Chapter 22
137 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birthday party Hale's residence


ROBIN'S POV

She was right in front of me now, wearing a white 1920's style dress. She looked good, very very good. And I had to consciously stop myself from just staring at her, which I could do all day if I was allowed to. Ain't she the same age as me? Why does she look a lot more mature?

"I'm glad you could make it, I wasn't sure if you were going to come this time. Nice to see you again, I don't know if you remember, but we have met before, at your home, I went there to get something back for my father." Rosalie greeted me with a warm smile, but a slight hopeful look crossed her face, it was barely noticeable unless you were keenly looking at her.

I couldn't actually speak to her, so I just smiled and gave her a nod. And her brother noticed that his sister seemed to have a good impression of the girl, and he didn't read any bad thoughts towards her sister so he decided to help out.

"First off, Happy Birthday from both of us, we gave the gift to your mother... And she remembers you, she was so excited to meet you again, she told us that seemed like a nice girl to be around as a friend." Edward shared with a slight smile.

Rosalie, hearing this, looked at him and blushed.

Oook, she's definitely straight, why do I sound like that's even a question? Of course, she's straight. And you, I thought you were my brother, why are you here making her blush in MY presence?! 

'Stupid Edward, stop flirting with my potential friend or I'll make you listen to Baby Shark again, this time for a week!' I threatened him along with a subtle pinch on his arm.

The slight smile he had cramped and the miniscule curve, gradually fell.

Rosalie, free from the blush that ran up her cheeks, landed her gaze again at me.

"Since you're here, would you like me to introduce you to the others? To be honest, they have been quite curious about you and your brother." She suggested. I was so focused on listening to her voice, which can be recorded as an ASMR audio, that I didn't notice the reluctance that passed by her expression.

But Edward did. And this caused him to raise an eyebrow, amused. He also noticed that I was distracted, so he tapped my hand on his arm to catch my attention.

"She's asking if you would like to meet the other children here, she's volunteering to introduce you around." He repeated for me.

I really don't want to... I looked around and saw all of them looking at us, most of them tried to be subtle with it, but some of them were just blatantly gawking... I can smell them... Ew.. Eeeeeew... Fucking teenagers and their hormones, disgusting... I don't mind the ladies much tho.

Ok, I can't keep hiding myself from the public, let's treat this as practice for the future. Yep, practice. So I looked at Rosalie and gave her a determined look, and a nod.

Unbeknownst to me, my brother and Rosalie saw my expression and were a bit worried for me, they knew that this would be a new experience for me. Edward knew that this was my first ever social gathering in both human and vampire society, where I was going to interact with multiple people... And Rosalie knew that I'd never attended any of the parties and it is well known that I was homeschooled, so I didn't socialize much.

Edward having read Rosalie's thoughts, exchanged a nod of understanding with her.

"Very well then, let's start... From the right and and just walk towards a few groups and then let them come to us" Rosalie said to them, her hand gesturing for them to follow.

We first went to a group of 3 girls, 2 had curious and a bit of flushed expressions, I'm not sure if it's directed towards menor my brother, or both. But one of them had a bit of jealousy in her gaze towards me and Rosalie... Oooh, I'd love to change that, in fact, why don't I change that, I'm here to make friends right?

The three girls perked up when they realized that we were heading toward them, I could smell their anxiousness, so I flashed them a charming smile, which not only calmed them down but also visibly put all their focus onto me, if they were also eyeing my brother earlier, now it's gone. This made me grin in amusement at how easy humans can be, they can be very visual when it comes to finding a partner.

"Hi ladies, I'd like to introduce to you the Cullen siblings." Rosalie started introducing them.

"I'm Edward Cullen, brother of this lovely girl, Robin Liesha Cullen" He introduced us, then held each of the girl's hands that were reaching out towards him for a sec.

[AN: I don't know how people greeted each other back then, so let it slip ok? I'm assuming the girls reach out their hand for the guy to hold and the back of their hand? But Eddie being Eddie won't do that, so he just held them for a sec.]

Each girl introduced themselves, his actions got their attention again for a bit, but when I went for a cheek kiss kind of greeting the girls froze, and were in a daze, and blushing afterward. Even that one girl who held negative feelings towards me.

[AN: y'all know about how it is right? Not literally kissing their cheeks, it's like air kisses cheek by cheek or something]

Yep, I'm beautiful I know. This is fun, they're pretty cute too, I can imagine them growing up nicely. Eew, I sound like a creep. But I'm technically similar in age now, so it isn't really so bad... I think?

[AN: it is, it is kinda creepy, you're borderline a ped- *awie!* where  did this hairpin come from!]

I fixed my hair a bit after mysteriously losing one of my hairpins. Mentally sending a 'shut the F up' to no one.

