed out of the school, almost tripping over some people.

In the park near the school, standing in a field of grass, a little hidden from the main path.

“Ok, how do I start this?” Trying all sorts of movements to open up the system like in the morning and his way to school, still getting nothing, not surprised.

“Do I still have this?” Trying to look up on his phone what other stories have done.

Because of RPG games and self-insert stories they get unique power to become the strongest with little effort. I would say it’s unrealistic, but it does happen.

Feeling a little desperate he tries some of the techniques he read. Saying all the commands that are in games and other media.

They didn't work. He just looked dumb for no reason.

After laying down, thinking about giving up.

Out of nowhere, It just chooses to open itself for no reason, I didn’t do anything different or anything, it just… A little annoying but now I have it and I can’t stop the excitement I feel.

Stats

Strength: 0.08~

Showing up like those of gamer stories, my gateway to ultimate power was here, why it only had one stat and placed so low.  This was really disheartening, he always thought of himself as being stronger than average, other than powered people. Why only this? no health points, intelligence, mp, defense or any other RPG stat which was weird, really weird.

I tried to figure out anything about it, but it only showed me that stat screen. I did as many push ups as I could to see if something the strength stat had changed, looking back the number was the same. I tried messing with my internal energies but still nothing.

Nothing seems to be following how the stories, powered people or heroes have said.

They have said that it came at them naturally but out of control until they get a hang of it.

Stepping back and gathering himself, I just need to wait and see.

Sighing, I still need to tell that person.

0