We spent a few minutes with them and then moved on to 2 more groups doing the same thing, and when the rest of the guests realized what they were doing, they took turns coming to us to introduce themselves.

I was fine with the female attention, no matter how... Uh... Charmed? Yeah, let us call it charmed. No matter how charmed they were of me, I could take it, since most of their gaze wasn't exactly unpleasant, they were still pretty innocent, which is quite the norm in the 1920's I guess... But the males were mostly pigs, regardless of their age, the scent they gave off, and Edwards's reaction to them says it all, tho the latter could have been just him being a siscon.

A couple of guys tried to do the greeting of kissing the back of my hand, but my brother intercepted their hands midway and shook their hands, then proceeded to give them a look that said back away, and back away they did. He's so cute, right?

Rosalie had been incredible, she fit right in... She was a social butterfly, she knew everybody, and everybody knew her, and she's still currently human... Unlike vampires whose looks were amplified to be beautiful enough for their prey... all of this charisma was just her. Amazing right?

I wanted to stay longer to get closer to her, this was a rare chance to befriend her, but I was beginning to feel anxious and tired of being surrounded by a lot of people. My social battery was empty, My mask was gonna fall off, and they'd see a withdrawn Robin. We can't have that, I'll get better in the future... I think.

'I want to go home, I'm tired' I mentally said with a tired kind of whining voice.

He gave me a look and leaned down to my ear to make it seem like he was going to whisper something to me, but what he did do was call out to our parents who were always just a sensing distance from us, and informed them of my request to go home. And they all agreed to go home with me. I told them I was fine to go alone or at least just with Eddie, but they insisted on just going home since their main purpose for coming to these parties was to blend in.

Mom and Dad came over to us and informed us that we were going home now in front of the other guests, the people surrounding us were visibly disappointed about the fact that we were already leaving especially a certain blonde hair with violet eyes.

She escorted us to the door, but before I went out. I signed to my parents to wait for me and Edward outside and that we'll be out soon.

'Translate for me please, word per word ok? Thank you.' I asked of my brother, to which he gave a subtle nod.

I focused on the beautiful girl in front of us and gave her a grateful smile.

*once again, Happy birthday. My first-ever party experience outside of the family went surprisingly better than expected, and it's all thanks to you. You've been a wonderful host to us when you should have been carefreely enjoying yourself at your own party, but we made you stay with us, and I've actually been worried that we were disrupting the party. Thank you so much. You've been nothing but wonderful. If it wouldn't be too forward of me, since we just met for the second time, I quite like your company, and would like to be your friend.* I signed while looking at her smiling gratefully, but changed to anxious right at the end.

And Rosalie just looking at her right now without saying anything is not helping with my anxiety at the moment. Did I do something wrong? Have I failed to act normal around her?... My head was noisy from all the possible negative reasons for her silence... 

But then her face morphed into a beaming smile.

"I would love to be your friend! And about you bothering me, don't think like that, I would've left you, siblings, after greeting you and talking for a few minutes, but I chose to be with you. It was more enjoyable for me." she said sincerely.

*You mean that? I mean, I'm not much of a talker, being my friend would be necessarily difficult and-* I didn't know why, but started listing the cons of being my friend but Rosalie interrupted me by holding my hands.

"But nothing, again, if I didn't want to, I wouldn't have. Do you understand?" She asked looking directly into my eyes.

And it was effective, it shut me up... Her eyes are really beautiful, how can a human be this perfect...

I heard a cough from my side from Edward, which brought me back to reality, I totally forgot he was with us, I could feel my face burn up from embarrassment.

So I just gave her a nod and a grateful smile. She's such a good girl, she may have some vain self-absorbed attributes, but who's not like that in their own way? Besides, she actually has something to be vain about, and that's not all that, she's also a very good and sweet person, that event from the plot must have changed her a lot in the canon.

After all this we really had to go, I didn't want to further embarrass myself in front of my brother, I'm sure his rearing to tease me after we got home. I could feel him holding back an annoying grin already.

We exchanged telephone numbers, promised to hang out in the near future, and reluctantly hugged goodbye for now.

As me and my brother were walking towards our parents.

"So, Rosalie huh?" He questioned smirking.

'Shut up' Was all I could retort.

~~

AN: I found a new amusing hobby for me now, checking the review comments under those kinds of reviews... It's amusing 🙈

I'm kind of fixated on modern family fanfics right now, I found some that are quite amusing. I just hope they don't drop it.

Imma be shameless since I was advised that I should do it... Since it would still be the person's choice to donate or not. If you wish to send support... Just if... here's my PayPal 👇

https://www.paypal.me/EmphieIchini

7